• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody else think OKC has the advantage over Miami because they have similar styles but OKC does it better? I think trying to run with this team will produce the same affect it had for the Spurs: losses.

Puddles

Banned
Un-fucking-believable.

All the Celtics had to do was not get outscored by more than six points in the 2nd half, and they couldn't even do that.

Fuck those geriatric shitpiles. Then again, they were playing five on eight. Fuck Stern.

KingGondo

Banned
Derek Fisher better get a a Game 4 (ORL) or Game 3 (BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-STON) performance for you guys.
He's been playing within himself except for game 2.

I trust him to take corner threes, and that's it. He knows his role and I love that he's not afraid to take big shots.

Defense will be the key, though. We have the athletes to keep Miami out of transition, and we have the length to bother all of their best players. The rest comes down to effort and not fouling.

jman2050

Does anybody else think OKC has the advantage over Miami because they have similar styles but OKC does it better? I think trying to run with this team will produce the same affect it had for the Spurs: losses.

They do have an advantage, but Miami still has the best player on the court. He could always not show up of course, like last year, but that's the facts.

PBY

Banned
I was born in Miami, parents are Cuban. I don't mind the pots, it's a cultural thing, it's the total lack of understand when you do it that embarasses me. But this is Miami, front-running capital of the world.
Lol my rents are Cuban too, totally feel u on that.

They do have an advantage, but Miami still has the best player on the court. He could always not show up of course, like last year, but that's the facts.

I think Lebron won't go off in these games like he did against Boston. Durant's length will bother him more in my opinion.

idk why the Heat are so excited to win the ECF. they did it last year too. i can understand the Thunder players being happy since Perkins/Fisher are the only ones with experience. i just don't think the heat will be mentally sharp in game 1. boston wore them down and okc is going to run circles around them

Its not like they were just down 2-3 while everyone in the world counted them out. Nope. I wouldn't be happy either.

Anyway,

Kevin Durant in the WCF: 29.5 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 5.3 apg, 1.7 spg, 1.5 bpg, 53% FG, 91% FT

LeBron James in the ECF: 34 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 4.2 apg, 1.3 bpg, 1.2 spg, 54% FG

LBJ vs KD should be fucking epic.

Fitting that they worked out together in the Offseason

DJ88

Un-fucking-believable.

All the Celtics had to do was not get outscored by more than six points in the 2nd half, and they couldn't even do that.

Fuck those geriatric shitpiles. Then again, they were playing five on eight. Fuck Stern.

Haha ok man, it was Stern.

Feel bad for Allen, looks like he was crying earlier.

Lkr

I remember that.

We didn't even bother putting on those POS shirts and hats in 2010.

I think winning the conference finals on the road is an advantage since you have the small locker room interview and nothing stupid at center court

Go back and read the thread after game 5

I think there was a difference between what we were posting and what we were actually feeling. Boston never really felt in control in the series do to their collapse in game 2.

DMczaf

Thunder vs Heat?

96350482.jpg.19446_display_image.jpg

"Do you understand the meaning of the word Forbodden?"

Lkr

Not sure why you are ass hurt over this...

We don't celebrate conference championships in LA.

That isn't the peak for us.

We don't hang conference championship banners either.

Feel free to do all that in MIAMI doe.

not one, not two, not three, etc irrelevant jersey(s) hangs in staples center either

I think LeBron and Wade should have an easier time since OKC's defense is much worse than Boston's.

They'll have to defend more too, though. They can't play Rondo defense on Westbrook. And they'll have to defend Harden, not just chase Ray around (who stunk). And Durant >>> Pierce.

Of course, having Bosh back will make their offense look better by default. OKC had the 2nd best offense this season. Boston was in the 20s.

I think Brooks is going to have to play Collison more than Perkins, though. Who does Perkins even guard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom