• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curleh Mustache Tournament Series Vol.10 - Curleh South | UMvC3 Invitational | June 7

Bummed to see Bogard go out, he did really well in that first set.

Anyone else think Flocker will be a likely candidate for winning Evo this year?

Dahbomb

Bummed to see Bogard go out, he did really well in that first set.

Anyone else think Flocker will be a likely candidate for winning Evo this year?
He's a distant 5th spot for EVO in terms of winning it IMO.

He was the favorite to win this CM because he was the best player there. If CM had Justin, Chris or FChamp then he probably wouldn't have won. I feel that Flocker is the weakest of the gods and can potentially be eliminated before top 8 EVO.

I've pretty much only just got home for the first time in the day, how did the tournament go and what's the current result of the Mexico vs USA match?

Dahbomb

I've pretty much only just got home for the first time in the day, how did the tournament go and what's the current result of the Mexico vs USA match?
Marvel GAF's main online rival Terry Bogard grinds his way to Grand finals against Flocker, resetting the bracket forcing Flocker to use Dante's Jam Session for Morrigan counter pick. Flocker won in the end. Some great play, teams and tech was showcased all day long... a solid all around CM.

I think the 6v6 just started.

I'm gonna be honest, I'd be more surprised by a Team Mexico win than by a Flocker reverse ocv if he had been playing 100% serious.

Edit: Wait...wat how did Wolf just kill Flocker's Phoenix o_0

I'm gonna be honest, I'd be more surprised by a Team Mexico win than by a Flocker reverse ocv if he had been playing 100% serious.

Edit: Wait...wat how did Wolf just kill Flocker's Phoenix o_0

Photon Array is answered with Phoenix Inferno and after the dust settles Jean falls haha.

So cool Yipes did this, had no idea about the great Mexican players. Guero was too awesome.

Proud of my bro Wolf. Gotta invite him to a burger or something when he returns.

I hope he can actually go to Evo, he's been spending way too much money travelling to tournaments this year.

FSLink

Banned
Proud of Ryan for getting 3rd. Us guys in San Antonio were getting so hype.

Also shoutouts to Weeberman for having the most hype moment of the tourney. Iron Fist/Ryu/Akuma baby!

Flocker and Yipes are really cool in real life. Also good stuff on Terry Bogard for making it 2nd. I do dislike playing against him online since I can never seem to have a good connection with him and I get bopped by Dante hammer or Morrigan soul fists. :( I'll have to try to play him tomorrow at the Curleh After Party and see if I can go well against him in real life.

I also think nobody at Curleh South aside from Flocker's great Zero play (Yeah I know it's Zero but it's Texas, there's tons of Zeroes here) had an answer to the Morrigan astral vision soul fists.

for that doom/phoenix scenario, I believe that phoenix inferno doesn't clear the bottom finger lasers. So while doom gets hit, so does phoenix due to how long those lasers linger.

Negator

It was a bit crowded and hot as hell, but it was still fun to get hype in the crowd!

Someone recognized me browsing GAF on my phone in between games, lol

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
It was a bit crowded and hot as hell, but it was still fun to get hype in the crowd!

Someone recognized me browsing GAF on my phone in between games, lol

I wanted to go, but I've been to ultra and it's way small, I knew it would have been packed. Sounded like a good time though.

FSLink

Banned
I wanted to go, but I've been to ultra and it's way small, I knew it would have been packed. Sounded like a good time though.

It wasn't as bad since they had an outdoors setup going on this time around. Projector with the stream going on outside as well. Nowhere near as crazy as opening day despite probably around the same amount of people.

FSLink

Banned
Yup that was me. I'll be going again tomorrow and will play on whatever PS3 setups they have.

I'll be bringing my setup with the triple team stuff and my Avermedia Portable so I can record some matches. I'll likely be wearing my light up Iron Man shirt tomorrow, so hope to play some matches with ya.

Negator

I'll be bringing my setup with the triple team stuff and my Avermedia Portable so I can record some matches. I'll likely be wearing my light up Iron Man shirt tomorrow, so hope to play some matches with ya.

Sounds cool, but be warned, I am fucking awful at Marvel!

Uncle AJ

Just wanted to say seeing the reaction to Pikachu in here put a massive smile on my face. He's our boy from Kansas City and was part of our scene for over a year, eventually climbed the ladder to being the undisputed best around here, and just moved to Texas this week. So happy to see him get some huge recognition!

Top Bottom