• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

It'll be shocking if he doesn't. He may not win them with Wade, but if he can take the Cavs to the Finals, he can go with anyone. It doesn't matter, that's how good he is.

If Bron goes to five more finals...wins back to back and then wins 3 back to back to back...that'd be near impossible.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
mFIFQfM.png

rCs6Sd7.png

reilo

Jordan never faced such fierce competition as Jason Terry doe.

MVP

Banned
At 22 as an NBA rookie?

Doesn't matter, in his 4th year in the NBA he was in the Finals with NO help. In MJ's 4th year, he lost in the 2nd round after FINALLY making it out of the 1st round. Greatest ever or Tracy McGrady? LOL

reilo

Yeah you're right, Lebron never faced such grueling opposition as Larry Nance and Craig Ehlo.

... did you just mention two players Jordan never lost to? What are you arguing?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Doesn't matter, in his 4th year in the NBA he was in the Finals with NO help. In MJ's 4th year, he lost in the 2nd round after FINALLY making it out of the 1st round. Greatest ever or Tracy McGrady? LOL

Dude

Lebron faced that year

A shitty pistons team
The Wizards
and the Nets!

Jordan at 22 had to deal with Isiah and Bird....correction the '86 Celtics. 2nd best team of all time IMO.

MVP

Banned
If Bron goes to five more finals...wins back to back and then wins 3 back to back to back...that'd be near impossible.

Give him the greatest small forward of all time, the greatest rebounder of all time, the greatest coach of all time, and solid outside shooting and it's nowhere near impossible. It'd be damn near probable. Lebron with MJ's squad would violate some type of competition treaty and the NBA would break the team up. It imply wouldn't be fair.

reilo

All the help Lebron needed was a Finals MVP, a multi-all-star power forward, a future Hall of Famer and best three-point shooter of all time, and one of the best small-forward defenders of his era to win a championship. That's it. That's like, no help at all.

Give him the greatest small forward of all time, the greatest rebounder of all time, the greatest coach of all time, and solid outside shooting and it's nowhere near impossible. It'd be damn near probable. Lebron with MJ's squad would violate some type of competition treaty and the NBA would break the team up. It imply wouldn't be fair.

In the 90s? Maybe. But replacing the greatest 2 guard with a great SF isn't the smartest move.

Doc Holliday

No one considered Pippen, Grant, Bj Armstrong, pAxon, Hodges and Cartqright all time greats before they won their first chip. I remember all the shit Pippen got for replacing Isiah in the 92 dream team.

MVP

Banned
... did you just mention two players Jordan never lost to? What are you arguing?

That you just picked a single player off a team that he lost to, acting like Dirk wasn't on that team.

That's like me saying "Oh that's right, Lebron never had to face the legend Mark Aguirre"

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

He has one of the greatest basketball minds of all time

A sure fire HoF SG
A great PF
And some of the best outside shooters in the NBA...

So yeah

reilo

That you just picked a single player off a team that he lost to, acting like Dirk wasn't on that team.

That's like me saying "Oh that's right, Lebron never had to face the legend Mark Aguirre"

All I did was picking a bench player that was better than Lebron in the Finals while playing 10MPG less. Let me know if you can find a time when Craig Ehlo outplayed Jordan in the playoffs.

Doc Holliday

Big difference Terry was the second best player on that dallas team. Aguirre was was like 5th best player on the pistons?

Isiah
Dumars
Johnson
Rodman
Lambeer - Fuck this asshole

MVP

Banned
He has one of the greatest basketball minds of all time

A sure fire HoF SG
A great PF
And some of the best outside shooters in the NBA...

So yeah

Ok, so let's say both of these guys have great surroundings, and Lebron is ahead of MJ's pace as far as accomplishments, why is it so set in stone that MJ is better? Are we going just by accomplishments, or do people really just think Michael Jordan is a better basketball player outright?

Blackace

Ok, so let's say both of these guys have great surroundings, and Lebron is ahead of MJ's pace as far as accomplishments, why is it so set in stone that MJ is better? Are we going just by accomplishments, or do people really just think Michael Jordan is a better basketball player outright?

I think MJ was a better player of the sport
And played against better players...

Doc Holliday

I think most people have seen both play. Lebron has done some dumb shit to lose games than MJ never did.

Lebron has disappeared in games
Lebron cost his teams some huge games with dumb mistakes

Nelo Ice

Banned
Apparently even when I don't post I still get love thanks Kad and Redblaster. You can keep posting about me since I know you guys dearly miss my presence.
Also this is the only time I'll address this seeing as how it's a colossal waste of everyone's time even though I do appreciate posts directed at me!.

I wanna hop step into this MJ, lebron discussion. But wouldn't the 1991 Lakers that the Bulls beat in the Finals be considered better than 99% of teams in the NBA today. You had Magic Johnson, Vlade Divac, AC Green and James Worthy. That team was loaded with guys who shoot 19-20 ppg and they lost 4-1 to the Bulls in the finals. You can't really compare the Thunder or Spurs to that team.

I'm not even gonna mention Isaih Thomas' Pistons that the Bulls had to overcome to reach the Finals. To say MJ had no competition in the early 90's is a joke.

Doc Holliday

I wanna hop step into this MJ, lebron discussion. But wouldn't the 1991 Lakers that the Bulls beat in the Finals be considered better than 99% of teams in the NBA today. You had Magic Johnson, Vlade Divac, AC Green and James Worthy. That team was loaded with guys who shoot 19-20 ppg and they lost 4-1 to the Bulls in the finals. You can't really compare the Thunder or Spurs to that team.

I'm not even gonna mention Isaih Thomas' Pistons that the Bulls had to overcome to reach the Finals. To say MJ had no competition in the early 90's is a joke.

That was a while back but i think they had a few injuries that year. They were good enough to reach the finals though. After some research they destroyed the west on the way to the finals!

Lost NBA Finals (4-1) versus Chicago Bulls
Won NBA Western Conference Finals (4-2) versus Portland Trail Blazers
Won NBA Western Conference Semifinals (4-1) versus Golden State Warriors
Won NBA Western Conference First Round (3-0) versus Houston Rockets

Blackace

That was a while back but i think they had a few injuries that year. They were good enough to reach the finals though. After some research they destroyed the west on the way to the finals!

Lost NBA Finals (4-1) versus Chicago Bulls
Won NBA Western Conference Finals (4-2) versus Portland Trail Blazers
Won NBA Western Conference Semifinals (4-1) versus Golden State Warriors
Won NBA Western Conference First Round (3-0) versus Houston Rockets

They were heavy favorites too

Funny is every team they beat had at least 1 HoFer

It's always fun looking at salaries doing old research. Seeing all-stars and hof players earn $2.5 mil a year. Which is still great money, just considered money for a spare in the NBA these days.

edit: this is the early 90's too

Blackace

It's always fun looking at salaries doing old research. Seeing all-stars and hof players earn $2.5 mil a year. Which is still great money, just considered money for a spare in the NBA these days.

edit: this is the early 90's too
Then KG

MVP

Banned
I think most people have seen both play. Lebron has done some dumb shit to lose games than MJ never did.

Lebron has disappeared in games
Lebron cost his teams some huge games with dumb mistakes

Actually MJ lost the Bulls plenty of games, and stunk up the joint a bunch of times, but he (like Kobe) used to fix that by just jacking up more shots. Lebron on the other hand can sense when he's having an off-night, and will distribute the ball more. Lebron wants to win no matter what, MJ wanted to win but wanted to be the only reason why. Actually the more I think of MJ the more I despise him and think he's a piece of shit.

It's staggering to see much KG has earned over his career. I don't think anyone is gonna top his #1 spot for a while either. Kobe would have to get insane new contract to even get close.

All the help Lebron needed was a Finals MVP, a multi-all-star power forward, a future Hall of Famer and best three-point shooter of all time, and one of the best small-forward defenders of his era to win a championship. That's it. That's like, no help at all.

stop telling us that wade sucks and then referring to him as a finals MVP

but of course when it's convenient for you to use you will

Lazy is a better descriptor. I nearly regret the $20 I spent. Noway should anyone spend $60.

I agree

Stern really needs to look into these German knee procedures Kobe is getting. I think a season long suspension will send the message quite nicely. Do it, David.

Blackace

Actually MJ lost the Bulls plenty of games, and stunk up the joint a bunch of times, but he (like Kobe) used to fix that by just jacking up more shots. Lebron on the other hand can sense when he's having an off-night, and will distribute the ball more. Lebron wants to win no matter what, MJ wanted to win but wanted to be the only reason why. Actually the more I think of MJ the more I despise him and think he's a piece of shit.
rofl
It's staggering to see much KG has earned over his career. I don't think anyone is gonna top his #1 spot for a while either. Kobe would have to get insane new contract to even get close.

Salaries are fixd now, thanks to KG

Pimpwerx

The argument is very valid (and also derived from a post on RealGM). Who was Jordan's competition during his title runs?

John Starks? Reggie Miller? Clyde Drexler? Nick Anderson? Penny Hardaway? Sick Magic?

His team made it to the 2nd round without him, so he wasn't exactly playing with a bunch of scrubs. Meanwhile, he lost in the 1st round multiple times, something Lebron never did. He also never dragged a bag of scrubs to the Finals, something Lebron managed to do.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the public that Jordan beat great teams. His two most-iconic shots were over Craig Elo and Byron Russell. Yeah.... I get the feeling that with all this Jordan idol-worship, he could rub his dick all over your faces and you'd beg him for seconds.

You can call me a Lebron mark or whatever, but I just maintain that sports and athletes get better with time. In 20 years, I'll be called a stan for whatever great player is playing then, and I'll have to raise this same point with Lebron fanatics who refuse to let go of the past. Jordan was the GOAT. Was. His reign is just about up. PEACE.

Omega

Banned
just saying. find it hilarious someone arguing how LeBron made it to the finals at 22 and jordan didn't as if it means something.

because you know, the Celtics and Pistons of the 80s compare to the shitty ass Leastern Conference teams Bron went up against.

Top Bottom