• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S6 |OT| of Phrasing, The Old Gypsy Woman & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Just got an email from hulu saying Season 5 is now available for streaming. Kind of surprised they beat Netflix.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just got an email from hulu saying Season 5 is now available for streaming. Kind of surprised they beat Netflix.

huh? season 5 is on the uk netflix and has been for months

Ruruja

So seriously, how is the animation so amazing now? That and the level of detail, like that chandelier in the dining room make this one of the best looking 'cartoons' I've ever seen.

Red

The CIA gave them the coke. That was the deal Mallory established with Slater in episode 1 of season 5. She takes and unloads the coke, and ISIS does not get penalized. The CIA used Archer & co as a means to overthrow San Marcos. The coke was a means to an end.

Valkrai

Just saw Season 5 and I am legit shocked. I can't believe how they squandered an awesome idea like Archer Vice and made it more boring and predictable than any season beforehand. It had its moments with Pam, K Log, and the Krieger clones but wow that season was weak.

You guys were right :/

vypek

Just saw Season 5 and I am legit shocked. I can't believe how they squandered an awesome idea like Archer Vice and made it more boring and predictable than any season beforehand. It had its moments with Pam, K Log, and the Krieger clones but wow that season was weak.

You guys were right :/

I think Season 5 was the weakest and yet it was still very good in my opinion. Something about it didn't click as well as other seasons. Maybe it was the constant failure or the way each episode was heavily linked to the next. But this season has been magnificent

I think Season 5 was the weakest and yet it was still very good in my opinion. Something about it didn't click as well as other seasons. Maybe it was the constant failure or the way each episode was heavily linked to the next. But this season has been magnificent

I think maybe because most of the time they were holed up in Tunt Manor.

Savitar

I think that's part of the problem the show faces, that the team a lot of the time so completely fails and botches things. Remember how Archer was suppose to be the best and everyone knew him by reputation? And yet the whole group became one huge joke people began to hire thinking they would fail.

It's no fun to watch when it's constant failure, seeing them succeed and win despite their screwed up ness can be fun too. Even if they pull a victory out of their ass.

Bladenic

I still found S5 hilarious, but I guess it would be the weakest season overall (though I need to rewatch some of the earlier ones, I don't remember many episodes from 2). S6 has been better though.

vypek

I think maybe because most of the time they were holed up in Tunt Manor.

Yeah, that wasn't too great. Also, I kind of miss Brett. Or is it Brent? The bullet magnet guy.

I think that's part of the problem the show faces, that the team a lot of the time so completely fails and botches things. Remember how Archer was suppose to be the best and everyone knew him by reputation? And yet the whole group became one huge joke people began to hire thinking they would fail.

It's no fun to watch when it's constant failure, seeing them succeed and win despite their screwed up ness can be fun too. Even if they pull a victory out of their ass.

I like the theme of people hiring them expecting to screw up because at times they fail because of something really stupid and not because they are incapable. But showing Archer who is already a legend when the pilot airs is annoying. Especially being knocked out by random people.

Archer is still respected for his skill like when someone says "I'm sorry but its Archer time" or "No, Archer should be driving. He's actually kind of good at it." But they seem to have really enjoyed making the whole group look like idiots even though Archer is world renowned and Lana is supposed to be very capable and competent. The constant failure is annoying. I do like the moments where they let Archer live up to his legend like lodging a serving plate in someones head or taking out 6 armed soldiers when unarmed. I'd like more of those types of scenes put in.

Yeah, that wasn't too great. Also, I kind of miss Brett. Or is it Brent? The bullet magnet guy.

Cocain and Outlaw Country aside, killing Brett was the worst call they could have made. I really enjoyed the VA's performance and the idea of Archer casually shooting his coworkers never stopped being hilarious to me.

vypek

Cocain and Outlaw Country aside, killing Brett was the worst call they could have made. I really enjoyed the VA's performance and the idea of Archer casually shooting his coworkers never stopped being hilarious to me.

Yep, I loved the bit. Losing Brett was a real blow and it was also like a harbinger for cutting out every other character. Somewhere earlier in the series they did mention that barely anyone works there but at least you saw people in the background. Brett was pretty much the most important 3rd tier character in the office. I love the main cast but I really miss all the extra characters even though they didn't talk.

Red

Focusing so much on the main characters, especially by literally removing background characters from the office, makes the whole Archer-verse feel less alive and inhabited.

It was funny the first time, since they had failed several missions (just sort of naturally happened) but there was never really any attention drawn to it up until then. Since then it's become contrived and they seem to be set up to fail now.

Yep, I loved the bit. Losing Brett was a real blow and it was also like a harbinger for cutting out every other character. Somewhere earlier in the series they did mention that barely anyone works there but at least you saw people in the background. Brett was pretty much the most important 3rd tier character in the office. I love the main cast but I really miss all the extra characters even though they didn't talk.
I honestly wouldn't mind if he just suddenly reappeared alive again. Maybe Krieger could bust out the 'ol cybernetics, but neglect to make him bulletproof for his own amusement.

Finally saw this one... wow

I think the show has hit it's plateau and that's not really a bad thing. They have upped the writing, characters and animation as much as they can. I think we are all kind of used to it now so I don't expect to say any further season are the best, just great.

I loved the detail on Lana's flushed face when they were having sex. I don't know why but it made me laugh. I don't think we've seen them have sex in the show history after the break-up so I'm glad they finally show it.

I expected a character to ask how long ago Lana had the baby because they made her look amazing.

Also I'm glad that they are just failures now and have a bad reputation (as they should) I think Isis being badasses (even just sterling) is boring and it's much more fun to watch it all go to shit each week. I think that's why I love the Venture brothers so much. that show is just steeped in Failure.

Finally saw this one... wow

I think the show has hit it's plateau and that's not really a bad thing. They have upped the writing, characters and animation as much as they can. I think we are all kind of used to it now so I don't expect to say any further season are the best, just great.

I loved the detail on Lana's flushed face when they were having sex. I don't know why but it made me laugh. I don't think we've seen them have sex in the show history after the break-up so I'm glad they finally show it.

I expected a character to ask how long ago Lana had the baby because they made her look amazing.

Also I'm glad that they are just failures now and have a bad reputation (as they should) I think Isis being badasses (even just sterling) is boring and it's much more fun to watch it all go to shit each week. I think that's why I love the Venture brothers so much. that show is just steeped in Failure.

Seen being the key word. Although I think the cancer episodes are the only ones where he had sex with Lana again. Don't recall another time.

And Venture Brothers will always be king.

vypek

Seen being the key word. Although I think the cancer episodes are the only ones where he had sex with Lana again. Don't recall another time.

And Venture Brothers will always be king.

I thought it was revealed that they didnt have sex in the cancer episodes, he just thought they did. They did have a threesome on a boat and in a flashback though.

I'll still believe that the writers can surprise us though

I thought it was revealed that they didnt have sex in the cancer episodes, he just thought they did. They did have a threesome on a boat and in a flashback though.

I'll still believe that the writers can surprise us though

Ah that's right! With Scorpio! And I thought in a later episode when they introduced Katya they confirmed they had sex?

iMax

Currently re-watching Archer and have decided that this is hands-down the best line in the series.

Katya: Now who do I have to screw to get a drink around here?
Boris: Nobody ma’am. Unless you want. And if you do want, I can be bottom. No problem there.

BigAT

Boris is the most underrated character in the whole damn show.

csxjxBi.gif

BigAT

Any idea who voices him? Nobody seems to know as he's uncredited.

Adam Reed? He's probably who I would guess for any uncredited role on the show to begin with, but also Boris is pretty similar to Ronnie from Frisky Dingo who was voiced by Reed.

Adam Reed? He's probably who I would guess for any uncredited role on the show to begin with, but also Boris is pretty similar to Ronnie from Frisky Dingo who was voiced by Reed.

I want a Boris and Ronnie Power Hour. Make it happen, Reed!

Is this the episode co-written and guest staring the guy from The Americans?

Neoxon

It was great :)

Is there one correct way? I keep hearing it multiple ways. Raish and raaz
It's pronounced Raish within the context of Batman.

Fun Fact: Arrow made it to where only people within the League of Assassins pronounce his name correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom