• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Assault Thread: Get Cross, taste Salt (SFxT Reality Show)

Kuugrr

3a5q6.png

Kamek

Poor haunts, but coming from nyc and playing in bodegas, I have seen a lot worse happen.

Amen. Even outside of CTF by the citibank, people used to scrap over the dumbest things.

I feel really bad for Miranda though. Everyone is like, "why didn't she speak up sooner" but if you look at the video, she seemed really uncomfortable with a lot of what was said and just tried to laugh it off to cover it up. I've seen people be bullied, and sometimes you don't know when or how to speak up in the moment, until someone else does it for you.

We're over 10k, time to have a update on the GAF Cross Assault Thread Hall of Shame

And the top 10 are....

2012-02-28_181404.jpg

I feel like I've posted a ton. But I'm only at 66, less than half of #10. If it wasn't for my job I think I would have been top 10 though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
this has really shown that by and large the fgc has the lowest average iq of any other gaming community, it's just amazing how consistently stupid everybody seems to be
Thanks buddy.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
We're over 10k, time to have a update on the GAF Cross Assault Thread Hall of Shame

And the top 10 are....

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l30/Rice-Eater/2012-02-28_181404.jpg[IMG]

I feel like I've posted a ton. But I'm only at 66, less than half of #10. If it wasn't for my job I think I would have been top 10 though.[/QUOTE]

No shame here. :P

GabbyJay

Ben's Lens Ben's Lens Ben's Lens
In terms of actual controversy, this is mid-tier. Darkprince pulling out a knife in a tournament, the GAMME scandal, etc. rank way higher.

In terms of going mainstream and getting blown out of proportion, this is probably the biggest.

Any tl;dr for an 2010 newbie?

sephi22

"Its on Penny Arcade. Its on PAX. PAX touches hundreds of thousands of people in East and West Coast."

No shit, Triforce. Its way bigger than that.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

And the top 10 are....

2012-02-28_181404.jpg

I feel like I've posted a ton. But I'm only at 66, less than half of #10. If it wasn't for my job I think I would have been top 10 though.

...... *ruh roh*

sephi22

Any tl;dr for an 2010 newbie?
I'm a 2010er too. But not having a job helps. :D

GAMME: Some dude promised the greatest anime+gaming convention and concerts in Florida. Promised every big international player. Made people register and book flights. Also made anti-MLG comments and turned people against MLG. Bailed at the last minute. This led to people not being able to cancel flights. Jebailey and Smash TOs swooped in and made a tourney last minute for these people. It was called Community Effort Orlando. Hence, CEO was born.

DarkPrince: Don't exactly know the details, but dude talked a lot of trash. People used to respect his Mahvel 2 skills, but he pulled a knife in a tourney and was forever banned from tournaments.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Whats odd about my post count is I go dark for hours on end(research,class, writing papers). However when im around i must post like a feind. Im embarrassed.

And let's just get it out there... Everyone likes to have fun in this community. If people want to dig ditches and graves to put people on blast... Let them.

That's not going to change the direction we aim to go. Or the drive I personally have, to make sure the community shines and takes care of it's players/the relationship between community and game companies. I love it too much to let it go South.

As always Markman we appreciate your hard work and dedication.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo MarkMan, are you gonna head up to Toryuken (Road to Evo event) up here in Toronto? Around beginning of May I believe.

TheChits

Who are you guys rooting for to be in the final four? I'm pulling for Josh, Steve, Hornett, and Dr. Sub. I respect Renic's skills, but the dude always seemed so annoyed when Valle was talking. That rubbed me the wrong way

Who are you guys rooting for to be in the final four? I'm pulling for Josh, Steve, Hornett, and Dr. Sub. I respect Renic's skills, but the dude always seemed so annoyed when Valle was talking. That rubbed me the wrong way

Pretty much the only one I am really pulling for is Josh, everyone else seems cool so having any of them in Top 4 would be fine by me.

I don't think Renic will get to the final four unless he's majorly improved his Abel play since last night. He's not following up stepkick properly.

TDLink

Oh god, Triforce wrote a "Guest article" for [banned site]:

http://**********.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172773

EDIT: didn't realize the site was banned, sorry. You can probably figure it out though.

Here is the text:

Triforce said:
Video Games are not E-sports. It's Digital Competitive Entertainment, like the WWE. Check out this formula that I’ve created. Trash talk videos = WWF promos. MvC2, MK and Curley Mustache Belts = Intercontinental, WWE and World Heavy Weight Belts. Money Matches = Money in the Bank. Diva's Championship = Ladies of Street Fighter. (Commentators) Jim Ross & Booker T = Yipes & Keth Sillian. Tag Team = 2 v 2 Teams. Royal Rumble = Pools. There is an Evolution video where Sanford said in the 2011 Evo vid, that it was WrestleMania for Fighting Games....then SBO would be the Japan division. I don't see how anyone could compare it any other way other than a structured competitive event. Yeah...it has elements of actual sports...but that's about it.

I created the formula back in 2002 when I founded Empire Arcadia. Throughout the years I’ve heard a lot of counter points to the formula such as actual sports is not being scripted, the system of the competition is not regulated and the referees are being distracted by looking the other way, etc. Be that as it may, both will always have comparisons that can be argued and neither will be dead on. However it leans more to WWE than anything else. That is not a bad thing either.

I think gamers need to stop depending on the legitimacy of “Sports” as a crutch in hoping that mainstream will accept gaming “Seriously”. Gaming has already eclipsed that threshold a long time ago. Gaming has been a culture since the early 80’s yet everyone is coming to realize it now, by trying to “legitimize” something that does not need any legitimacy.

What it needs is support and confidence from gamers around the world. Leagues like MLG, EVO and WCG to name a few; have pushed forward with their brand of competition during a time when competitive gaming was considered a high level risk and not very likely to expand beyond the boundaries of its community. They did it because they believed in their own ability to make it work. We need to support that effort and belief and stop worrying about the acceptance of professional sports. We don’t need their acceptance, we just need to structure it professionally and it will be professional.

And the top 10 are....

2012-02-28_181404.jpg

129 for me.

I got some work to do to make top 10

I agree always seemed agitated as if Valle was being stupid. Often he was, but you need to hide that from your coach.

Hornett seems pretty much to just be following the flow-chart to success. I expect it to come down to Josh and Steve, with Steve taking it. To be honest I have not really been all that impressed with Josh's play so far. Will not really know till the pressure is on who really has it though.

sephi22

I don't know what to do with my life after Final Round ends.

I'm hoping for some new Marvel technology at FR so that we can get some solid theory fighting and lab time in the Ultimate thread.
Also, SFxT will hit in a week and everyone will get busy playing it.

Top Bottom