• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Spurs-coming-back-for-another-title.jpg

Top free agents of 2014. ♫ Just hold on we're keeping Bron. ♩

2014 NBA Draft board; June 26th live on ESPN, Barclays Center. (HoopsHype draftee rankings.)
Vpu6lBU.png

QYRSeqy.png

APArJk8.png

6LpgtLX.png

Basketball winter is coming...
3TDLk.gif

Fjordson

Shit hurts, brah.. But still not as painful as 2011.
6uHFm.png

And also, other than the Heat, I see no teams making changes drastic enough this offseason to beat the Spurs.
Except for Kerr to the Warriors you mean. He's a sleeping giant, breh. Popovich, Auerbach and Phil Jackson all rolled into one. Once we get Kevin Love our big three will destroy the league. Believe!

Except for Kerr to the Warriors you mean. He's a sleeping giant, breh. Popovich, Auerbach and Phil Jackson all rolled into one. Once we get Kevin Love our big three will destroy the league. Believe!

That's mighty big talk for someone that's never coached an NBA team in his career.
You'll be begging for Mark Jackson back before the all star break.

edit: Does Steve Kerr have any coaching experience at all outside of his career playing and broadcast analysis? I can't find anything.

My free agent wish list. Young and cheap bench players that can help the big 3

Shaun Livingston
Jodie Meeks
Jordan Hill
Emeka Okafor
DJ Augustin
Lil Nate

Chalmers, Birdman, Beasley, and Ray Allen are probably gone. Battier is retiring.

All of this goes out the window though if Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all opt out to help get Melo/go elsewhere

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I want the knicks to keep Melo.... but if he goes I want them to rape the team he goes to in the Sign and Trade.......

Also Darren Collison for the MMLE

Maybe trade Chandler for a decent first rounder

Fjordson

That's mighty big talk for someone that's never coached an NBA team in his career.
You'll be begging for Mark Jackson back before the all star break.

edit: Does Steve Kerr have any coaching experience at all outside of his career playing and broadcast analysis? I can't find anything.
:lol I'm trolling, no need to rub it in my face =[

Kerr has never done shit except for an okay stint as the GM in Phoenix. And we gave him 5 mill a year. He could be good, though...

giphy.gif

Kerr gonna take us to the top
of next year's draft...jk

I honestly don't know what to make of this hire. Dude is a hall of fame networker. Played pro ball with Jordan and Timmay. Played for Phil and Pop. Played golf with Lacob...Get to coach the W's...

Fjordson

Kerr gonna take us to the top
of next year's draft...jk

I honestly don't know what to make of this hire. Dude is a hall of fame networker. Played pro ball with Jordan and Timmay. Played for Phil and Pop. Played golf with Lacob...Get to coach the W's...
I'm torn also, he could be good for all I know.

I'm not sure why I'm feeling down even though we had a solid year. I should be more positive. Guess it's just a bummer to feel like we're still so far way. Most wins in over 20 years and yet we still get bounced in the first round. The West is too real.

When's the draft?
June 26th ESPN at Barclays Center

My free agent wish list. Young and cheap bench players that can help the big 3

Shaun Livingston
Jodie Meeks
Jordan Hill
Emeka Okafor
DJ Augustin
Lil Nate

Chalmers, Birdman, Beasley, and Ray Allen are probably gone. Battier is retiring.

All of this goes out the window though if Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all opt out to help get Melo/go elsewhere

MY list, any of the 3 im good with it. Assuming big 3 takes a pay cut (say each will get $13-15 mil per year).

Lance Stephenson
Melo
Kyle Lowry
Trevor Ariza
Avery Bradley
Thabo Sefolosha
Nick Young

I also want Mike Miller back and Ray back.

If Wade wants to end his career getting L's then he will take the money this season and also the next. Can't blame him if he does that either, felt like he deserved it. Sam goes to Bosh and Bron. They pretty much have no choice but to take a pay cut if they want to stay intact and winning. The cap is just around $70+ mil I think, and the big 3 will eat around 90% of the cap if they all exercised their player option for the next season. How the heck can you build a championship contender with only $7 million left to fill up the rest of the roster.

My thread title (David Stern ain't walking through that door) was so much better than this one. Screw you, Unobtainium. Avatar is so overrated.

Even though I know it won't happen, I'm hoping Orlando and then Utah and Boston pass on Dante Exum. Earlier in the year people were speculating that he'd refuse to work out for them, forcing his way to the Lakers, but it looks like that's not happening :/

We'll probably end up with Marcus Smart, a PG with mediocre passing skill and no outside shot.

My thread title (David Stern ain't walking through that door) was so much better than this one. Screw you, Unobtainium. Avatar is so overrated.

Even though I know it won't happen, I'm hoping Orlando and then Utah and Boston pass on Dante Exum. Earlier in the year people were speculating that he'd refuse to work out for them, forcing his way to the Lakers, but it looks like that's not happening :/

We'll probably end up with Marcus Smart, a PG with mediocre passing skill and no outside shot.

You should have told me in advance brah. I have already did those things with ms paint and stuff lol. And I also got plans on the things to add in the future. And yeah, that is a great title hehe.

I like Smart, he can improve on the things you said but I'm high on his intangibles. A great leader, and from few games i've seen him play he was clutch. He will thrive on a market like LA.

You should have told me in advance brah. I have already did those things with ms paint and stuff lol.

Yeah, I actually didn't know you had called the OT in advance. I'm just playing, not really salty. If we get to OT2 maybe we can use my thread title.

I agree with you on Marcus Smart's long-term potential, but man I wish the Lakers had gotten the 4th pick, because Exum looks a lot more NBA ready.

My ideal scenario was:

Kobe comes back and doesn't suck
Draft Exum
Sign Kevin Love outright in 2015

Hopefully #3 can still happen. I'm really hoping he doesn't sign an extension with the Wolves or get traded to another team and sign an extension with them. If we can make some good moves in the next year, the Lakers would be the ideal destination for that Bruin alum.

J2 Cool

Would love to see Kobe or Rose return somewhat to form next year. Not getting my hopes up but it would really make next year if that happened. Of course a healthy Kobe doesn't make a damn bit of difference for the Lakers chances, contrast to Rose. Also want to see Mirotic finally come over but already sounds like another year away..

As far as offseason moves, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Miami disbands. Something about the whole thing always seemed like signing up for a party and their early giddiness just to throw some alley oops in-game has given way to the grind. Not to mention getting to the top again just doesn't seem that rewarding, didn't look like they wanted it when they were just a couple W's away. I just don't know what interests a player after this team up and once the party starts winding down. Half the value of a player's career is that slow building up year by year until you and your guys can make it to the top of the mountain. When you get there as fast as the 08 Celtics or the Heat, it's just left to wonder where you go next.

If they stay, Wade has to give it up that he's a superstar, take less and let them build Lebron's team. But who in their right mind does that when they're in "make all the money I can make before it ends" mode. If there's that refusal, Lebron has to make a decision based on that and it would naturally lead to resentment of Wade if he's hurting quality of the team or Lebron's taking less to balance it or whatever.

As far as Cleveland or elsewhere, you never want to start over this late in your career or go backward. I just can't think of a fun way this goes for Lebron, other than a bench overhaul, injecting some youth and guys who have never been there to keep hungry. Even if you have to send out some old proven guys roll the dice..

I'm torn also, he could be good for all I know.

I'm not sure why I'm feeling down even though we had a solid year. I should be more positive. Guess it's just a bummer to feel like we're still so far way. Most wins in over 20 years and yet we still get bounced in the first round. The West is too real.

Probably because the team was so inconsistent this year. The offense underachieved for the most part and we consistently dropped winnable games all year long (was just maddening to watch at times). That and Bogut being unavailable for the playoffs despite having a healthy regular season really hurt too.

Bowser

My Hornets offseason wishlist:

1) LeBron opts out and signs with CLT
2) MJ trades 9/24/Hendo/Zeller for K. Love

Kemba/LBJ/MKG/Love/Big Al = Championship

J2 Cool

So which is more fitting: Melo on the Bulls or Rockets?

Bulls simply because Harden/Melo would be redundant. He's more likely to make a bigger splash on the Bulls. That said give me Love any day for Bulls. Melo will never fit anywhere again until his late career as a spot up shooter/6th man.

Bulls simply because Harden/Melo would be redundant. He's more likely to make a bigger splash on the Bulls. That said give me Love any day for Bulls. Melo will never fit anywhere again until his late career as a spot up shooter/6th man.

I can see that, Love would be an excellent fit for the bulls.

Melo x Love x Rondo x Pau
Its time D:

Lance going to LA, born ready x swaggy P

Good lord, lance and young. I can only imagine.

TRios Zen

Kevin Love to stay in Minn this year, next year to Spurs?

Never happening, but I'm okay with keeping our 50+ win seasons just going, you know, forever.

Sandfox

I'm hoping the Lakers have a good offseason, but I won't know which free agents I would like them to go after until the draft passes.

Tom Penny

I don't see how anyone tops this years 6 17 then Clipper and Philly 1st rounders and Sully Olnyk. I don't want to give up a Nets pick though :( They fleeced that dirty Russian.

Bread

Banned
I don't see how anyone tops this years 6 17 then Clipper and Philly 1st rounders and Sully Olnyk. I don't want to give up a Nets pick though :( They fleeced that dirty Russian.
I'd hate to give up sully and olynyk, can't we keep KO? That's plenty of return for Love.

jey_16

Banned

Can the bulls get Melo and Love without giving up to much? Rose/Noah/Melo/Love combination would be insane

Also, I can't see any of the big 3 opting out just for more money. Surely they already have millions stashed away plus endorsements to make up for a lower salary?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Can the bulls get Melo and Love without giving up to much? Rose/Noah/Melo/Love combination would be insane

Also, I can't see any of the big 3 opting out just for more money. Surely they already have millions stashed away plus endorsements to make up for a lower salary?

No. They would have to gut the roster likely just to get 1, I can't see how they hope to get both.

Chaser

Long-time lurker (and Suns fan), going to make an effort to post more this season.

As for the Suns, I think Love is a perfect fit here. Stretches the floor and addresses our lack of rebounding in a big way. Not sure there's much I'd want to realistically give up for him though, aside from the draft picks (unless the Wolves really like the Morrii twins).

Top Bottom