• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Twelve: Why bother? Just give tOSU the trophy.

We really do seem to have written off Michigan, which seems like a mistake. I think Ohio State is better, but I have no idea which OSU shows up on Saturday.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
If Ohio state wins Saturday, they will go to the cfp
tOSU is in win or lose. If they win, their only loss will be to a top 10, possible B1G champ. If they lose, then their only losses would be to a top 10 team and to a top 4 team.

Compare that to Michigan who, while having only one loss, lost to unranked Iowa. tOSU definitely would have the better resume imo.

cdyhybrid

My guess is that Clemson would jump OSU if it wins out, since it'll have a conference championship and OSU wouldn't. And Clemson would definitely take Atlanta. Not sure how it would work out if Michigan won, but I don't think anyone believes there's a chance of that happening anyway.

Yeah, I was speaking specifically about the poll next week. Bama would probably jump back up to 1 after winning the SECCG.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
tOSU is in win or lose. If they win, their only loss will be to a top 10, possible B1G champ. If they lose, then their only losses would be to a top 10 team and to a top 4 team.

Compare that to Michigan who, while having only one loss, lost to unranked Iowa. tOSU definitely would have the better resume imo.

Ah, the Louisville logic.

#science

K.Sabot

i don't see the washington hype at all

their quality win just became weaker this week, and their loss is against a team that is still 7 ranks above them. the only thing keeping them hanging onto this is the fact that their stanford win is getting a bit stronger towards the end as stanford cleans up the pac 12 north before they fail to make the conference championship.

does record really mean that much when everyone agrees that their schedule was weak? wisconsin should be #5, this shit reminds me of iowa last year.

cashman

Banned
From Chip Brown:

In what seems like a flashback to 2013, multiple sources told HornsDigest.com Tuesday that Charlie Strong might be able to save his job with a victory against TCU on Friday.
lololol This is going to be a guarenteed shit show

their quality win just became weaker this week, and their loss is against a team that is still 7 ranks above them. the only thing keeping them hanging onto this is the fact that their stanford win is getting a bit stronger towards the end as stanford cleans up the pac 12 north before they fail to make the conference championship.

does record really mean that much when everyone agrees that their schedule was weak? wisconsin should be #5, this shit reminds me of iowa last year.

While I think Washington is fool's gold, if they finish with just one loss and a conference title, they have an argument.

If they wanna be destroyed by Alabama on national TV, that's their prerogative.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
While I think Washington is fool's gold, if they finish with just one loss and a conference title, they have an argument.

If they wanna be destroyed by Alabama on national TV, that's their prerogative.
WHY WOULD YOU SAY THINGS LIKE THIS

From Chip Brown:

Cool. If the players don't boycott the fans might. It's going to be hard to root for them on Friday knowing a win could keep Strongs job. This coach just LOST to KANSAS, and has the worst winning percentage of any coach in the history of Texas football.

jfkgoblue

This is sarcasm, right?

jfkgoblue

Hypothetical: if Alabama loses Saturday, do they even drop from #1? Seems like in the committee's eyes, there's a big gap between them and the field. I definitely don't think they drop below 4 with a loss.
If Michigan wins they'd jump Bama, no one else in the country could touch their resume if Bama lost a game. It would be 2 top 5 wins and 4 top 10

ryseing

From Chip Brown:

Booster meltdown will be legendary, especially the racist ones who didn't want Strong there in the first place.

I hope Texas spanks TCU for fuckery reasons.

If Michigan wins they'd jump Bama, no one else in the country could touch their resume if Bama lost a game. It would be 2 top 5 wins and 4 top 10

But Bama would have a quality loss. Quality loss>that other stuff you mentioned.

andycapps

New podcast is up.

Episode 17 - The Game: Indiana and Purdue 2016

We talk about The Game. Yes, the highly anticipated annual installment of Purdue and Indiana is this week.

We also talk more about the PAC 12 than we normally do (almost zero).

We have a special guest this week (thanks Chris).

Happy Thanksgiving!

(I know y'all are being sarcastic, but am I alone in thinking that there's something to teams being #processed by the Tide? 😂)

BxlNZ3-CMAAodTS.jpg:large

Auburn seems to be immune to that. And it looks like USC started waking up after their L.

Idk. Auburn's the closest thing to a random number generator CFB has as of late. Some seasons they in title contention, some they almost lose to Jacksonville. Sometimes you write em off preseason (like this year), and they surprise everybody by being sneakily decent. And we play em at the end of the regular season, so they don't really have time to fall off if we beat em.

Fucking hate those guys.

Karl2177

According to ESPN, there's Tuesday night MACtion, then the only game on Thursday is A&M/LSU. I just decided to make it easier on everyone to start on Friday instead of Thursday, in case you have to travel the day before Thanksgiving or on Thanksgiving.

According to ESPN, there's Tuesday night MACtion, then the only game on Thursday is A&M/LSU. I just decided to make it easier on everyone to start on Friday instead of Thursday, in case you have to travel the day before Thanksgiving or on Thanksgiving.
Ok cool deals. Thank you all

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Texas would just be saying they couldn't find a slam dunk coach and don't want to sign up for three more years at least of not a sure thing

Washington has 2 wins against top 25 teams, Wisconsin has only one. And No matter how you mask it, they still have 2 losses. Also Nebraska is ranked, but they have zero wins against top 25 teams.

jjasper

Under the radar thing. Considering how things have played out that Central Michigan play against Oklahoma St is kind of a big deal. Especially if they beat OU.

Top Bottom