• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curleh Mustache Tournament Series Vol.10 - Curleh South | UMvC3 Invitational | June 7

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
curlymustachesouth-1024x600.jpg

Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3 | Vol. 4 | Vol. 5 | Vol. 6 | Vol. 7 | Vol. 8 | Vol. 9

What?
This is the tenth volume of the Curleh Mustache Tournament Series hosted by IFC Yipes and TeamSp00ky. A high roller MvC3 tournament series, now going strong for over a year now, with this one being the fifth of UMvC3. Every match is 3 games out of 5, as this is now the de facto standard for UMvC3 with unanimous agreement amongst players.

25$ entry for those invited and 10$ venue/spectator fee is in place for Curleh Mustache Vol. 10. The payout is unknown at this point in time, but the previous Curleh Mustache Series had the winner taking home the entire pot.

Where?
At Ultra Arcade in San Antonio, Texas.

Or, like most of us, watch the live stream here with fellow GAFers on TeamSp00ky's Twitch.tv Channel.

When?
Saturday June 7th, 2014 from 2PM CDT (3PM EDT or noon PDT) to midnight.​

Who?

List of invited players via Yipes' website:

Texas
BucketHead
Jan
Danke
Terry Bogard
Scrubecks
Mihe
Jdog
AJ Tucker
Stone
Gox
Fonzo
Konstantine
BionicMike
Jayto
Nashfan
Evil Toaster
Cesar
Chimera
Ryan
Busby
Rylander
Stealth
Gottnoskill
Phantasy
Hypersurge
Young Chow
ET Omega
UCC Jinh
Thisgamesobroken
Jumpman
Oso
Mark Anthony
WA Weeberman
Elvergon
Alex-23

Florida
Flocker
Greenace
Marvelo
Full Schedule (P.S. You can use your buttons)
Flash Metroid
Asian Demon
Tong Lee
Prophete
Shoultzula
Mixup Mike
Atrocity
A$AP Ricky

Mexico
Wolf
Pony
Loschen
Frutsy
Gio
Cricer
Lingas
Yahiko
Hecrob
Jinx
Anabolic
TA Wero
JosiTACs
Rubas

Arkansas
Mike Weng

Missouri
Pikachu
Rex0r

Georgia
Toomuchdamage
Roachking
Sumvbrwnkid
Datvip
Jazzrap

Alabama
Potatosalad
Wandles

North Carolina
Will Richards
Kresent
Konfucious

Tennessee
Zayboo
Remy
Martin
Astaroth
Danno901

Kentucky
Kinderparty
StaticAlpha

Louisiana
Ranmasama
Joe Shyne
Eidolus
Evil Rahsaan aka HuggyBear
482 Vandlize

Oklahoma
Animefreak
Zohta
The Truthe

Kansas
Dr Gatorade
El Nino

Why?
Do you need any other reason?

The first Curleh Mustache Series was overflowing with hype and new tech, including the infamous Quicksilver glitch found at the end of MvC3's lifespan. But new game, renewed hype.

The second Curleh Mustache Series was no slouch either, with a metric ton of hype as well. Parallax Scroll brought the hype too with the incredible Stream Monster Bingo that took the GAF experience to the next level.

The third Curleh Mustache Series was.. disappointing. It was plagued with typical Twitch East Coast server issues, eventually causing the main stream to shut down entirely once we got higher up in the brackets. Didn't help it ended with a 3-way pot split for the Top 3 either.

The fourth Curleh Mustache Series was a return to form, being the first West Coast Curleh Mustache tournament. It gave Filipino Champ, the winner, the last bit of momentum he needed before going on to win EVO afterwards, after a very shaky and controversial Grand Finals against Dios X.

The fifth Curleh Mustache Series returned to the East Coast at the Next Level, and spotlighted Moons and Unkn0wn as rising stars in the game, as well as occurring during the winner, AGE NYChrisG's rise to dominance with his newly christened Morrigan/Dr. Doom/Vergil team and sponsorship.

If you like high level Marvel play, you would be a fool to miss out the Curleh Mustache Series.

Previous winners of Curleh Mustaches:
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 1: UVG Noel Brown
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 2: BT MarlinPie
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 3: BT MarlinPie
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 4 (West Coast Edition): col. Filipino Champ
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 5: AGE NYChrisG
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 6 (Battle Royale): Team New York (VxG EMP IFC Yipes, AGE NYChrisG, UVG Noel Brown, TA MOONS, MH RayRay)
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 7 (Southern California/West): Denial DiosX
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 8 (Battle Royale 2): Team California 1 (coL. Filipino Champ, EG PR Balrog, EG Justin Wong, MRN Marn, GoldenBoyNeo)
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 9 (Battle Royale 3): Team California (EG Justin Wong / RG Filipino Champ / EG PR Balrog / GoldenBoyNeo / VHS Cloud805)

---

ibys3hNAFI3ved.gif
ibys3hNAFI3ved.gif

ibjds6Aua9vNv.gif

GET HYPE!

SmokeMaxX

Unfortunately no Arkansas rep for this event since Mike's moving. They should probably try to have at least X (2 or 3?) number of reps per state.

Seyavesh

last minute complications made it so i can't go. you can cross me off the competitors list :\

i think besides probably sam im literally the only guy on the texas list not going

sighhhhhhhh

the arcade this is being hosted at is mega small btw - iirc it's less than 400 sq ft. so when the thing says that it's an indoor and outdoor event they are dead serious

RocBase

Awesome, looking forward to this as usual. I'll probably miss the first few hours assuming it even runs on time though.

Seyavesh

"Remy Martin" is one person, btw.

I'm hoping the AL/TN/GA crew does some damage.

if potato salad is from that area then he should do ok
according to friend he literally lost to nobody last night

buuuuut from my experience usually when that happens some bad shit goes down the next day and they do poorly but shrug

Between this, Spring Fighter, and Jeff Gerstmann's all day commute to E3, stream monstering is going to be as good as it would be during Evo.

Hype hype hype

SmokeMaxX

last minute complications made it so i can't go. you can cross me off the competitors list :\

i think besides probably sam im literally the only guy on the texas list not going

sighhhhhhhh

the arcade this is being hosted at is mega small btw - iirc it's less than 400 sq ft. so when the thing says that it's an indoor and outdoor event they are dead serious

I heard Young Chow isn't going.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Only found out that there was a Curleh today about three days ago.

Time to see some good ol' Top Marvel 3-only goodness once again.

SmokeMaxX

yeah that's me (hi max!)

even worse i just found out that i could've gone bc one of the major complications was actually totally wrong

saying i'm really mad is an extreme understatement
Haha that sux. Didnt know u were on gaf tho! Tell ur Texas buddies to beat Florida lol

galvatron

Had no idea this was happening or that there was new San Antonio arcade until yesterday. I'll definitely check out the arcade if I end up going to Pax out there.

Tekniqs

did this just start? numbers are pretty anemic still for a curleh tournament

lol "you're a big man" thinking the guy was asking yipes if he can use the bathroom

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
did this just start? numbers are pretty anemic still for a curleh tournament

lol "you're a big man" thinking the guy was asking yipes if he can use the bathroom
It's an invitational, Curlehs usually have ~40-50 people.

Also it's officially scheduled to start in half an hour.

EDIT: *dead* @ the Imperial March

Tekniqs

It's an invitational, Curlehs usually have ~40-50 people.

Also it's officially scheduled to start in half an hour.

EDIT: *dead* @ the Imperial March

no i mean anemic numbers on twitch. Curleh usually hits 15k+ doesn't it?

no shit stains on the sticks

MrDaravon

Holy shit who the fuck is this guy

I have legit never seen someone actually do the Viper level 3 in a tournament what the fuck

Edit: Full Schedule sent to losers first fucking match of the tournament waaaaaaaaat

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo Full Schedule is breaking the laws of physics with some of these C. Viper side switches.

Busby didn't come to play though

I have legit never seen someone actually do the Viper level 3 in a tournament what the fuck
I don't think I've seen it outside of maybe once when MarlinPie was fucking around.

EDIT: Yo fuck your death star

MrDaravon

I am legit mindfucked right now, some dude I have never heard of sends FS to losers first match with legit Morrigan play and Viper level 3? I was worried this CM was going to be kind of lackluster with the seemingly zero promotion it got, so glad I was wrong.

Seyavesh

Holy shit who the fuck is this guy

Edit: Full Schedule sent to losers first fucking match of the tournament waaaaaaaaat

dfw player, my training partner.

he did really good at final round but he's normally got ife responsibilities and shit so he doesnt travel much

tbh none of the dallas crew does but cheer for my boys if you see them because this probably will be the only 'big' tourney you will ever see them at: konstantine, busby, jayto, oso, jinh, hypersurge and dizgameizbroken

edit: other city texas players to look out for that people don't know about if they're there: AJ tucker, terry bogard, chimera, gotnoskill (if he's had time to practice), gox, stealth

and ofc the guys everyone knows too

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Busby didn't play around - I didn't want to see Full Schedule go to Losers that early, but it is what it is.

Top Bottom