• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Eleven: Who Gives a Fuck? We Elected Our Hitler.

Lunar15

Unsurprisingly, Luke Del Rio out for LSU. Though, I'm undecided as to whether or not that's a bad thing.

What is bad is that we're way depleted on defense due to injuries.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Thanks in no small part to Jim Delaney.

By the way, are you with Insomniac? Can't remember. Picked up Ratchet and Clank with a PS4 Pro on Thursday, and that game is incredibly fun. If you are with Insomniac, great job on that game. It's probably my favorite game from this generation.

yup. thanks for picking up Ratchet.

I've been playing with my PS4 Pro on my OLED E6 at home and while it's homerish to say, I think Ratchet is the reference/demo material for it right now.

Well that certainly explains some things.

Very disappointing for us. Welp, I guess we get to see what O'Korn can do. Pretty short audition before playing OSU.

Well that certainly explains some things.

Very disappointing for us. Welp, I guess we get to see what O'Korn can do. Pretty short audition before playing OSU.

I mean, he didnt break it until that last play at the end. So not really. At least O'Korn get to go up against a fairly porous defense to practice against before playing the best, statistically, secondary in the nation.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

I've been playing with my PS4 Pro on my OLED E6 at home and while it's homerish to say, I think Ratchet is the reference/demo material for it right now.
Homer away. The game looks gorgeous.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Don't get too proud of yourself or I'll tell you what I think of Song of the Deep. ; )

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
http://247sports.com/Player/Jack-Sears-84660

4 Star Pro Style formerly committed to Duke.

From a perception level, this stings a lot as Duke has yet to keep any 4 star prospect on signing day, and Sears would have been a huge get. From a need standpoint....not so much. Not that Duke is turning their nose up at a 4 star QB, but Daniel Jones has been pretty good as a redshirt freshman with very few weapons to throw to. Thats supposed to improve over the next couple of years so if Jones continued his improvement, Sears may not see the field until 2020, whereas he may take over in two after Darnold leaves.

This was interesting to see play out because Sears was seen as a hard commit who was enrolling early. USC was a train wreck who would most likely have a new AD and coach, whereas Duke was coming off a 4 bowl win season with a starting QB with just one season left. Then lots of things changed for both teams. Sears visited the weekend of Hurricane Matthew, which apparently left him with a real negative impression, not so much of Duke directly but being that far away from home to attend a school that has middling bandwagon attendance at best. Given that the starting job was no longer a sure thing, Duke was no longer attractive.

I'm not saying Jones is a better QB than Sears, but Duke now knows exactly what they have in him and they've figured out an offense that works as well. Give Duke a new Jamison Crowder type player and they can do some damage. It was best for both groups so I'm not too mad.

On the plus side Duke flipped a former Baylor QB commit ....so fuck Baylor?

Ganhyun

So,

some of Florida's visiting fans (300-500 or so) will be sitting right next to the LSU student section for their game.

Apparently they had already sold the tickets that would normally go to an SEC opponent to the public prior to the game being moved since the other opponent didnt need them and this is the LSU AD's idea of making it work.

I wonder how well those fans get treated.

Btw, USC vs UCLA gets a #Pac12AfterDark time slot this weekend. Trojans are coming off a huge win and UCLA needs a win to keep their bowl hopes alive. Definite upset potential.

have you seen those two teams playing recently?

USC in a rout

Yes but this is college football and it is a rivalry game and UCLA's last hope for a bowl and its a road game for USC and #Pac12AfterDark.

On paper the only interesting thing should be the half time show and the number of felonies committed by fans, but they play the games for a reason!

Kevtones

CxLrCFpVEAA5MWj.jpg:small

Former Oregon All-American kick returner and first-team All-Pac-10 cornerback Cliff Harris was arrested early Sunday morning and is facing misdemeanor charges of theft, possession of a controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia, according to the Fresno Sheriff booking records.

But a new fact was revealed Monday. A court-appointed psychiatrist said Harris has CTE, chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a progressive degenerative disease that afflicts the brain of people who have suffered repeated concussions, such as athletes who take part in contact sports.

Harris’s mother, Lizette, who attended Monday’s hearing, declined to comment on her son’s mental health.

Truly a sad story. Cliff had 9-10 picks, 4 Punt Return TDs in the year Oregon played Auburn for the title (he picked off Newton twice in that game and recovered a fumble too).

So much talent wasted. Get healthy, Cliff :(

It's officially tuesday, ready to get fuck ed by the playoff committee

Speaking of recruits, really excited to see Jason Pass back up Jackson next year

CxLrCFpVEAA5MWj.jpg:small

Truly a sad story. Cliff had 9-10 picks, 4 Punt Return TDs in the year Oregon played Auburn for the title (he picked off Newton twice in that game and recovered a fumble too).

So much talent wasted. Get healthy, Cliff :(

Does CTE cause your eyes to roll to the back of your head? Poor guy

andycapps

Think it's pretty much a given that if you play football you're going to have CTE at some point, it's the severity that may change. Obviously if you're in positions with less contact you may not show as many symptoms. I'd guess that punters and kickers are fine.

It's unfortunately part of the sport.

Harbaugh asked specifically if Wilton Speight has a broken collarbone: "I never really get into (that) talk, I'm not a doctor."

Michigan's Jim Harbaugh on Wilton Speight's injury: "He remains questionable for Saturday, and we'll reevaluate after that."

Cmon son

Harbaugh asked specifically if Wilton Speight has a broken collarbone: "I never really get into (that) talk, I'm not a doctor."

Michigan's Jim Harbaugh on Wilton Speight's injury: "He remains questionable for Saturday, and we'll reevaluate after that."

Cmon son
Seriously.. just announce it Jim.. Wilson is not gonna buy that shit and they are probably going to plan on Speight not being there..

Wonder how much the line for next week moves with Speight's injury.

#Oklahoma star DT Charles Walker told coach Bob Stoops that he's leaving the team immediately to prepare for the draft. He's projected high

Uhhhhh

#Oklahoma star DT Charles Walker told coach Bob Stoops that he's leaving the team immediately to prepare for the draft. He's projected high

Uhhhhh

Can't risk an injury that would cost potentially millions$. Surprised more players don't do this. Gotta look after yourself and your own financials first and foremost, and until college players are paid it makes sense to sit yourself

Can't risk an injury that would cost potentially millions$. Surprised more players don't do this. Gotta look after yourself and your own financials first and foremost, and until college players are paid it makes sense to sit yourself

I don't disagree , but Shows a ton about your character

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Don't most schools help their top players insurance in case they do get injured?

they don't really help.

The NFL prospects assured of big money can take out a somewhat expensive policy. If they get injured the insurance company pays. If they don't, the insurance company get a chunk of their NFL paycheck.

Pretty good hedge given the nature of the sport. Esp the way low tackling has encouraged people to go after legs. Knee / ACL type injuries... woof.

Also - I'm hearing Tommy Armstrong isn't looking good for the rest of the year, so enjoy kicking our ass Maryland and Iowa

they don't really help.

The NFL prospects assured of big money can take out a somewhat expensive policy. If they get injured the insurance company pays. If they don't, the insurance company get a chunk of their NFL paycheck.

Pretty good hedge given the nature of the sport. Esp the way low tackling has encouraged people to go after legs. Knee / ACL type injuries... woof.

Also - I'm hearing Tommy Armstrong isn't looking good for the rest of the year, so enjoy kicking our ass Maryland and Iowa
You're not dropping Maryland..

jfkgoblue

Cmon son

Well this season has quickly gone to shit

In other news:
Playstation is this year's fiesta bowl (and CFP semifinal) title sponsor

https://twitter.com/Fiesta_Bowl/status/798632459956957184

Top Bottom