• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curleh Mustache Tournament Series Vol.10 - Curleh South | UMvC3 Invitational | June 7

I wish he would've kept with the infinite. That shit was soooooo lame, but awesome. I wanna see someone get really far in Evo just doing that. Land one hit and set up the infinite and win by timeout every single time.

Dahbomb

At least we got to see that infinite...

For those that don't know... that Spencer infinite is one of the very rare true infinites in the game (no TAC essentially) but it does like no damage. It's 100% a stall infinite... theoretically Spencer could win off of first touch and not have your other 2 characters even be a factor by winning through time out. If it's not banned in tournaments it makes Spencer a top 5 character free because it makes him a Firebrand-esque type character...

Only 1000000x worse to watch.

Seyavesh

At least we got to see that infinite...

For those that don't know... that Spencer infinite is one of the very rare true infinites in the game (no TAC essentially) but it does like no damage. It's 100% a stall infinite... theoretically Spencer could win off of first touch and not have your other 2 characters even be a factor by winning through time out. If it's not banned in tournaments it makes Spencer a top 5 character free because it makes him a Firebrand-esque type character...

Only 1000000x worse to watch.

if rubeks can't hit it consistently nobody can hit it

so it's fine

Seyavesh

Nah he can hit it. He has done that before (timed out someone with Spencer at nearly full time on the clock).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p16xnl_HmVU

It's definitely not fine even if it's a very hard execution. It's the same mentality that leads to "TAC infinites are fine" or "Zero loops are fine". Someone always is able to attain the execution to do it.

im actually off camera in that vid lol

i've never seen him hit it fully since that

i think all those things are fine too btw. not in a 'this is fine for gameplay balance/design' idea, but rather competitive ideal which doesn't ban anything that isn't strictly literally breaking the game system by completely eliminating the possibility to win without any input from the winner's side (so, snap glitch would be fine to me -if- you didn't have to only kill one guy to win but nova speed tackle peace out would still be gone because it freezes the game in a winning state with no input and no chance of change)

basically i guess i have the mentality you disagree with for this case

like i'm someone who firmly believes the game would actually become a legit and good game if vergil, morrigan and zero were banned but it's also against my belief in the 'ruleset' of competitive games so yeah

Dahbomb

Gotta ban Doom too if you want to see some legit Marvel.

which doesn't ban anything that isn't strictly literally breaking the game system by completely eliminating the possibility to win without any input from the winner's side
By your definition, the Spencer infinite would be banned.

Seyavesh

Gotta ban Doom too if you want to see some legit Marvel.

By your definition, the Spencer infinite would be banned.

i actually don't have a major problem with doom with lesser teams 'cuz all the other teams outside of the top 3 who use him (most of 'em) have ways of dealing with the other guy's doom assist one way or the other

rather than breaking the game apart he's more like the focal point, if that makes sense

also i mean literally no input, not 'no mental input', idk if i made that clear enough

but whatevs this is a thread about curleh and man i really wish i had the brackets im super curious on whats been happening offstream

edit: omg pikachu is still in yesssss

Sigmaah

Was that the same Terry bogard from XBL? anyone know? cause if so... LMAO THAT'S THE GUY WHO TALKS MAD SHIT TO ME FOR PLAYING ZERO?!? LOLOLOL. These dudes son...

Dahbomb

Magneto + Doom Missiles is still pretty damn insane and will shit over everything that isn't team Nemo. Same for Dormammu setting up Missiles and just chipping you out completely. You also still have his bull shit Plasma Beam with characters like Wolverine.

Nah that character is busted... if you start banning characters he is top 4 characters to ban absolutely free. Too much brain dead shit on him like easy high damaging combos, easy OTGs, easy raw tag combos, easy TAC infinites, dumb as hell Foot Dive. Banning those other characters basically makes Doom an auto pick because that's 3 less characters that Doom has to worry about match up wise.

Was that the same Terry bogard from XBL? anyone know? cause if so... LMAO THAT'S THE GUY WHO TALKS MAD SHIT TO ME FOR PLAYING ZERO?!? LOLOLOL. These dudes son...

Yeah I believe it's the same one. He was using the same team. I loved playing that guy. We would talk so much shit back and forth. It's funny because we both run the Dante/Strider shell but different point characters that both zone.

Magneto + Doom Missiles is still pretty damn insane and will shit over everything that isn't team Nemo. Same for Dormammu setting up Missiles and just chipping you out completely. You also still have his bull shit Plasma Beam with characters like Wolverine.

Nah that character is busted... if you start banning characters he is top 4 characters to ban absolutely free. Too much brain dead shit on him like easy high damaging combos, easy OTGs, easy raw tag combos, easy TAC infinites, dumb as hell Foot Dive. Banning those other characters basically makes Doom an auto pick because that's 3 less characters that Doom has to worry about match up wise.

Magneto Missiles is definitely good but I just feel that there are so few people that can play it well. Champ is the only player that is consistent with them. Even Neo gets bopped a lot because he doesn't protect Doom well enough in my opinion.

But I also play Chris, so I get decent results against mid level (sometimes high level) Mag/Doom players.

Dahbomb

Magneto Missiles is definitely good but I just feel that there are so few people that can play it well. Champ is the only player that is consistent with them. Even Neo gets bopped a lot because he doesn't protect Doom well enough in my opinion.

But I also play Chris, so I get decent results against mid level (sometimes high level) Mag/Doom players.
You guys were talking about banning MorriDoom so I thought that you were taking player skill into equation. Otherwise only ChrisG really wins tournaments with MorriDoom, other players with that composition get bopped.

Oh boy Zero mirror incoming...

You guys were talking about banning MorriDoom so I thought that you were taking player skill into equation. Otherwise only ChrisG really wins tournaments with MorriDoom, other players with that composition get bopped.

Oh boy Zero mirror incoming...
Yeah I suppose. I just think MorriDoom is waaaaaaaaayyyyyy more obnoxious than Mags/Doom, and way easier to win with. I mean my MorriDoom is dogshit and I can win just because I can spam Soul Fists very well. My conversions are garbage though.

Definitely not saying it's an easy team to use, which is why so many fraud players get bopped, but I think it's much easier than Mags/Doom
Flocker's going to win this, isn't he? *sigh* Something about that guy just rubs me the wrong way.

The man boobs

I just find him boring to watch.
Flocker's Hawkeye is legit as hell. And his Zero is fun to watch at times.

Top Bottom