• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curleh Mustache Tournament Series Vol.4 - West Coast Edition | UMvC3 Invitational

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Listening to FChamp talk...he was upset because this dude wasn't as predicable (clean as he put it) and that threw him off his game.

Really? Dude made it to Grand Finals, beat FChamp, Justin and others to make it and you're mad because you feel for his stuff? You weren't mentally challenged enough?

Perhaps people should random him out more?

Dude probably just made the target on his back that much bigger.

Speaking of randomed out, I bet Noel will end up with that fate. Just a hunch.

Mr. Fix

AloyN.jpg

Holy SHIT! Wha- Why would yo-
:lol:lol:lol

rexor0717

No Vergil, Wesker, or Zero in top 8.

I was really pleased with the diversity of characters. I gotta say, Dios X's Doom isn't very impressive. He had some good hit confirms, but his combos just seemed lacking. Like he would only corner loop twice, or used far to many lights (more than 1) when not necessary. Good to see him go far, but I think he should step up that aspect of his game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Listening to FChamp talk...he was upset because this dude wasn't as predicable (clean as he put it) and that threw him off his game.

Really? Dude made it to Grand Finals, beat FChamp, Justin and others to make it and you're mad because you feel for his stuff? You weren't mentally challenged enough?

Fchamp admiting he can't handle people that play the style I do. Fchamp could call him random and he was that's his style. The skill factor comes into play when you can do the random shit and convert it on the spot. I can tell DiosX had a Flowchart, but as Champ put it, he throws up quarters in the air and just lets it pick itself. He doesn't follow his flow chart he just goes LETS TRY THIS TECHNIQUE NOW LOL

Even though it was kinda smh worthy (and funny) how he went in on Dios, I can see what champ was getting at. When you play someone who plays rather derpy, it can bring you out of your element. If you are a tourney player I would expect you not to let that happen though. If you get randomed, you have to hold dat l.

Dahbomb

I was really pleased with the diversity of characters. I gotta say, Dios X's Doom isn't very impressive. He had some good hit confirms, but his combos just seemed lacking. Like he would only corner loop twice, or used far to many lights (more than 1) when not necessary. Good to see him go far, but I think he should step up that aspect of his game.
Yeah he used to have the better Dooms in Vanilla back when very few people played the character. Now that more and better players have picked up Doom his Doom sort of feels lackluster now. Still pretty solid though overall.

Yeah he used to have the better Dooms in Vanilla back when very few people played the character. Now that more and better players have picked up Doom his Doom sort of feels lackluster now. Still pretty solid though overall.

Like Marlin's Doom...its like he placed a cheat code on that shit.

rexor0717

I'm just surprised he hasn't brought it up to the standard level. His Wolverine was really impressive though. Really relentless, and made excellent use of the drones. I don't know if he planned it, but he did a back throw and bounced him off the sent drones, combo-ing without an OTG. That was super legit, but just an example. His sentinel was as solid as a sentinel can be. Take away all the shit away, yeah, some of the criticisms Champ put out were valid, but if it nearly beat him before he pulled some shady mind games, then it seems valid enough.

DiosX's lame Doom is really effective though, even though he didn't use it much today. In fact there wasn't a whole lot of lame at the tournament today. Probably why Wolverine was able to do so well.

Beth Cyra

Given Yipes's reaction to Swiss Cheese being mentioned as tool to actually beat Helm Breaker, and then his off handed comment that we will be seeing Vigil's swords being addressed I have to imagine one of them is the Swiss Cheese.

He was very cagey and really didn't want to respond to who ever brought it up (was it James? I think it was) but that is just a guess so we will see.

Regarless I'm not expecting any really awesome Wolverine tech, I would like to be surprised but I just don't see it. That said, really turning on the juice and making him move is great and peope are doing it even better like Justin chasing down Harddrive or Diox going full screen for an OTG with him.

ArecxP

Banned
Losing to an unorthodox player is like losing to an online spammer. The salt will be strong.

I know your feel Champ...now can you finally run that Royal Rumble I donated to? ;_; i want a 30$ stick. I probably won't donate after that because it's been almost a week and I stopped caring once it became FGTV because everything is "donate, donate, donate" now. Meh, only did it because I had some extra money and 30$ stick is cool.

Grakl

I hate to say anybody is ever sandbagging, but, seriously, there is no way JWong is doing anything with Iron Fist at EVO, heh. Maybe the few beginning matches in pools, but that's it.

Given Yipes's reaction to Swiss Cheese being mentioned as tool to actually beat Helm Breaker, and then his off handed comment that we will be seeing Vigil's swords being addressed I have to imagine one of them is the Swiss Cheese.

He was very cagey and really didn't want to respond to who ever brought it up (was it James? I think it was) but that is just a guess so we will see.

Wait, clarify on this?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It doesn't help that FChamp is a heel. :p

but doesn't everyone hate Viscant, too?

I believe they hate his team, not him.

...so you're saying playing Jean Grey makes you a scumbag?

There are a few scumbag characters in the game. People are getting hype now because they haven't seen it much but firebrand when played with retarded accuracy is one of them. People just hate phoenix because the moments she wins is really underwhelming looking, getting her to DP and pulling a win at high levels in UMvC3 isn't as easy as it used to be though. But who gives a fuck the goal in the game is to win not look awesome.

I'd say the scumbag crew of the game is
Virgil
Zero
Cviper
Firebrand
Phoenix
Wolverine
Skrull
MODOK

Nothing wrong with using them and guess what most of them are a fucking top character. Hop on that shit if you like them and who gives a fuck what anyone thinks.

...so you're saying playing Jean Grey makes you a scumbag?

Playing Jean Grey doesn't make you a scumbag, but it does make you a scumbag UMvC3 player to a certain extent. You need to separate personal attacks on a player's character from attacks on a player's skill, F Champ insulted Dios X's UMvC3 skill, intelligence and appearance all in one go.

Viper, Modok and Zero "may" be scumbag characters, but with the three of them you need God like execution and with Modok by himself if he doesn't get the right set-ups he's borderline useless. You need a high skill level to do anything with Modok. Then both Zero and Viper are low lifers I fail to see how they could ever be seen as scumbag characters.

Phoenix is the definition of a scumbag character that certain types of players gravitate to. I can't see how they even relate.

Dahbomb

You don't need godlike execution with Zero. Phoenix takes way more skill to play than Zero. You have to out play your opponent to even guarantee Dark Phoenix and even then it's not free at all.

LMAO @ calling Justin's Wolverine week 1.

lol @ softserve champ.

Couldn't hold his salty ego back, and put his little stain on a great event.

Yipes is magical on the mic. CF was as well.

Vice

Viper, Modok and Zero "may" be scumbag characters, but with the three of them you need God like execution and with Modok by himself if he doesn't get the right set-ups he's borderline useless. You need a high skill level to do anything with Modok. Then both Zero and Viper are low lifers I fail to see how they could ever be seen as scumbag characters.

Phoenix is the definition of a scumbag character that certain types of players gravitate to. I can't see how they even relate.

If having lowlife means a character isn't a scumbag then even with dark mode Jean is nowhere near scumbag status. Requires playing the game in a completely different way as well.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Only caught the end. Still surprised dios x made it that far. It"lll be like degen making it to GF in the GAF tourney.

smurfx

get some go again
i never thought dios x was some scrub player. anybody that says so is full of shit. yeah he doesn't have godlike doom combos but he does what it takes to win. btw i'm not saying degen is a scrub. :p

edit: btw kadey dios x does pretty well every time he goes to the runback so you shouldn't be surprised to see him do well.

jbug617

Banned
Spooky started to upload CM4 on YouTube.

edit: sounds like the FGTV is going to be crazy the next couple of days with Zak, Yipes, Marlinpie and the Japanese players.

Top Bottom