• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd Score Challenge 2

Direction notes give points on the way they are hit. U can either press both the direction and face button in sync. Or you can hold the direction button down for a long chain and only press the face buttons. Could be that you are holding the direction button and only pressing the face button?
If you notice, I was getting higher scores despite getting the same note counts. I'm well aware of the score-increasing techniques. I was mainly saying the game was messing with me by giving me those same note counts repeatedly.

Was gonna try this, but this is the best I can do.

On normal.

CF3Jbk7UEAEZBtV.jpg

OMg i would hate this to happen to me..wait it already happenned !

I feel for your pain.

antibolo

Banned
Just had 94.9% literally three fucking times in a row. I just can't break the Excellent grade yet.

That second Technical can go to hell. A 7.5-star song shouldn't have this bullshit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, should I spend my Memorial Day seeing if I can aim for an even BETTER score, to be on the safe side?

I don't want to risk the chance of being beaten by a mere few 100 points AGAIN like my previous score (was beaten by 110 despite having the same Cool & Good count).

antibolo

Banned
At least I've broken the Excellent barrier, but that Technical still fucks me up. I think I'm getting better at it but it feels more like just plain luck, bleh.
Unfortunately it's not a holiday over here so I can't spend the whole day on it.

antibolo

Banned
OH GOD YES FINALLY

I swear, my vision was starting to fade away after the Chance Time, I almost fainted.

Probably not going to bother improving it, getting a Perfect is already more than enough satisfaction for me.

yyr

Ugh, beyond frustrated with this game and its inane scoring system and bizarre timing window and this song's super-confusing chart. I never would have unlocked the "use Luka 50 times" thing, but it popped a little while ago, and it says I've now cleared this chart 38 times. That is not counting the almost certainly 100+ restarts.

Finally after adjusting the timing in Options, then again, then again and finally to +16, I feel like the button sounds are actually matching up to the song on my Vita. Maybe. It seems impossible to tell. Why is it that I feel able to keep timing perfectly in any other music game I've played, but not this one?

Anyway, I finally got to the point where I wasn't breaking combo exactly once every time, and I have a score that is still under macklelol's old one, but good enough that I'm not sure I can do better before the deadline. These always seem to happen when I've got a lot going on...

antibolo, congrats on nailing the Perfect. Actually, congrats to anyone who managed a Perfect, or almost did, or even thought it was possible. After this is over I don't think I will ever play that chart again.

macklelol

Ugh, beyond frustrated with this game and its inane scoring system and bizarre timing window and this song's super-confusing chart. I never would have unlocked the "use Luka 50 times" thing, but it popped a little while ago, and it says I've now cleared this chart 38 times. That is not counting the almost certainly 100+ restarts.

Finally after adjusting the timing in Options, then again, then again and finally to +16, I feel like the button sounds are actually matching up to the song on my Vita. Maybe. It seems impossible to tell. Why is it that I feel able to keep timing perfectly in any other music game I've played, but not this one?

Anyway, I finally got to the point where I wasn't breaking combo exactly once every time, and I have a score that is still under macklelol's old one, but good enough that I'm not sure I can do better before the deadline. These always seem to happen when I've got a lot going on...

antibolo, congrats on nailing the Perfect. Actually, congrats to anyone who managed a Perfect, or almost did, or even thought it was possible. After this is over I don't think I will ever play that chart again.

Most of the song felt alright to me (playing on Vita with the timing calibrated to +20), though certain parts were weird like the beginning scratches and some of the hold notes (but I think that's just me being bad at hold notes, especially releasing them).

I have a lot of complaints about how some things are scored, like link scratches and the combo point multiplier thing, but it's not completely terrible. I played osu for a little bit and now that is a terrible scoring system.

yyr

+20, eh? I was wondering what setting you used. Maybe I'll try again on +20...

It's just bizarre to me, especially considering that it felt okay on 0 when I first started playing it.

I think the things I hate most about the scoring system are the fact that Goods/Fines during Chance Time hurt you much, much more than Goods/Fines anywhere else, and of course the link scratches, which were poorly executed all around. But at least in this chart, they're at the beginning of the song, so if you suck at them you can just restart immediately. ...oh, and yes, combo-based scoring is always terrible.

Kikirin

Best of luck to all who are entering!

I'll be sitting this one out since I hadn't put in the time to refine my score and won't have time to play it more before before the deadline. Don't have access to the screenshot at the moment, but my current best is a Perfect at ~436k with ~85 goods.

antibolo

Banned
I've only received 5 entries. Do people need more time?

I'm going to submit mine very soon, I wanted to give it one more go during my lunch break. I don't expect much though, so far I could only manage one more Perfect, and it was worse than my first by 3000 points lol. But I'm fine with the current deadline as it is.

Thanks. Reaching that Perfect meant a whole lot to me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've only received 5 entries. Do people need more time?
This ran for what, well over a week? I'd say you gave enough time, not to mention we had Memorial Day weekend, which I would assume a decent amount of people had off.

I guess you could extend it to the end of the day?

yyr

Improved a few hundred points after setting the timing to +20 (and trying repeatedly for another half-hour). Still under macklelol's old score but I don't think I can do this any more.

Final Good count: 28. Though that doesn't really say anything about the score. Submitting now.

I'm done, but I wouldn't take issue if the submission period was extended a few hours.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Improved a few hundred points after setting the timing to +20 (and trying repeatedly for another half-hour). Still under macklelol's old score but I don't think I can do this any more.

Final Good count: 28. Though that doesn't really say anything about the score. Submitting now.
*has Good count of 40*

WELP, hopes & dreams are dashed again....

yyr

*has Good count of 40*

WELP, hopes & dreams are dashed again....

It depends. The odds are against it, but a 40 with perfect link scratches and Chance Time could definitely beat a 28 without those.

I had at least a few Goods in both places. I was able to get all Cools on the link scratches several times, but on those runs, either I broke combo during the second Technical Zone, or just made too many mistakes elsewhere.

Just today I was ahead of my record by over 2K points during the "break" where she's running through the office, aaaaaaaaand then broke combo during the second Technical Zone again. If only...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess it's over now. I have to say, it was a bit fun being competitive with a game again. Reminds me when I played time attack on Strider on 360 to win a special promotional scarf (which I won). It really brings out the hidden potential in people. Heck, I surprised myself, even if I didn't get the top score. Congrats to whoever won & props to the guys that were close to winning and to anyone who kept practicting to improve their skills.

Also holy crap at some of you having insane amounts of Diva Points. I barely have 900k, but some of you have 11 million or over 20 million.

antibolo

Banned
My 11 million diva points feel more like a mark of shame than anything else tbqh. Wish I could get rid of them without losing all my scores.

I noticed several people who had stated they intended to enter haven't submitted scores yet, and I'm actually kind of stuck at work at the moment, so I'll keep taking scores until 11 PM.

Anyone have not-GAF means to contact miku the prodigy? Users who were not banned at the time this challenge went up can submit scores to me via Twitter @starcreator.

emiliano

Guess it's over now. I have to say, it was a bit fun being competitive with a game again. Reminds me when I played time attack on Strider on 360 to win a special promotional scarf (which I won). It really brings out the hidden potential in people. Heck, I surprised myself, even if I didn't get the top score. Congrats to whoever won & props to the guys that were close to winning and to anyone who kept practicting to improve their skills.

Also holy crap at some of you having insane amounts of Diva Points. I barely have 900k, but some of you have 11 million or over 20 million.
I suck at it but really (really) like this game, I can't help it but playing it. Would be cool if there was a way to spend that absurd quantity of credit. Instead it just keep piling up. Stupid useless DP.

I just improved a little my score and submitted just for fun. Still a standard. I don't know how much my age can affect my score, or if is just the lack of experience (I started playing rhythm games with project diva F a year ago). Whatever the reason I'm just having fun, so I guess I'll continue to play. Congratulations to all the participants.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I'm only seeing this today, and this is one of my worst songs, so I'm not trying. Good luck to everyone.

Zambayoshi

I just love playing Diva :) I also don't spend any DP now that I've unlocked everything and got the plat. I think I have 17-18 million and have spent around 125 hours in the digital version of the game. I had the physical JP version and probably spent a similar amount of time on it, maybe a bit less. For me, it's all about the music. The game itself is just something fun to do while listening and watching those awesome songs!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HELL YES! Finally did it.

I was going to upload my best score, but I managed a perfect just now:

2015-05-26-192028_zpslnm9ampl.jpg
Yeah, the feeling of knowing you can finally Perfect a song after soooo many attempts & getting past that one part that was always giving you trouble is a great feeling.

SephLuis

Congratulations!

Thanks! You have no idea how nervous I was once I passed the second Tech Zone without errors, haha.

For anyone suffering with this, I recommend you try using only double inputs. Someone sugested this before in here and it works.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thanks! You have no idea how nervous I was once I passed the second Tech Zone without errors, haha.

For anyone suffering with this, I recommend you try using only double inputs. Someone sugested this before in here and it works.
Yup, this is what I did as well (maybe it was me that suggested it?) & it made it much easier. Allows you to focus on if you need to hold the note or not.

antibolo

Banned
The way I do the Technical is I keep holding the note on the left hand after leaving the arrow notes. The game doesn't penalize you if you keep holding the wrong note.

I still fail it often but I can't deprogram this muscle memory anymore.

Haven't gotten a single Perfect today so far. I always miss something. Getting pretty demoralized.

EDIT: Oh of course I get a Perfect right after writing this post.

But my score is worse again. Bleh.

I'm having way too much trouble passing the song to even begin to start at improving my Cool timing.

EDIT 2: Nevermind all that, just beaten my record!

EDIT 3: Submitted. Final Good count: 65

Why are the OT images dead T_T

iJfbQiOU4zNvz.png

The Results

We had a lot on the line this time! Including all the people who posted scores in thread instead of PMing me, we had roughly 17 people participating.

The top three scorers of this challenge were:

1. macklelol, with 552210
  2. yyr, with 548000
  3. Atomicfireman, with 546710
I'll be in touch with the winners later today to arrange prizes. Congratulations!

Note that this is likely the last score challenge for DIVA F 2nd I will be personally running, but that shouldn't stop others from running their own! See you guys when Project mirai DX finally comes out!

yyr

552210?!?!?!? macklelol, what was your Good/Fine count?!?!??!

hhhoooooooolllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy mmmmmmmoooooooooollllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ecstatic that I wound up in 2nd after really struggling. Congrats to everyone who participated.

I realized that I hadn't sent a message once it was already past 5, sorry about that! I appreciate you taking the posted scores anyways, lol. Next time someone does a score challenge I'll try not to have that happen.

Anyways, congrats to the winners! Those are some seriously impressive scores.

SephLuis

Note that this is likely the last score challenge for DIVA F 2nd I will be personally running, but that shouldn't stop others from running their own! See you guys when Project mirai DX finally comes out!

See you all on IA/VT import....

and Taiko no Tatsujin....

and Project Mirai DX....

and other bunch of rhythm games I am forgetting now.

Pardon my french, but holy fuck at that 552210. Very impressive! Definitely want to see the good count on that sucker.

Good job everyone, and thank you StarCreator for holding the challenge. It was really fun to have a goal to work towards and I think it helped me improve at the game.

Top Bottom