• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curleh Mustache Tournament Series Vol.11 - NorCal | UMvC3 Invitational | July 5

Dahbomb

reason being?
Someone else found a team cheaper than his.

Real reason is that Apologyman's team doesn't allow PRRog's team to play because of the unblockable set up. Wolverine and Vergil have no options against it which means that Apologyman should win off of first touch every time against PRRog's team.

Valkyra

Banned
Someone else found a team cheaper than his.

Real reason is that Apologyman's team doesn't allow PRRog's team to play because of the unblockable set up. Wolverine and Vergil have no options against it which means that Apologyman should win off of first touch every time against PRRog's team.

I still double take every time I read that Wolverine and Vergil have no options. It's just ironic from two characters who take away other's options so efficiently.

Dahbomb

I still double take every time I read that Wolverine and Vergil have no options. It's just ironic from two characters who take away other's options so efficiently.
I meant Vergil/Wolverine don't have any options on incoming against it. Both of them can still fight Firebrand head on if they are given the opportunity.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I meant Vergil/Wolverine don't have any options on incoming against it. Both of them can still fight Firebrand head on if they are given the opportunity.

Yeah Wolverine has to eat it. If by the off chance that he can drill claw out of it in the beginning, which should not be possible due to how long the start up frames are.

Vergil by all means has no escape whatsoever on incoming so its GG's. I wish there was some way to stop it -_-

Seyavesh

it depends on the variation of the unblockable. vergil can j.s the non-meaty one and birthday skrull and firebrand, lol. (it usually trades to your escape though)

i thiiiink drill claw gets out of that one too but that's not mashable as easily (i guess you have no reason to not do it though)

both of them can pushblock ->button to trade vs the meaty one but of course all of this requires experience and practice which nobody really does 'cuz it's literally one guy who plays the team + it's pretty hard to do

i should make a vid some day

we got wrong super

ERnyrBP.png

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
it depends on the variation of the unblockable. vergil can j.s the non-meaty one and birthday skrull and firebrand, lol. (it usually trades to your escape though)

i thiiiink drill claw gets out of that one too but that's not mashable as easily (i guess you have no reason to not do it though)

both of them can pushblock ->button to trade vs the meaty one but of course all of this requires experience and practice which nobody really does 'cuz it's literally one guy who plays the team + it's pretty hard to do

i should make a vid some day

Expose Vineeth for the fraud that he is!

jacobs34

I haven't watched a Marvel tourney in a while, I'm honestly surprised this many top US FGC players still play this game.

Myn

Whats the deal with 1 player side? does apologyman have execution problems from p2 side?

Vineeth has a really hard time doing Firebrand's wall cling fireballs from p2 side so whenever he has a chance he'll always try to sit at p1. Champ's been aware of this so the metagame is he always tries to sit on p1 side first whenever they play.

jacobs34

What else is there to play if you like this kind of game?

Marvel 2? Haha. I don't know. It just seems that there are too many 50/50 setups that can lead to death. But it appears that top players still finish in the top spots, so more power to them. It's a lot of fun to watch. The commentary is cringeworthy though.

Top Bottom