• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Eleven: Who Gives a Fuck? We Elected Our Hitler.

Remarkably, IF OSU were to win out and PSU wins out, Urban Meyer would be 61-5 in 5 years at Ohio State and win exactly 1 Big Ten title.

wIY19dIh.jpg

What a game. What a night.

Karl2177

This Top 5 win ensures Iowa keeps Kirk Ferentz for another 8768858 years at a salary of more than he deserves, but still comes out of my state taxes.

Via Reddit

Michigan only put 10 men on the field TWICE (before & after TO) to contest Iowa's walk off FG (h/t @bradfromames) #MICHvsIOWa

Lolololol. Too busy practicing that choo choo train formation

3 out of 12 Pac-12 teams are already guaranteed to be under .500, and UCLA might end up as the 4th. The conference has 9 bowl spots, so looks like at least one of those is going to some other conference. 6 of the 9 teams are bowl eligible, so the 3 remaining teams are

California who would have to beat Stanford and UCLA.
UCLA who would have to beat USC and Cal.
ASU who have to beat UW or Arizona.

I honestly think the conference might end up with only 7 bowl eligible teams.

Also WSU is now technically alone in first.

clav

Kinda dislike fans hiding their gear in their homes when their football team has a mediocre season and then bring out their school flags when their team wins. USC ahem. Just leave your flags outside and show everyone proudly rather than bandwagoning.

Saw the Duke score. truly101 must be elated once again.

Michigan can't win against Iowa.

Western Michigan is Chicago's B1G team.

cdyhybrid

The people electing American Hitler makes it hard for me to get upset about football losses. I guess that's something of a silver lining to the worst week ever.

USC played a great game. Can't complain about anything other than the Pac-12 refs, which are awful every week and equally awful to every team.

Also this potentially sweetening my Vegas trip is alright.

ag-my001

Been trying to find my rant from last year about inflated expectations and terrible, obvious flaws. Couldn't find it, so could one of you Texas fans just post the coaster pic again? It's completely deserved after these last two weeks.

squicken

Been trying to find my rant from last year about inflated expectations and terrible, obvious flaws. Couldn't find it, so could one of you Texas fans just post the coaster pic again? It's completely deserved after these last two weeks.

Obvious flaw is coaching. Too many guys are never better than they are their freshman year

From College Football Sunday:

2QoQnWi.jpg

Matt Schick put Western Michigan, Troy, and Colorado in his top 6 because after Alabama, "It just doesn't matter."

Guess Ill give my thoughts of the game.

Offense:
Looked really slow and non focused for most of the game with turnovers and dropped passes. Lamar was getting sacked and pressured a lot to make some mistakes. However, that 4th quarter was a thing of beauty for our run game with Lamar and Branden both getting 150 yards rushing and Radcliffe getting 3 tds. Great run game but passing was a bummer.

Defense:
Looked kinda weak In my opnion. I thught they being rankd as a top 10 defense would put a stop on them in the first half but nope 4 fgs...we are lucky we were not playing a good offense to begin with. Devonte fields however was absolutely beasting last night.

Special Teams:
They did good blocked a punt but had some problems getting points on early, but ok effort.

I think we will be ranked 4. With Bama, Clemson, and OSU being ahead of us.

andycapps

Know how to tell next week is a shit schedule? Game day is going to western Michigan
Best game is probably LSU Florida and that wouldn't be happening except for all the madness early in the year.

Feel like this is the week they usually go to the top D2 schools.

New coaches poll

1 ALABAMA 10-0 1575 63 1 –
2 OHIO STATE 9-1 1495 – 5 +3
3 LOUISVILLE 9-1 1418 – 6 +3
4 MICHIGAN 9-1 1332 – 3 -1
5 CLEMSON 9-1 1318 – 2 -3
6 WISCONSIN 8-2 1231 – 7 +1
7 WASHINGTON 9-1 1190 – 4 -3
8 OKLAHOMA 8-2 1147 – 9 +1
9 WEST VIRGINIA 8-1 994 – 10 +1
10 PENN STATE 8-2 923 – 14 +4

HeySeuss

New coaches poll

1 ALABAMA 10-0 1575 63 1 –
2 OHIO STATE 9-1 1495 – 5 +3
3 LOUISVILLE 9-1 1418 – 6 +3
4 MICHIGAN 9-1 1332 – 3 -1
5 CLEMSON 9-1 1318 – 2 -3
6 WISCONSIN 8-2 1231 – 7 +1
7 WASHINGTON 9-1 1190 – 4 -3
8 OKLAHOMA 8-2 1147 – 9 +1
9 WEST VIRGINIA 8-1 994 – 10 +1
10 PENN STATE 8-2 923 – 14 +4

Interesting. Tuesday should be fun.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
So there are 22 spots for bowls left and 19 teams left fighting for proper bowl eligibility. We're gonna have more 5-7 teams go to bowls!

Know how to tell next week is a shit schedule? Game day is going to western Michigan

Gameday always goes to a G5 game once a year. Southern teams likes to schedule their cupcakes this late into seasons. Like, shit, Alabam is playing an FCS team (Chattanooga, 8-2)) North Carolina is playing an undefeated FCS team (The Citadel) but Kentucky is fucking playing a winless FCS team (Austin Peay). Fucking schedule that shit at the beginning of the fucking season.

ryseing

Gameday always goes to a G5 game once a year. Southern teams likes to schedule their cupcakes this late into seasons. Like, shit, Alabam is playing an FCS team (Chattanooga, 8-2)) North Carolina is playing an undefeated FCS team (The Citadel) but Kentucky is fucking playing a winless FCS team (Austin Peay). Fucking schedule that shit at the beginning of the fucking season.

It's a way of essentially getting a bye before rivalry week.

We're playing Miami while Carolina is playing an FCS team so that's a little frustrating.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So there are 22 spots for bowls left and 19 teams left fighting for proper bowl eligibility. We're gonna have more 5-7 teams go to bowls!

Does it really matter if they are scheduled earlier or later? A team benefits from playing a cupcake regardless, if you play them early it's just another tuneup/exhibition game before you hit the meat of the schedule.

Just not scheduling them at all would be better but even that has its problems, since a lot of those FCS teams rely on those payouts.

Does it really matter if they are scheduled earlier or later? A team benefits from playing a cupcake regardless, if you play them early it's just another tuneup/exhibition game before you hit the meat of the schedule.

Just not scheduling them at all would be better but even that has its problems, since a lot of those FCS teams rely on those payouts.

Yes it matters, because its essentially a second bye week.

Not that it matters because the second highest rated SEC team in the polls is #16 LSU.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yes it matters, because its essentially a second bye week.

Not that it matters because the second highest rated SEC team in the polls is #16 LSU.

But you get that effective bye week regardless. If anything it seems like it would be more valuable earlier in the season, Bama could have definitely used another week before the Ole Miss game to get things together. I don't see it as being all that beneficial unless a team has a very early bye, but Bama's was week 9.

Top Bottom