• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calvin Klein's Idea of Plus Size Is Pissing People Off (Yahoo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I think the takeaway from all this is that women's clothing sizes make no goddamn sense.

otapnam

Plus for women is like big and tall for men.

Its not just the size its about proportion. The model is likely 6f tall.

So a plus 10 is usually designed for a taller size 10 woman.

However, women come in all sizes n shapes. So every brand is a little different. Theres a lot of variables.

Its very hard to market plus size clothing, plus and regular sized women always get worked up about it....... people just trying to sell clothes man

number47

Plus for women is like big and tall for men.

Its not just the size its about proportion. The model is likely 6f tall.

So a plus 10 is usually designed for a taller size 10 woman.

However, women come in all sizes n shapes. So every brand is a little different. Theres a lot of variables.

Its very hard to market plus size clothing, plus and regular sized women always get worked up about it....... people just trying to sell clothes man

no, i can't control getting taller.

otapnam

to add to my original post

theres also petite & tall which are designed for women that are shorter & taller but have more regular proportions (however their clothes are still designed specifically for their segments in mind)

most women fit in the regular 0-24+ size range without the need to goto "Plus" unless they are actually taller or have very specific proportions. Again every brand is different.

I've worked a long time in clothing retail from stores to working in the web now. I'm no expert, but just sharing what I know.

oJQVo8f.jpg
Z1JT6IV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom