• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curleh Mustache Tournament Series Vol.5 | UMvC3 Invitational | November 24

Dahbomb

The key word: I bolded it for you.
He wasn't always covered by missiles when he was doing it at the tournament. The other player was always expecting missiles to come down but they didn't so Vergil just calmly sheath his sword.

Yipes would've murdered that Vergil play.

Sarcasm not aimed at you. Should've made it clearer, sorry!
He wasn't always covered by missiles when he was doing at the the tournament. The other player was always expecting missiles to come down but they didn't so Vergil just calmly sheath his sword.

Yipes would've murdered that Vergil play.

And that's their fault for not catching on. And stop talking like a Scooby-Doo villain!

Dahbomb

Best team in the game for now.
LOL no. One hit on Morrigan by a good Viper/Strider or Zero/Dante/Strider team is going to put the pressure on Vergil when he comes in naked. A viper unblockable on Vergil is guaranteed. Then you just have to deal with Doom at the end.

Noel really choked that away. So many poor decisions. He had Morrigan almost every game, and then botched it. Like Dahbomb said, once Morrigan goes down, Vergil should follow, and then Doom vs. Noel's team should be free.

LOL no. One hit on Morrigan by a good Viper/Strider or Zero/Dante/Strider team is going to put the pressure on Vergil when he comes in naked. A viper unblockable on Vergil is guaranteed. Then you just have to deal with Doom at the end.

True. All those players that are able to kill off his Morrigan should totally do that.

Dahbomb

Sarcasm not aimed at you. Should've made it clearer, sorry!

And that's their fault for not catching on. And stop talking like a Scooby-Doo villain!
I don't know what you are trying to do here. I knew ChrisG was going to win this easily and I recognize that he was easily the best there. I am pointing out flaws in his Vergil play, no different then when Morrigan players pointed out his faults early on. Yea it's the fault of the other players too for not picking up on it or developing proper counter teams. I am just saying someone is going to pick up on it like others have in the past.

Dahbomb

Bolded the important part. How many people fit that criteria? You're talking like they're a dime a dozen.
I never said that many people fit into the criteria, I was contesting that this was the best team in the game by providing an example of how a particular team can steamroll it.

jbug617

Banned
NEC should be a good test for Chris's new team. Most of the top players will be there and they are gunning to stop that Morrigan/Doom.

Yea it's the fault of the other players too for not picking up on it or developing proper counter teams. I am just saying someone is going to pick up on it like others have in the past.
Maybe people will finally stop complaining about him being a "hype-killer" when/if it ever happens.
I never said that many people fit into the criteria, I was contesting that this was the best team in the game by providing an example of how a particular team can steamroll it.
But someone has to actually man that team and prove themselves with it before you can actually declare it as a better team.

Dante/Strider, Viper/Strider, and Vergil/Strider all do well against the team but that doesn't mean that first hit will be easy to get. But other than those duos this team destroys everything else including pheonix. So yeah I do think it's the best team right now.

edit: Viscant
To answer the 400 emails I just got, the answer is yes. Morrigan/Vergil/Doom is the best team in the game. Stray fireball for 1.05m? Cheap!

The problem comes in landing 1sthits. Viper/Strider is great but that 1st hit is hard. That's the area to attack though. Win early/lose late.

NEC should be a good test for Chris's new team. Most of the top players will be there and they are gunning to stop that Morrigan/Doom.

I think Chris G can lose NEC and still be considered the #1 player ATM. I know Canada Cup was a pretty big outlier, but that was mainly a AE tournament. Weird thing about Chris that I've notice is that he usually peaks during the winter months and fade out around Spring time. I wonder if he can keep this up all the way till the next EVO.

Dahbomb

Noel really choked that away. So many poor decisions. He had Morrigan almost every game, and then botched it. Like Dahbomb said, once Morrigan goes down, Vergil should follow, and then Doom vs. Noel's team should be free.
The 3rd game I believe when he had only Doom vs 3 characters was the point where he got mindfucked. Before things were going his way, he got touch on Morrigan, obliterated Vergil on incoming and then lamed out Doom. When Chris got that Doom comeback Noel's momentum was over.

Noel's team is ill equipped against that team, he did the best he could. He basically gets only one shot at the start to beat ChrisG and then it's over. Teams with Vajra have multiples chances to get touch on her or at least break her flow by making her block.

The 3rd game I believe when he had only Doom vs 3 characters was the point where he got mindfucked. Before things were going his way, he got touch on Morrigan, obliterated Vergil on incoming and then lamed out Doom. When Chris got that Doom comeback Noel's momentum was over.

Noel's team is ill equipped against that team, he did the best he could. He basically gets only one shot at the start to beat ChrisG and then it's over. Teams with Vajra have multiples chances to get touch on her or at least break her flow by making her block.
I was mind blown when he swapped to Frank West. That Tatsu was the only thing keeping him going.

Dahbomb

Fuck Hidden Missiles. Enhances your bull shit while negating other people's bull shit. I may not agree yet on that team being best in the game (that shit changes on a monthly basis in this game anyway) but Hidden Missiles is the best assist in the game, no one can ever convince me otherwise.

Fuck Hidden Missiles. Enhances your bull shit while negating other people's bull shit. I may not agree yet on that team being best in the game (that shit changes on a monthly basis in this game anyway) but Hidden Missiles is the best assist in the game, no one can ever convince me otherwise.
Viscant thinks it's the best:
https://twitter.com/JayViscant/status/272598947640516608

He also agrees with you about the Viper/Strider possibility. All of his Tweets from tonight are interesting reads, actually.

Well like I said best team in the game is something a lot of people are quick to jump on. Viscant made that huge ass post about team tiers, there was no M/V/D as best in the game in that post. Hell not too long ago people were saying Morrigan/Magneto/Doom and Magneto/Vergil/Doom were best (and before that ZMC).

http://www.brokentier.com/blogs/news/6103286-viscants-umvc3-team-tier-list-part-1-of-3

Jay Snyder ‏@JayViscant
@angel1025x Everything in Marvel is temporary. IMO it's the best team for now but someone might find something better. That's the fun part

mr. puppy

Banned
just caught the archives. ChrisG still has a long way to go with Vergil, but everybody in the damn tournament refuses to get teams that beat Morridoom. WTF is wolv/wesker/akuma doing in the finals noel, you can do much better than that. Pick up fucking hawkeye already.

just caught the archives. ChrisG still has a long way to go with Vergil, but everybody in the damn tournament refuses to get teams that beat Morridoom. WTF is wolv/wesker/akuma doing in the finals noel, you can do much better than that. Pick up fucking hawkeye already.

He also has a Spencer/Doom/Dorm team, he should look into using that too

Wolvie/Wesker/Akuma all gets bodied by Doom. Wolvie and Akuma is like 4-6 while Wesker is like 3-7 against Doom. They all have very few options against finger laser + foot dive. That's why J Wong got boded 3-0 by Chris G at UFGT too, he had Storm who is free to Doom too. He was able to kill Morrigan in all 3 games but had no idea how to deal with Chris G's Doom. That's the problem, people all talk about anti-Morrigan tech but how many people think of how to beat Chris G's other 2 characters? That's why they are all free to Chris G.

Can't help but feel that PR Rog's team is probably much better equipped to beat Chris G than any of the Wolvie team ATM.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
XQBfR.gif
XQBfR.gif
XQBfR.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just watched the Grand Finals... wow that was Sigma Fray
XQBfR.gif

And for those blaming Morrigan: Chris 'Genius' G took two matches without Morrigan.

kirblar

The problem is that Morrigan is rare (likely due to the obnoxious execution required), and thus most people don't want to put the effort into metagaming against essentially one person.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The problem is that Morrigan is rare (likely due to the obnoxious execution required), and thus most people don't want to put the effort into metagaming against essentially one person.
You have to though. I think more of the problem is having enough experience vs. Morrigans. One is Chris G who is pretty exclusive as is and might play a troll team against you the one time you do get to play, and the other is JRosa who only goes to The Break more often than not, a weekly with 10-15 entrants every week.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire

i still think her Soulfist has too much priority points, its the same as an Arthur Lancer.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I'm tryin to watch the archive, but this one announcer is really ruining it. I've skipped ahead and it seems like he is on the whole time. I dunno who he is, but how did the stream monsters not ridicule him off the mic? He just keeps shouting the same things over and over.

edit: i guess it's chris matrix. He's the worst.

And for those blaming Morrigan: Chris 'Genius' G took two matches without Morrigan.
I doubt anyone could even make top 4 while using a Morrigan without Hidden Missiles at a major tournament.

i still think her Soulfist has too much priority points, its the same as an Arthur Lancer.
Which is the same as Hadoken...so?

I like how everyone is complaining about Morrigan, when Doom is the fucking problem.
People who spend their lives playing videogames usually aren't the brightest folks.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Let's talk about how the metagame will be consolidated in a few years and how people are too dumb to not pick the right characters like I do as I sit in my computer chair and eat these delicious cheetos.

Or MODOK, Dorm, Strider, Viper.

Here is what sanford says. lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYjJCYndA7Q

If DOOM is the problem then any team with H. missles should be dominating..?

Top Bottom