• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznpxdd

so, am i the only one living in OC?
i dont mind giving a ride.
maybe we'll carpool afterwards too if you've got a pretty mouth.

i've been there before. im down with that spot

We should really get a headcount of who's down for the meet if its in Long Beach, on 6/7 at night.

I'm down.

I just find it ironic that Lebron and co. are complaining about Stephenson doing the choke sign when Bron Bron has done shit like this not too long ago.

158389_o.gif

I just find it ironic that Lebron and co. are complaining about Stephenson doing the choke sign when Bron Bron has done shit like this not too long ago.

158389_o.gif

How is this ironic? One is a dance, and the other is a deliberate taunt. Unless you're implying LeBron was using the form of a dance as a taunt, which we can all agree that LeBron probably isn't that bright.

C'mon we are talking about NBA players who can't even use correct grammar in 50% of their tweets. We are also talking about the same guy who thought just because he was donating money to charity that breaking his former team (the Cleveland Cavaliers) heart on national TV was a good idea. He was dancing because he heard some music and he was happy, he probably didn't even realize it was disrespectful.

Stephenson on the other hand knew exactly what he was doing.

giri

How is this ironic? One is a dance, and the other is a deliberate taunt. Unless you're implying LeBron was using the form of a dance as a taunt, which we can all agree that LeBron probably isn't that bright.

C'mon we are talking about NBA players who can't even use correct grammar in 50% of their tweets. We are also talking about the same guy who thought just because he was donating money to charity that breaking his former team (the Cleveland Cavaliers) heart on national TV was a good idea. He was dancing because he heard some music and he was happy, he probably didn't even realize it was disrespectful.

Whose troll account? I refuse to believe anyone is that dumb.

linsivvi

Reggie-Choke.jpg

This is ok, no scratch that, awesome in my book.

We don't want a league where everybody turns into Derrick Rose. The personality is part of what made 90s basketball superior.

Reggie-Choke.jpg

We don't want a league where everybody turns into Derrick Rose. The personality is part of what made 90s basketball superior.

Amen. The good ol days are gone. The pussification of the league is in full effect now.

giri

Reggie-Choke.jpg

Id agree. And it.was.the super stars that did it so stern couldn't suspend them.

Super stars are too busy texting and tweeting each other and sharing gawd awful fashion tips these days.

There isn't a single superstar rivalry in the league right now.

Super stars are too busy texting and tweeting each other and sharing gawd awful fashion tips these days.

There isn't a single superstar rivalry in the league right now.

We might get a Spurs/Celtics finals. You'd have Duncan going head to head against KG at some points. (If this happens, I pray to God Duncan destroys him)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

This has to be the most asinine thing I have ever read.. And some stupid things have been said here before...

Reggie-Choke.jpg

I agree, but it was Lance Stephenson, not a star..

How is that dancing not taunting? And nice thread title Reilo.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
to that dude's credit, a lot of nba players really are stupid and completely lack self-awareness.

Not that stupid.. A lot of pro level athletes don't have any real sense of the real world, but what they do know is how to trash talk and taunt..

I

Talking trash is ok in my book as long as you can back it up. The problem I have with the Pacers is that Stephenson is a scrub wife beater and Granger isn't even close to containing Lebron for him to be talking shit. Hibbert seems to be the only on eligible to talk shit but he's such a boy scout

Talking trash is ok in my book as long as you can back it up. The problem I have with the Pacers is that Stephenson is a scrub wife beater and Granger isn't even close to containing Lebron for him to be talking shit. Hibbert seems to be the only on eligible to talk shit but he's such a boy scout

He did scream "Get that Shit out of here!" When he stuffed a Miller (lol?) shot in Game 2 I think (maybe game 3).

It isn't obvious what the Pacers are trying to do? Just rewind to game 1. Pacers are basically trying to mimic the Mavs of last year and its failing hard. Remember all the shit marion/stevenson was talking to Lebron? Now replace him with Granger.

Heat are supposed to be the team where if you talk shit and get in their head, are just supposed to wilt up. Thing is its backfiring on them and you have scrubs like Pittmann being put on goon missions in garbage time.

Pacers are getting what they bargained for in my book. I just hope it stops with whatever the league decides to do today.

It isn't obvious what the Pacers are trying to do? Just rewind to game 1. Pacers are basically trying to mimic the Mavs of last year and its failing hard. Remember all the shit marion/stevenson was talking to Lebron? Now replace him with Granger.

Heat are supposed to be the team where if you talk shit and get in their head, are just supposed to wilt up. Thing is its backfiring on them and you have scrubs like Pittmann being put on goon missions in garbage time.

Pacers are getting what they bargained for in my book. I just hope it stops with whatever the league decides to do today.

Talking shit and getting in people's head is a lot different than trying to injure people and retaliating for hard fouls.

Talking shit and getting in people's head is a lot different than trying to injure people and retaliating for hard fouls.

You can't keep running up in peoples face's and talking shit like you want to fight. Nobody is going to keep taking that shit.

Hansborough's foul wasn't dirty though. It was a flagrant yeah but he only hit him going for the ball.

Giving the circumstances it didn't necessarily have to be dirty. Even West said he thought Haslem's foul was fair game.

Pretty much. They're trying to do everything the Mavs did, it's actually kind of said. Pass like the Mavs! Talk trash like the Mavs! We're tough guys, we aren't backing down!

The only guy who does tough shit on that team and is real is David West

Derrick01

Banned

158389_o.gif

Yeah this pissed me off more than a choke sign does. Dancing on the side is just blatant disrespect and he's basically just dismissing the opponent. We would have definitely had a problem if I was on the other team and I wish my Bulls had some balls and retaliated for that. I think Noah had some words for him but words are for this soft ass league, body check his ass into the table Horry-style.

Owzers

You can't keep running up in peoples face's and talking shit like you want to fight. Nobody is going to keep taking that shit.

Giving the circumstances it didn't necessarily have to be dirty. Even West said he thought Haslem's foul was fair game.

YOu do remember that the last time Granger got up in Lebron's face it was because he threw an ELBOW at granger after he pulled his jersey to stop a fast break. An Elbow. You're justifying thuggery as a response to slight physical play and confrontation, when the Heat were celebrating in front of the Mavs bench in the finals, the response wasn't to send in bench players to try to hurt the Heat, it was to WIN THE GAME. That's the response needed to taunting/getting in someone's face, not throwing an elbow and winning. That's just pathetic.

Heat didn't come to the defense of Lebron and Wade, they came to their defense of their EGOS because winning a game doesn't do it for them.

demigod

Yeah this pissed me off more than a choke sign does. Dancing on the side is just blatant disrespect and he's basically just dismissing the opponent. We would have definitely had a problem if I was on the other team and I wish my Bulls had some balls and retaliated for that. I think Noah had some words for him but words are for this soft ass league, body check his ass into the table Horry-style.

Wow what a douche, I thought that dance was pregame back then when I saw it. Well not surprised by Lebron though, he would always have this bigass smile with his teammates in the playoffs when he blows out the other team, and then run off crying after exiting the playoff loss.

Just saw that Hansbrough foul, I guess it was fair for a flagrant 1 but the replay that I saw looked like he smacked him in the back of the head and not the face. Saw that Haslem foul when he retaliated too, he SHOULD have been ejected. That was a hard foul to the face that was intentional. Can't believe he said it wasn't intentional.

YOu do remember that the last time Granger got up in Lebron's face it was because he threw an ELBOW at granger after he pulled his jersey to stop a fast break. An Elbow. You're justifying thuggery as a response to slight physical play and confrontation, when the Heat were celebrating in front of the Mavs bench in the finals, the response wasn't to send in bench players to try to hurt the Heat, it was to WIN THE GAME. That's the response needed to taunting/getting in someone's face, not throwing an elbow and winning. That's just pathetic.

Heat didn't come to the defense of Lebron and Wade, they came to their defense of their EGOS because winning a game doesn't do it for them.

You can say whatever you want about what the proper response would have been but the NBA has had shit going on like this for years. Pacers shouldn't have tried to go down the route they did but they did and you get what you pay for.

3rdman

No but they weren't intentional.

Wow...Ok.

Look again at Hansbrough's hit on Wade. After missing the ball, he follows though with cupped hands and after hitting Wade in the face, he scrapes back so forcefully, he hits his own man. Let's not forget that Haslem was elbowed in the face and got stitches for his trouble, Granger has been openly trying to provoke Wade or LeBron..."accidentally" or not, Hansbrough escalated the problem.

I'm sorry but the Pacers have been the aggressor in this series and just cause it took 5 games for the anger to bubble to the surface, you can't suddenly take the high ground and claim thuggery on the team that retaliates.

TRios Zen

Apparently, I missed a lot in last night's game. Kept checking the score but it seemed like a blow-out so I never actually sat down to watch it. Mad mortal kombat shit going on it sounds like.

Are there suspensions expected to be handed out for Game 6?

Apparently, I missed a lot in last night's game. Kept checking the score but it seemed like a blow-out so I never actually sat down to watch it. Mad mortal kombat shit going on it sounds like.

Pittman is the only guaranteed one.

3rdman

My un-educated guess would be that both Hansbrough and Haslem get escalated to Flagrant-2 and are both fined for their play. Pittman will be suspended for 5 games (a guess).

demigod

Wow...Ok.

Look again at Hansbrough's hit on Wade. After missing the ball, he follows though with cupped hands and after hitting Wade in the face, he scrapes back so forcefully, he hits his own man. Let's not forget that Haslem was elbowed in the face and got stitches for his trouble, Granger has been openly trying to provoke Wade or LeBron..."accidentally" or not, Hansbrough escalated the problem.

I'm sorry but the Pacers have been the aggressor in this series and just cause it took 5 games for the anger to bubble to the surface, you can't suddenly take the high ground and claim thuggery on the team that retaliates.

So you completely missed Lebron trying to elbow him in game 3? Thank God Granger has the balls to step up for himself.

No, because the Heat would lose without Haslem.

So you completely missed Lebron trying to elbow him in game 3? Thank God Granger has the balls to step up for himself.

Nobody is saying that the Heat are playing 100% clean. Just that its back and forth. You all are acting like the Heat are just bullying the Pacers or some shit.

3rdman

Granger wasn't letting go of the jersey even after the whistle blew...LeBron raised his elbow to be sure but again it was in retaliation to what is a clear agenda from them to be the aggressor.

Hell, last night, after the game, Larry Bird called his team S.O.F.T.!!! How do you suppose that will translate in their heads in game 6?

No, because the Heat would lose without Haslem.

LOL U REALLY MAD.

Granger wasn't letting go of the jersey even after the whistle blew...LeBron raised his elbow to be sure but again it was in retaliation to what is a clear agenda from them to be the aggressor.

Hell, last night, after the game, Larry Bird called his team S.O.F.T.!!! How do you suppose that will translate in their heads in game 6?

Its gonna be ugly. :/

But fuck it we made the bed whatever happens, happens.

TRios Zen

lol no, because the Heat will lose to either OKC or Spurs. Hell I don't think they can even beat Celtics without Bosh.

I think Celtics vs Heat would be the most competitive ECF possible this year. I agree the winner would be underdog vs Spurs/OKC though.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's

Dancing was just pure mockery of the sport and competitive spirit. It's like "Hey! This game doesn't mean shit to me! Let me dance on the sidelines!"

The choke taunt is trash talk and directly correlated to the game. That's okay in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom