• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-2017 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| Villanova has no fans so this is their thread

clav

I can see why OSU lost yesterday.

Rutgers actually has some decent players.

They're going to be decent next season.

BF vs EA. Who will win? GAF.

Hopefully Springs is ok. I'd sit him until the NCAAs if it's just a tweak. Hopefully he can return as he's a senior. Would be a horrible way to end his playing career. Streaky shooter who will be missed if he can't go.

If Michigan's point guard loses the ball on a drive and pretends to be fouled for the third straight game there will be repercussions in photo form.

Hopefully Springs is ok. I'd sit him until the NCAAs if it's just a tweak. Hopefully he can return as he's a senior. Would be a horrible way to end his playing career. Streaky shooter who will be missed if he can't go.

If Michigan's point guard loses the ball on a drive and pretends to be fouled for the third straight game there will be repercussions in photo form.

Going without Springs would be especially tough with how shallow the bench is. Hope he's at least back by next week.

UCF destroyed Memphis earlier today by 30 points.

So Tubby is still doing his, "the season is over after January," thing?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

No need to post any proof. I'll fully admit that we are a team of floppers. Always have been under Beilein.

Fjordson

I don't like Randolph being banned for March Madness, feels wrong. Anyone know if it's a perma?

Anyway, UK actually looks decent lately. Don't want to get my hopes up too much for the tourney, but I like this current win streak.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Looking pretty gassed. UNC gonna run us out of the gym next half.

Rest up for the tourney, fellas.

And Pitino is saying Springs may have a torn ACL...

Ugh, hate to see his season end like that and we're really gonna need him too. Damn.

Time for Hurt(Or is it Hurd?), ironically, to get more playing time. Havent seen much of value from him. Gilbert I think will get more time. A better value. Big body small forward but turnover prone. Like Hurt, didnt play much in the BT season.

Less Konate. Konate usually makes 1 play a game. Today he did squat. I love Pitino yanking players after they fuck up. Sit on the bench and think about it.

Gophers arent done but McBrayer is gonna have to bring his A game every game.

Akeem Springs says his season and collegiate career is over. Will be interesting to see how they do without him on the court.

Proelite

Looking pretty gassed. UNC gonna run us out of the gym next half.

Rest up for the tourney, fellas.

Gassed? More like playing unnecessary minutes for Giles and Golden, and no defense so they can save legs for the final 10 min.

It'll be a close game in the end. Ask any UNC fan.

If it's not then UNC wins both titles and we lose first weekend.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Gassed? More like playing unnecessary minutes for Giles and Golden, and no defense so they can save legs for the final 10 min.

The only reason this is still within single digits is because we're draining 3s.

Proelite

Too pro.

The only reason this is still within single digits is because we're draining 3s.

No other way to beat UNC with our team.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather see Vrank if Amile is out. Giles not going to be able to keep up.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I take my comment about Giles back. Slap that floor.

Harry Giles had 6 points, 7 boards, 4 blocks, and a steal in only 15 minutes against Carolina.

Unless Harry's people/Nike have worked some sort of deal with K to limit his minutes (which is honestly pretty possible), it's time to let him go.

Good things happen when he's on the court

Rainy

Banned
Lonzo not playing too hot.

Anyway I'm a UC Irvine alum, glad to see us in the final of the Big West tournament. Hopefully we win tomorrow.

Time for Hurt(Or is it Hurd?), ironically, to get more playing time. Havent seen much of value from him. Gilbert I think will get more time. A better value. Big body small forward but turnover prone. Like Hurt, didnt play much in the BT season.

Less Konate. Konate usually makes 1 play a game. Today he did squat. I love Pitino yanking players after they fuck up. Sit on the bench and think about it.

Gophers arent done but McBrayer is gonna have to bring his A game every game.

Akeem Springs says his season and collegiate career is over. Will be interesting to see how they do without him on the court.

Not done, but it's gonna be real tough to replace Springs' defense. There's a reason Gilbert and Hurt haven't been playing.

If they're forced to play Konate they'll be pretty much done though. Him and Curry being in together killed them against Wisconsin, Lynch must absolutely avoid foul trouble.

Proelite

Can Duke and UNC still be considered a great rivalry when Duke has won 13 of the last 18?

EDIT: And 29 of the last 44

Stuff like this swings drastic. UNC can win 6 of next 8 if we draft a bad class.

Wow. Semis.

I guess win is karma for some people booing at Julia Louis-Dreyfus earlier in the game.

I hope NW wins the B10 title. ;)

Given two choice, which would you rather pick.

1. Guaranteed final four this year.
2. Guaranteed NCAA tournament appearances for the next 8 years .

clav

I hope NW wins the B10 title. ;)

Given two choice, which would you rather pick.

1. Guaranteed final four this year.
2. Guaranteed NCAA tournament appearances for the next 8 years .

Wisconsin is a decent team, so even if Northwestern loses today, team flies back to Evanston to enjoy Sunday at Welsh-Ryan before school tears it down for renovation.

Later option. Makes recruiting a lot easier.

Proelite

Before I started watching this UK-Bama game

Bama 17
UK 10

UK (-7)

Since I've been watching this UK game

UK 41
Bama 27

UK (+14)

You're welcome BBN

Sounds like you shouldn't be watching any games then base on your track record. That been said, I never feel Schadenfreude for Kentucky teams like I for UNC, even though though Kentucky is supposedly enemy number 2.

Sounds like you shouldn't be watching any games then base on your track record. That been said, I never feel Schadenfreude for Kentucky teams like I for UNC, even though though Kentucky is supposedly enemy number 2.

But since my post it's UK (-6). Maybe my powers were overstated.

I definitely think that UK fans have more disdain for Duke than Duke fans have for UK. Largely because of...that whole business in 1992.

The Turtles and Connecticut (while largely irrelevant, have a terrible habit of popping up and stealing national championships away) are ahead of Kentucky on my shitlist.

Speaking of the Turtles, Lunardi's latest bracket has Maryland as the 7 with Duke as the 2 in the East region. We could play the Traitors in the second round!

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
But since my post it's UK (-6). Maybe my powers were overstated.

I definitely think that UK fans have more disdain for Duke than Duke fans have for UK. Largely because of...that whole business in 1992.

The Turtles and Connecticut (while largely irrelevant, have a terrible habit of popping up and stealing national championships away) are ahead of Kentucky on my shitlist.

Speaking of the Turtles, Lunardi's latest bracket has Maryland as the 7 with Duke as the 2 in the East region. We could play the Traitors in the second round!

Turtles fell off my shitlist after they left the ACC. I could not care less about them these days. Yes that even includes them taking in Sheed.

Calipari has definitely reinvigorated feelings about UK, but UNC still trumps all, with UConn considerably below, UK even further down, and then no one else, really.

Leaping ahead of UConn again in 2015 helped ease a lot of annoyance, I think. Not sure anything will fix '99 and '04.

A big "what if" is if UK had beaten Wisconsin. Regardless of who won that matchup.

Great fight Gophers. Especially since you guys were down a starter and had almost no time to adjust.

Now go Wildcats.

Good game. Curry missed too many easy ones and Walton was solid from 3 and the charity stripe.

I think Wisconsin has turned a corner and are back to being good. Think they're gonna win and do some damage in the NCAAs.

Gophers should probably get a 5 seed, maybe a 6 at worst.

Still have no idea how Lynch didnt make a BT team. Dude has been an offensive jugernaut all year and the league's best defender.

EA bracketology

5s
Purdue
Minnesota
Wisconsin

Michigan

Maryland
NW

Mich St.

Play in
Iowa

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
https://twitter.com/sethdavishoops/status/840664189379235840

Seth Davis‏ @SethDavisHoops
Trying to read between lines of Dan Gavitt's answers on our set. I believe the fourth No. 1 seed will be Duke or the Pac 12 champ. UNC's a 2

Hahahahaha...hahahahahah...

If this happens. Can. You. Imagine. The. Salt.

In a blind resume comparison, we actually hold up pretty well against other teams in the running for 2 seeds tho. Especially against UNC, who by resume really has no business being a 1-seed like they were projected earlier and in some circles still are.

Fjordson

Before I started watching this UK-Bama game

Bama 17
UK 10

UK (-7)

Since I've been watching this UK-Bama game

UK 41
Bama 27

UK (+14)

You're welcome BBN
Thank you breh.

Same man. I'm supposed to hate Duke, but I was 2 when Laettner hit that shot. I don't really care.

Good game. Curry missed too many easy ones and Walton was solid from 3 and the charity stripe.

I think Wisconsin has turned a corner and are back to being good. Think they're gonna win and do some damage in the NCAAs.

Gophers should probably get a 5 seed, maybe a 6 at worst.

Still have no idea how Lynch didnt make a BT team. Dude has been an offensive jugernaut all year and the league's best defender.

EA bracketology

5s
Purdue
Minnesota
Wisconsin

Michigan

Maryland
NW

Mich St.

Play in
Iowa

Iowa isn't getting in after that Indiana loss. Don't know what EA is, but almost eveyone else has them out.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Fucking Northwestern couldn't even put up enough of a fight to keep Wiscy's starters on the floor the whole game.

I think our magic runs out tomorrow.

Top Bottom