• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S6 |OT| of Phrasing, The Old Gypsy Woman & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Have never heard about this show but I were disappointed seeing it's a cartoon. Is is great anyway? Is it real actors acting and then the fx team making it look like a cartoon? Kind of like A Scanner Darkly.

It's excellent. Don't be "that guy" that thinks animation = bad.
No, it's not rotoscoping. It's all animation. Though they used real life models as the base.
If they were based on the voice actors, Archer would look like a short bald man with a goatee.

BigAT

Am I the only one that thinks that "real" Krieger is still around along with one or more of the clones and they alternate which of them is at ISIS? Like they rotate through who goes into work and who stays behind to work on creepy side projects/airbrush iconic Rush puns.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It kinda raises the question of if there are cycling clones, where the clones came from. Cia created possibly? I mean that would explain how san marcos got 3 of them. It would also explain how krieger is so willing to help agents like conway stern, and who knows what else for the sake of furthering their goals.

One thing im curious about though is what the hell happened to odin?

Savitar

It kinda raises the question of if there are cycling clones, where the clones came from. Cia created possibly? I mean that would explain how san marcos got 3 of them. It would also explain how krieger is so willing to help agents like conway stern, and who knows what else for the sake of furthering their goals.

One thing im curious about though is what the hell happened to odin?

Considering Krieger has been doing things with bodies for awhile be it others and possibly himself and then he ran into all those other clones he likely found a way to make more. I mean he can do some pretty crazy bionic stuff and all. So him making actual working clones eventually makes enough sense.

Now what he would want to do with them is another question. But then a lot of who and what he wants has always been sorta a mystery.

Grisby

I bet the real Krieger is still alive somewhere, and that he's gonna show up at one point.
I'm assuming she is sick at this point and it has affected her voice.
His mom's voice has recently become really weird. Like super somber or dry, it's hard to say what it is, but it's less sassy.
That's what I'm saying. Something definitely sounds off with Mallory and might explain why she hasn't been around that much.

Sloane

Banned
Yeah, I also think whatever sickness she has is affecting her voice a lot. Hopefully by now she has recovered since those lines were a while ago. I just cant imagine them getting rid of the character since a lot of story lines seem to work well with her but I guess these writers can probably pull it off.
Well, she had like two lines per episode this year, so it probably wouldn't be that big a change -- but, yeah, she sounded pretty bad and I guess it's not a good sign, if they knew that early enough to basically write her out of the season.

Shahadan

Oh?

Remember the alien used his full real name.

And didn't you think it might be Krieger and a clone maybe changing places now and then?

Yea that's also a possibility (probability, even)

tbh I like they leave it ambiguous and add a line here and there to continue the mystery (the joke in the elevator episode for example, and this week I took the fact that Krieger was the only one not understanding they were all referring to Katya as another proof-or-not that he's a clone).

In any case I expect a clone related episode sometime down the road, since we still don't know where they were from or why/how they were there. I'd be ok with never knowing if he's the original or not, or if the original comes back one day. Or hell, even if it turns out our Krieger wasn't the original all along. Could be funny to meet the true Krieger.

I just don't like when a character is replaced by a clone for good, I know some writers think that means it's the same character, but for me it really doesn't and it bothers me forever. (some shows/games are really guilty of this, I'm even surprised that can be a thing)

Red

The clones were mentioned before their appearance. I think they were brought up in season 1. Malory says Krieger was one of the boys from Brazil, aka one of numerous genetic clones of Adolf Hitler.

Savitar

They keep saying that but even if he turns out to be a clone I got my doubts he'll be a clone of Hitler. Or maybe even a nazi.

There hasn't much to say he was either really.

vypek

Was really hoping they'd use the auditory erection in that scene just now. Maybe it won't be their new thing

EDIT:

The animation is on point this season!

Mazre

Solid episode. I was kind of hoping for a skytanic callback, re: dropping a bomb on England last time they were in the area.

TOAST!

vypek

Hm, I had assumed that it was a spare hand Krieger originally made but I guess it really could be the original Conway Stern cybernetic that was made a couple seasons back.

EDIT: Nevermind. Its two different hands. Thought he lost the left hand again this season but it was the right

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wait is that Conway's real or fake hand? I can't remember which one ripped off the 2nd time

It was his real hand.
First time he lost his left hand. Second time he lost his right.
Ray's new hand is right.

At least that's a guess.

Grisby

I didn't really laugh that much outside of the arm gag and "TOOOOOAST."

Kind of a bomb for me, :/ Probably my least favorite episode of the season so far.

vypek

The posts about Conway reminded me that the same episode told us that Lana has a sister. After the episode with her parents I'd like to see her in an episode as well.

Mindlog

It was his real hand.
First time he lost his left hand. Second time he lost his right.
Ray's new hand is right.

At least that's a guess.
Could be the replacement that Kreiger was building for Conway or the real thing.
Either way...
Scion T C!
Scion T C!
Scion T C!

Zubz

Banned
So, would watching "The Americans" have added to this episode at all? It was good, but it seems like I'm missing something here about it? I know one of the Welsh Terrorists is played by one of the characters, but other than that, I didn't see too much. Or is this a subtle one, like how Ricky, Bubbles, and Julian's actors all played a role in the episode with the Canadian terrorists (Props to Bubbles' actor, by the way; whereas I picked up on the other two, I had to look up if he was in the episode later. I know the "Bubbles" voice isn't how he talks, but he's got a nice range there!)?

So, would watching "The Americans" have added to this episode at all? It was good, but it seems like I'm missing something here about it? I know one of the Welsh Terrorists is played by one of the characters, but other than that, I didn't see too much. Or is this a subtle one, like how Ricky, Bubbles, and Julian's actors all played a role in the episode with the Canadian terrorists (Props to Bubbles' actor, by the way; whereas I picked up on the other two, I had to look up if he was in the episode later. I know the "Bubbles" voice isn't how he talks, but he's got a nice range there!)?

There was (apparently) a blink and you'll miss it reference, but otherwise nah. The actor is Welsh himself and he told actual stories about the real separatist movement and how terrible at it they were, which is the basis for the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom