• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Eleven: Who Gives a Fuck? We Elected Our Hitler.

Gorillaz

yea I was going to say, it looks like 2 B1G might be in the playoffs. Pretty sure everyone else outside the division might jump off a cliff if it comes down to that. Especially if it somehow became the rivalry OSU v Mich game haha

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Nah, I think most expect to get jumped. We'll jump them again if we can win out and win the conference championship.

I'm not sure you can say that for sure. Like always the coastal opponent will suck.
Why put them ahead at all if you expect to vote Clemson ahead if they win out? Not sure how that makes sense.

I think if they put Louisville ahead it might be for good assuming both teams win out.

Know how to tell next week is a shit schedule? Game day is going to western Michigan
That's a surprise. I thought they be going to the Rose Bowl.

Western Michigan deserves it. Another note Pomphrey from San Diego St is over 6k in yards. 4th all time. I think He has a legit shot at Dayne's record

I'm not sure you can say that for sure. Like always the coastal opponent will suck.
Why put them ahead at all if you expect to vote Clemson ahead if they win out? Not sure how that makes sense.

I think if they put Louisville ahead it might be for good assuming both teams win out.

They say it's supposed to be a snapshot in time. They've always said that subsequent rankings have no basis on previous ones. It's not supposed to be like the other polls. But even if that was not the case, you will have two teams with similar records (Clemson would actually have a higher win percentage due to an extra game), with one team being the conference champ as well as owning the head to head. And to top that off, Clemson would have a stronger strength of schedule.

They may still put Louisville in above Clemson, but then they'd have to admit that the eye test is their only criteria.

New coaches poll

1 ALABAMA 10-0 1575 63 1 –
2 OHIO STATE 9-1 1495 – 5 +3
3 LOUISVILLE 9-1 1418 – 6 +3
4 MICHIGAN 9-1 1332 – 3 -1
5 CLEMSON 9-1 1318 – 2 -3
6 WISCONSIN 8-2 1231 – 7 +1
7 WASHINGTON 9-1 1190 – 4 -3
8 OKLAHOMA 8-2 1147 – 9 +1
9 WEST VIRGINIA 8-1 994 – 10 +1
10 PENN STATE 8-2 923 – 14 +4
what a day.

OSU beating my boys would be hilarious only for the BCS meltdowns. OSU getting into the playoff without even making it to the B1G championship game while the B1G chip winner doesn't make the playoff will make for massive flows of salt. 2 B1G teams in the playoff would make the world burn.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
They say it's supposed to be a snapshot in time. They've always said that subsequent rankings have no basis on previous ones. It's not supposed to be like the other polls. But even if that was not the case, you will have two teams with similar records (Clemson would actually have a higher win percentage due to an extra game), with one team being the conference champ as well as owning the head to head. And to top that off, Clemson would have a stronger strength of schedule.

They may still put Louisville in above Clemson, but then they'd have to admit that the eye test is their only criteria.

The 2014 rankings attest to this, when they dropped TCU for OSU. Committee ranked TCU higher despite the fact TCU had no control over their own destiny in their eyes. OSU was always going to pass them if they won the conference, the championship game being a blowout was irrelevant.

UM's current 2 deep:

CxK8CeRUAAA38SE.jpg:large

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
UM's current 2 deep:

CxK8CeRUAAA38SE.jpg:large

Hmm, lots of RS Jrs, SR, and RS SRs. I bet they had a good 2012 and 2013 classes (they would be those kids)

yjMIg9X.jpg

IKnq6Ae.jpg

Yep, I can see it.

Only way to get over this, is by continuing to have years of top recruiting classes.

iP0Va3t.jpg

Oh...

73itsUM.jpg

Oh.....

Well, hopefully for them they found a bunch of true freshmen to play on this past years class
df26Q1M.jpg

Currently # 9 overall for the 2017 class.

I expect a fall back to "ok" for a year or so.

ryan-ts

Michigan's 2-Deep is going to be scary inexperienced next year. I don't expect more than 9 wins but it will be fun watching younger players get their turn.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Nah, I think most expect to get jumped. We'll jump them again if we can win out and win the conference championship.

It's supposed to be a snapshot.

I still wouldn't want to leave it up to the committee.

andycapps

Hmm, lots of RS Jrs, SR, and RS SRs. I bet they had a good 2012 and 2013 classes

Well, hopefully for them they found a bunch of true freshmen to play on this past years class
df26Q1M.jpg

Currently # 9 overall for the 2017 class.

I expect a fall back to "ok" for a year or so.

They're about to have the year we've had this year playing about half freshmen. Pays off in year 2 but this season hasn't been fun. Except yesterday made things much better and improved the odds and turned what I thought was a rebuilding year into what may be more of a reloading year.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm gonna be so fucking pissed when Wisconsin backs into a B1G Championship by beating Penn State in Indy (mainly because I want Nebraska to get to beat Penn State in Indy).

Also, Ohio State may get to finally find out just how much the committee values conference championships. Buckeyes need to root hard for WSU / Pac-12 South winner, for Virginia Tech to beat Clemson, and for WVU to lose, and for Wisconsin to lose.

Right now I see pecking order as:

Alabama
1-loss B1G Champion (Mich or tOSU)
1-loss ACC Champion (Clemson OR Louisville)
1-loss Pac-12 Champion (Washington)
1-loss Big XII Champion (WVU)
2-Loss Wisconsin B1G Champion
1-Loss Ohio State non conf champion
1-Loss Louisville Non-Conf Champ
2-Loss B1G Champion (Penn State OR Nebraska)
2-Loss Oklahoma BXII Champ
Maybe a 2-loss SEC team or Washington/Pac12Champ?

Some crazy possibilities.

Or it could just be Bama, Washington, Clemson, and the B1G Champion.

Those championship boosts though seem to be a big deal, and I don't doubt the committee wiil happily get its way out of controversy by sticking to conference champions if they can

Lonestar

Michael Emerson ‏@MichaelEmerson 5h5 hours ago
A dramatic victory for the #IowaHawkeyes over Michigan yesterday- very satisfying

Well, lightened my mood a little bit.

Pumphrey. Donnel Pumphrey.

He gets no respect, I tells ya. No respect at all.
He got some respect yesterday morning on Gameday. Talked about his football career and his kid. Great feature on him. San Diego has a 16 game conference streak. They better be in the top 25

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm gonna be so fucking pissed when Wisconsin backs into a B1G Championship by beating Penn State in Indy (mainly because I want Nebraska to get to beat Penn State in Indy).

Also, Ohio State may get to finally find out just how much the committee values conference championships. Buckeyes need to root hard for WSU / Pac-12 South winner, for Virginia Tech to beat Clemson, and for WVU to lose, and for Wisconsin to lose.

Right now I see pecking order as:

Alabama
1-loss B1G Champion (Mich or tOSU)
1-loss ACC Champion (Clemson OR Louisville)
1-loss Pac-12 Champion (Washington)
1-loss Big XII Champion (WVU)
2-Loss Wisconsin B1G Champion
1-Loss Ohio State non conf champion
1-Loss Louisville Non-Conf Champ
2-Loss B1G Champion (Penn State OR Nebraska)
2-Loss Oklahoma BXII Champ
Maybe a 2-loss SEC team or Washington/Pac12Champ?

Some crazy possibilities.

Or it could just be Bama, Washington, Clemson, and the B1G Champion.

Those championship boosts though seem to be a big deal, and I don't doubt the committee wiil happily get its way out of controversy by sticking to conference champions if they can
Thanks in no small part to Jim Delaney.

By the way, are you with Insomniac? Can't remember. Picked up Ratchet and Clank with a PS4 Pro on Thursday, and that game is incredibly fun. If you are with Insomniac, great job on that game. It's probably my favorite game from this generation.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like one of our OL that didn't make the trip to Stillwater, Justin Murphy, may be retiring from football completely due to constant injury. Just a sophomore but already one of the leaders on the OL.

If I believed in curses I would be absolutely sure our OL has been hit with one.

Lonestar

Thanks in no small part to Jim Delaney.

By the way, are you with Insomniac? Can't remember. Picked up Ratchet and Clank with a PS4 Pro on Thursday, and that game is incredibly fun. If you are with Insomniac, great job on that game. It's probably my favorite game from this generation.

$$$

Debating on getting one and the psvr. Been in that blow money mood for almost a week now.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'd love to upgrade especially since I have a 4K TV, but we are in save that cash to fix up the house mode. So discretionary spending at a minimum other than Xmas presents.

Wife would kill me if I just start blowing cash. Lol

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So, LSU's back up RB, Derrius Guice, had this to say: "Alabama always stacks 10 people in the box to stop us. They’re scared as well."

You do you, Derrius. You do you.

Lonestar

So, LSU's back up RB, Derrius Guice, had this to say: "Alabama always stacks 10 people in the box to stop us. They’re scared as well."

Yeah, saw that headline, and wondered if it was a leftover comment, one a reporter forgot to include from the week before.

But nope.

Limedust

Even if Alabama did that (they didn't), LSU still wasn't good enough to take advantage of it and score any points.

Top Bottom