• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-2017 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| Villanova has no fans so this is their thread

thefro

Good draw for Michigan being relatively close in Indy (although that'll be a tough ticket with Kentucky/Louisville there). Think they can give Louisville some problems.

NOTSportsCenter @NOTSportsCenter
Midwest Region:

1 Kansas
16 Got

8 A
9 Nice

4 And
13 Easy

5 Walk
12 To

3 The
14 Final

6 Four
11 They

7 Better
10 Not

2 Blow
15 It

clav

Honestly good on them. But fuck them at the same time.

Maybe for the better.

Dating scene wasn't good there when I was there. Most ladies I met thought the guys suck. Don't know if that mentality has changed.

A lot of LDRs with some flying to meet on weekends.

Gay dating scene was considered OK.

LionPride

Banned
Maybe for the better.

Dating scene wasn't good there when I was there. Most ladies I met thought the guys suck. Don't know if that mentality has changed.

A lot of LDRs with some flying to meet on weekends.

Gay dating scene was considered OK.
I just wanted to be close to Chicago, I applied to UChicago too, but I loved NW's campus. And the women there were cute too. Alas, I may end up at Duke, Vandy, Wake, Rice, or an assortment of other schools.

clav

I just wanted to be close to Chicago, I applied to UChicago too, but I loved NW's campus. And the women there were cute too. Alas, I may end up at Duke, Vandy, Wake, Rice, or an assortment of other schools.

Did you go on the campus tour or did you walk by yourself?

clav

Campus tour. Visited UChicago and Northwestern. Fell in love with Northwestern after the tour. But alas, was not meant to be. I swear to God if I end up at Duke I don't know how I will support them fuckers.

Man, as seniors, there was a growing number of students who wanted to participate in the tour for fun and ask some questions to troll guides.

They only show like 1/4 of the campus, so you don't really get a great feeling of where everything is.

That said, I've heard a lot has changed. A new music building + lots of rennovations. If you're in arts/humanities, tour covers everything.

If you're in engineering + sciences, it covers nothing.

LionPride

Banned
Man, as seniors, there was a growing number of students who wanted to participate in the tour for fun and ask some questions to troll guides.

They only show like 1/4 of the campus, so you don't really get a great feeling of where everything is.

That said, I've heard a lot has changed. A new music building + lots of rennovations. If you're in arts/humanities, tour covers everything.

If you're in engineering + sciences, it covers nothing.
Tour kinda covered stuff with STEM, walked around a bit by myself to just look around more. Questions were actually informative surprisingly.

clav

Tour kinda covered stuff with STEM, walked around a bit by myself to just look around more. Questions were actually informative surprisingly.

When I took programming classes there, I thought profs were kinda airheads as most only cared about their research and not really quality of education. One went on Google to type a topic and tried to wing lecturing slides from there. Absolutely cringeworthy. Needless to say, I dropped that class and took something else that I actually learned something. Mechanical Engineering department stood out + chemistry + mat sci classes. Business school is in another league.

Employers don't really take undergrad seriously. They would rather see you take initiatives in your non-school hours like summers for internships. Don't need to be so bitter about school rejection. You can always apply for masters or transfer.

They kinda care more about where you go for grad school + if you published any papers. Alum network becomes useful once you've established yourself somewhere.

LionPride

Banned
Employers don't really take undergrad seriously. They would rather see you take initiatives in your non-school hours like summers for internships. Don't need to be so bitter.

They kinda care more about where you go for grad school + if you published any papers. Alum network becomes useful once you've established yourself somewhere.
Here's the thing...sports make me petty as fuck. Like I got over being rejected a day after being rejected, but I still want them to lose. Everything.

As long as I get accepted somewhere good for undergrad and don't have to pay a lot for Grad I'll be fine

RR30

It'd be nice if Kentucky got a decent bracket for once. Just one damn year. Jesus that is atrocious considering who the other three 2 seeds have to face.

Crosseyes

Banned
Oh my god if we can manage to get the sweet sixteen ISU could get KU in Kansas City back at Hilton South.

YOU CANNOT RUN. KANSAS MUST BE DESTROYED.

scoobs

Kansas couldn't have gotten a better bracket IMO, happy with everything. ISU rematch at Sprint Center will be dope

scoobs

ESPN's bracketology "analysts" are picking Miama to upset KU, because "Miama has a better backcourt." Hot take!

Top Bottom