• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curleh Mustache Tournament Series Vol.4 - West Coast Edition | UMvC3 Invitational

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
jbckWLOh0Sznsw.jpg

Vol.1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3

What?
Announcement Video

This is the fourth volume of the Curleh Mustache Tournament Series hosted by BT IFC Yipes and TeamSp00ky. A high roller MvC3 tournament series, with this one being the third of UMvC3. Every match is 3 games out of 5, as this is slowly becoming the standard for UMvC3 with unanimous agreement amongst players.

30$ entry for those invited and 10$ venue/spectator fee is in place for Curleh Mustache Vol.4. The payout is unknown at this point in time, but the previous Curleh Mustache Series had the winner taking home the entire pot.

The main events this time around are:
  • CVPR PR Balrog vs. AGE Knives FT7 Exhibition
  • No exhibitions :(

Who?

CLICK HERE FOR BRACKETS

List of invited players via BrokenTier:
WASHINGTON
Rattana
Rowtron
Truking
Stark

CALIFORNIA [NORCAL]
Ricky Ortiz
PR Balrog
F.Champ
Chunksta
Cj Showstopper
Dacid Bro
Mine
Xray
chrisis
Windzero
gc yoshi
honzo gonzo
Bronson Tran
Hi im Nasty
Drew Grimey
shady k
padtrick
Falcomist
Kbeast
Crispytacos
Snakedux
TastyLumpia

CALIFORNIA [SOCAL]
Justin Wong
Floe
Combofiend
Fanatiq
Knives
Richard nguyen
Tatsu
Andy Ocr
Tapebot
Clockw0rk
wentinel
Airtola
Y2j
Infrit
Royal Flush
Killer Kai
Upa
Dash
Pgorath
Marn
LLND
Neo
NoahTheProdigy
DJ Divine
Taylor The Kid

CALIFORNIA [San Diego]
Viscant
Dios X
Tokikko
MrCertified
Crisco
unprotectedSEX
Call2Arms

NEVADA
Ruin

ARIZONA
Angelic
Spiteful
Forward

SPECIAL GUESTS FROM AUSTRALIA
Antman
Somniac​

Why?
Do you need any other reason?

The first Curleh Mustache Series was overflowing with hype and new tech, including the infamous Quicksilver glitch found at the end of MvC3's lifespan. But new game, renewed hype.

The second Curleh Mustache Series was no slouch either, with a metric ton of hype as well. Parallax Scroll brought the hype too with the incredible Stream Monster Bingo that took the GAF experience to the next level.

The third Curleh Mustache Series was.. disappointing. It was plagued with typical Twitch East Coast server issues, eventually causing the main stream to shut down entirely once we got higher up in the brackets. Didn't help it ended with a 3-way pot split for the Top 3 either.

If you like high level UMvC3 play, you would be a fool to miss out the Curleh Mustache Series. This is also the last big UMvC3 event before Evolution World Championships 2012 occurring the following weekend. Follow along with GAF and help play the customary GAF Curleh Mustache Bingo, courtesy of Parallax Scroll:

buNsk.png

Previous winners of Curleh Mustaches:
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 1: UVG Noel Brown
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 2: MCZ AG MarlinPie
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 3: MCZ AG MarlinPie

Where?
At the Zot Zone at University of California, Irvine (Student Center Food Court Area).

Or, like most of us, watch the live stream here with fellow GAFers on TeamSp00ky's Twitch.tv Channel.​
The stream is currently LIVE!

When?
Sunday, July 1st, 2012 from 3PM (6PM EST) PST to midnight.​

---

ibys3hNAFI3ved.gif
ibys3hNAFI3ved.gif

ibjds6Aua9vNv.gif

GET HYPE!

sephi22

Thank you based US-uh.. Enzo!

Looking forward to GCYoshi's godlike Chris, Royal Flush's MODOK, and Zak Bennett!

I have a strong feeling that F. Champ will take this due to Marlinpie's absence.

Nice thread Enzo! Unfortunately stuck at work for the next 9 hours or so will go incognito when it starts and rush home to catch the archives.. so hype!!!

West Coast Edition so as far as I am aware no EC guys playing.

Edit: Dieminion probably going because BT is sponsoring.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm gonna trust your guys word; crossed out Fanatiq and Clockw0rk. If there are any other updates, please post so I can update OP.

Additionally, if there's any updates to the event that Yipes has posted on Facebook, let me know.

kirblar

Just snorted @ "Someone Loses To Noah" :D

Wouldn't be surprised to see Dieminion added to the playerlist here.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Been missing out on shit that happened earlier this week due to other things, but I'll be damned to miss out on this.

Top Bottom