• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Twelve: Why bother? Just give tOSU the trophy.

tO494zu.png

2YIeUVF.png

pZIdyS1.png

U81Eu2R.png

s5Mb2Gx.png

ajSEhQR.png

PwPFDpm.png

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
:jnc

Also pat fitzgerald should be fired on the spot for that answer.
Not sure what's worse... Kenny Chesney or Sister Hazel.

And, jesus christ, nobody believes you, Jim, that your favorite band is Bob Marley.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FOH, I'm from Mobile �� I endured the Dubose, Franchione, and Shula years while listening to my parents and uncles brag about the glory days with Bryant.

I WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Hey, unless you can provide evidence, we don't know ;)

Here's my evidence:
http://www.goodcowfilms.com/farm/basement/ga-archive/i_am_bored_lets_talk-09-02-2000.htm

Here's one of the earliest, on record, versions of CFB-GAF. Eli is still here with a new name, and me.

I think Frag is still around, but never in here.

Geez, that's about 17 years ago, and is the weekend Dubose fell apart and Alabama lost to UCLA, starting the 3-8 year. I believe I was 20 then. I just felt the creep of death, gently tapping me on the shoulder.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Here's my evidence:
http://www.goodcowfilms.com/farm/basement/ga-archive/i_am_bored_lets_talk-09-02-2000.htm

Here's one of the earliest, on record, versions of CFB-GAF. Eli is still here with a new name, and me.

Geez, that's about 17 years ago, and is the weekend Dubose fell apart and Alabama lost to UCLA, starting the 3-8 year. I believe I was 20 then. I just felt the creep of death, gently tapping me on the shoulder.
That game started off so promising, too. With a kick returned for a TD. Then just a never-ending season of shit.

Karl2177

The worst two teams in CFB have coaches that like Florida Georgia Line... Coincidence that poor music relates to poor performance?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I guess Cutcliffe knows something about the 2019 Duke football team that nobody else knows. While the program as a whole is better than it was in 2010, the result will be the same. Why make it a big kickoff game? Nobody cares to watch Duke football, they aren't even good enough to cheer against for the average fan. Maybe K will be guest coach, he's had Saban on his radio show a couple of times I believe.

For more immediate news, Thomas Sirk, our QB from last year, has been granted a 6 year of eligibility. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Despite his issues with the long ball, he was a good player, great on the field leader and lead Duke to the 1st 4 time OT win in ACC history at VT and lead Duke to the first bowl win in 40 years. However, Jones is a better overall QB, and I can't imagine Sirk petitioned for a 6th year t sit on the bench.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Mike Riley just drops the casual "oh Ryker Fyfe broke his wrist during the 3rd quarter on Saturday and he had surgery yesterday - so we'll see if he can play Friday"

uhhhh so coach who is the #1 QB in practice tonight?

Riley laughs. "To be honest, I don't know."

He then talks about how our true frosh corner may play wildcat QB in case of emergency. He'd be backing up our originally emergency QB who might start, and is a wide receiver / kick holder who played high-school in college, basically had 2 concussions in one game and Bo didn't cut him loose or put him on medical.

Meanwhile half the state wants Riley to burn our blue-chip QB's redshirt for one game at Iowa.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Mike Riley just drops the casual "oh Ryker Fyfe broke his wrist during the 3rd quarter on Saturday and he had surgery yesterday - so we'll see if he can play Friday"

He then talks about how our true frosh corner may play wildcat QB in case of emergency. He'd be backing up our originally emergency QB who might start, and is a wide receiver / kick holder who played high-school in college, basically had 2 concussions in one game and Bo didn't cut him loose or put him on medical.

Meanwhile half the state wants Riley to burn our blue-chip QB's redshirt for one game at Iowa.

How's Tommie's hamstring? I would love to see Darlington out there. Seemed like a stud in high school with good football iq with bad luck with his head.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
How's Tommie's hamstring? I would love to see Darlington out there. Seemed like a stud in high school with good football iq with bad luck with his head.

I've heard murmurs of dark voodoo and magic being done to try and rehab it.

Supposedly it's doing better and there's a chance, which is a huge upgrade from what I heard about the MRI.

Darlington would be ok if he had actually been playing QB, but he hasn't. And uh, we were basically doing whatever we could to make sure we didn't accidentally kill him

I remember in the 2004 Alamo bowl vs okie lite Troy Smith was suspended and our only other QB got hurt. So they just put Ted Ginn back in shotgun and just let him run it. Was pretty great.

BTN currently airing a thing about the 2006 Ohio state Michigan game. It's pretty great so far, 39 min in and the game hasn't even started in it. Kind of a cool retrospective look from the coaches and players involved

Honestly the way Texas has handled this whole situation with Strong makes it pretty easy to understand why he wasn't successful.

Program is a mess.

Limedust

Nice nostalgic trip... Waiting around for Soul Reaver 2.

Here's my evidence:

tebunker

Banned
Beating Michigan has gotten kind of boring so sometimes we might mess up on lame traditions.

I can't concentrate on anything that actually matters because of Saturday, its been years since I have anticipated a game this much

On a related note:

Ohio State fucks up their tradition yet again
http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/OSU-screws-up-annual-no-M-tradition-again-49153590

This was Michigan's dorm's last night
pg2N5Xm.jpg

God I love hate week

Pfft yall call this a rivalry? Call me when your willing to murder a few trees for your team /s

Can't say I am plussed to see something like Eff anOSU on the dorms but students are students.

Makes me laugh when my buddy had to take down the "Go To Hell Auburn" Banner he had hanging from his house because the Calavary Baptist church across from Bryant Denny owned the house/property...

Hoping this week lives up to the hype.

Sulik2

As a huge Michigan fan I am very worried about this game. If Speight is hurt Michigan doesn't have much of a chance.

Torn on who I want to win that game. On the one hand, I would love to see the look on Harbaugh's face after Alabama dismantles Michigan for the title. On the other, making Meyer run away from the B1G to an FCS school so he won't have to play Saban again for the title would be awesome.

Torn on who I want to win that game. On the one hand, I would love to see the look on Harbaugh's face after Alabama dismantles Michigan for the title. On the other, making Meyer run away from the B1G to an FCS school so he won't have to play Saban again for the title would be awesome.

xxQmZaz.gif

Baylor Associate AD in charge of media relations and managing the public relations of the program arrested for assault from an attack after their loss on Nov. 5th vs TCU. Just now coming out two weeks later. Even though he was arrested 3 days after the game.

Grabbed the reporter by the throat after they tried to take a picture with a player they actually did have clearance to take a picture of on the field.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...aylor-bears-accused-assaulting-reporter-field

Fuck Baylor. Nuke the program and probably the school too.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Reading a few Baylor fans trying to justify what that dude did over on Reddit was pretty entertaining.

"He didn't have credentials or permission to interview that player!"

Reading a few Baylor fans trying to justify what that dude did over on Reddit was pretty entertaining.

"He didn't have credentials or permission to interview that player!"

I mean, even if he didn't have permission, it's still no excuse. Too bad major institutions like the NCAA, DoE, and SACS are completely useless. They've sent a clear message that murder, rape, abuse, academic fraud, etc., are a-ok within universities.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I mean, even if he didn't have permission, it's still no excuse. Too bad major institutions like the NCAA, DoE, and SACS are completely useless. They've sent a clear message that murder, rape, abuse, academic fraud, etc., is a-ok within universities.

Hah of course it isn't an excuse. And it was just two idiots in a large thread about it. Still funny though.

ryseing

Baylor Associate AD in charge of media relations and managing the public relations of the program arrested for assault from an attack after their loss on Nov. 5th vs TCU. Just now coming out two weeks later. Even though he was arrested 3 days after the game.

Grabbed the reporter by the throat after they tried to take a picture with a player they actually did have clearance to take a picture of on the field.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...aylor-bears-accused-assaulting-reporter-field

Fuck Baylor. Nuke the program and probably the school too.

Death penalty. That administration is rotten to the core.

Top Bottom