• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curleh Mustache Tournament Series Vol.11 - NorCal | UMvC3 Invitational | July 5

Makki

Whats the point of that app besides giving some guy money for telling you what restaurants are around you lol

smurfx

get some go again
apology man free to morrigan, champ free to chris g's morrigan. wonder who is going to advance the furthest out of these 3 guys. zero and justin wong are the wild cards.

FChamp picked her to counter pick Firebrand. He would not have won the tournament with that Morrigan if he played her all the way through.
Exactly correct. That was not great Morrigan play.

However, Firebrand is really limited in his answers to that matchup, and ApologyMan doesn't have any tricks to take out Doom. He could have played it better, though. Having Doom assist makes it worse, unfortunately.

Props to both players for a good set.

Dahbomb

Winners should not be allowed to go back to the character select screen.

There is no precedence for this other than it's really fucking annoying for everyone involved.

Props to both players for a good set.
Eh... it was a good set until the bracket reset. Then FChamp kept doing his mind games and I was disappointed that Apologyman actually fell for that (and fell for it hard going 4-0). Same stuff that FChamp used to get the win over Infrit at EVO.

Apologyman got to face FChamp's Morrigan twice before in Winner Finals and beat her two straight so he knows how to fight against FChamp's Morrigan. It's just that his flow/momentum was cut from underneath him.

Dreavus

There is no precedence for this other than it's really fucking annoying for everyone involved.

Noticed that the second time he did it. Shit is really annoying.

Hell, it shouldn't even make you re-pick your team if you choose "rematch". (Shout-outs to Mike Z fighting game design.)

I'd like to thank Yipes, TastySteve and Eat24 for one of the best streams I've watched in many, many years.

Did you guys notice that every time they cut back to the commentators after the Eat24 ad, Yipes was making an :O face? Gold.

Fun tourney.

smurfx

get some go again

there needs to be rules against this. it's really bothered me when i've seen it in other matches.

Nyoro SF

There should also be a rule against the loser going back to character select and picking your same team... over... and over... and over again. If you want to think, think at the rematch screen. Stop wasting everyone's time.

Top Bottom