• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curleh Mustache Tournament Series Vol. 6 - Curleh West | UMvC3 Invitational | July 7

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
curlehwest1.png

Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3 | Vol. 4 | Vol. 5

What?
This is the sixth volume of the Curleh Mustache Tournament Series hosted by BT
VxG EMP
IFC Yipes and TeamSp00ky. A high roller MvC3 tournament series, now going strong for over a year now, with this one being the fifth of UMvC3. Every match is 3 games out of 5, as this is now the de facto standard for UMvC3 with unanimous agreement amongst players.

25$ entry for those invited and 10$ venue/spectator fee is in place for Curleh Mustache Vol. 5. The payout is unknown at this point in time, but the previous Curleh Mustache Series had the winner taking home the entire pot.

The main event this time around is a runback from EVO 2012 Grand Finals, between col. Filipino Champ and 1ATK LXG Infrit.

Where?
At The Zot Zone at the University of California Irvine (UCI).

Or, like most of us, watch the live stream here with fellow GAFers on TeamSp00ky's Twitch.tv Channel. [NOW LIVE]

When?
Sunday, July 7th, 2013 from 2PM PDT (5PM EDT) to midnight.​

Who?

Why?
Do you need any other reason?

The first Curleh Mustache Series was overflowing with hype and new tech, including the infamous Quicksilver glitch found at the end of MvC3's lifespan. But new game, renewed hype.

The second Curleh Mustache Series was no slouch either, with a metric ton of hype as well. Parallax Scroll brought the hype too with the incredible Stream Monster Bingo that took the GAF experience to the next level.

The third Curleh Mustache Series was.. disappointing. It was plagued with typical Twitch East Coast server issues, eventually causing the main stream to shut down entirely once we got higher up in the brackets. Didn't help it ended with a 3-way pot split for the Top 3 either.

The fourth Curleh Mustache Series was a return to form, being the first West Coast Curleh Mustache tournament. It gave Filipino Champ, the winner, the last bit of momentum he needed before going on to win EVO afterwards, after a very shaky and controversial Grand Finals against Dios X.

The fifth Curleh Mustache Series returned to the East Coast at the Next Level, and spotlighted Moons and Unkn0wn as rising stars in the game, as well as occurring during the winner, AGE NYChrisG's rise to dominance with his newly christened Morrigan/Dr. Doom/Vergil team and sponsorship.

If you like high level Marvel play, you would be a fool to miss out the Curleh Mustache Series.

Previous winners of Curleh Mustaches:
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 1: UVG Noel Brown
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 2: BT MarlinPie
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 3: BT MarlinPie
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 4: col. Filipino Champ
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 5: AGE NYChrisG

Parallax Scroll wasn't able to whip up a Bingo card this time around, so I did:

irbHhYa95YA4U.png

---

ibys3hNAFI3ved.gif
ibys3hNAFI3ved.gif

ibjds6Aua9vNv.gif

GET HYPE!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also note international players are invited like the last WC Curleh (still no EC though):

A&C XSK Samurai (Canada)
Bee (Canada)
DM Xian (Singapore)
EM Taekua (Mexico? Maybe not anymore?)
KaneBlueRiver (Chile)
WhiteBlack (France?)

Anyone know where WhiteBlack is right now? Is he in Cali yet?

vulva

Also note international players are invited like the last WC Curleh (still no EC though):

A&C XSK Samurai (Canada)
Bee (Canada)
DM Xian (Singapore)
EM Taekua (Mexico? Maybe not anymore?)
KaneBlueRiver (Chile)
WhiteBlack (France?)

Anyone know where WhiteBlack is right now? Is he in Cali yet?
isn't xsk samurai from norcal?

Dahbomb

The Wesker QS gif never gets old. Its like he's about to go into Jesus mode and break the game with heavenly powers.

Dahbomb

It's a shame the fgtv house is gone. That place was packed leading up to evo.
It lives on in spirit. We still have been getting quality matches all week long on the FGTV stream.

Also let's come up with some bingo slots:

FChamp says "My Dormammu dawg"
Magus talks shit about a lower tier character on commentary
International player makes top 8
"This is the game we play!"
New tech showcased
Hidden Missiles Grand Finals
Mic cuts out due to hype
Apologyman does not let the other person play the game

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It lives on in spirit. We still have been getting quality matches all week long on the FGTV stream.

Also let's come up with some bingo slots:

FChamp says "My Dormammu dawg"
Magus talks shit about a lower tier character on commentary
International player makes top 8
"This is the game we play!"
New tech showcased
Hidden Missiles Grand Finals
Mic cuts out due to hype
Apologyman does not let the other person play the game
I guess I'll whip one together if Parallax Scroll isn't doing it. Some good ones here. Keep 'em coming!

dude's not even A&C, he's AC
My bad, I could've sworn someone has a similar name up here.

I-hate-u

I haven't been playing or keeping up with the Marvel community for a while. Did any new tech surface after ECT5?

MrDaravon

Paul Kugler ‏@koogyplz 7m
Someone please get a hold of Whitebl4ck and get him the address for Curleh? He sent an e-mail through my support system w/ no return address

Is this the same player that won NBLC this past week? If so, rad.

Top Bottom