• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Wise, god of game soundtracks, returns to the world of men (new samples inside)

Satch

Banned
i definitely think they should put this on itunes for sale

pokemon did really well there. to put things in perspective, it is currently higher on the itunes charts than Lady Gaga's ARTPOP, so that kinda shows that theres a market, no matter how small

Neiteio

World 3 boss is up!

I should probably stop listening to this stuff as it's uploaded and save some for the game
We're so close to Amiss Abyss... and Irate Eight... all of the Lockjaw Saga remixes... SO CLOSE.

Fry-WigOut.gif

botty

Banned

pokemon did really well there. to put things in perspective, it is currently higher on the itunes charts than Lady Gaga's ARTPOP, so that kinda shows that theres a market, no matter how small

cosign

Four more tracks until Irate Eight.

Three more until Amiss Abyss :3

4-1 is pretty good too, so watch out for that.

edit - Neiteio beating me to the punch yet again with that world 4 hype!

chadboban

And you've only heard some of the tracks from the first two worlds, a handful from the third, and one from the sixth (assuming you listened to everything in the OP).

Wait until you hear Amiss Abyss. *patiently waits for the song to hit the Web*

Seriously, Amiss Abyss made me cry. Not saying it'll affect you the same way, but in the context of the level especially, it's just so... Man.

I know exactly how you feel man, especially in the gameplay video 1:08 kicks in at just the right moment. The visuals complement the ambiance of that part so damn well, also helps that it starts just when you're diving deeper into the ocean. Honestly makes me feel like scuba diving into some underwater caves with every time I hear it.

image5a.jpg

Ties

Banned

sorry, but you deserve several warning points for posting such off topic, inflammatory material about the current queen of the rainforest

jomL1zcQGXvNi.png

Neiteio

I know exactly how you feel man, especially in the gameplay video 1:08 kicks in at just the right moment. The visuals complement the ambiance of that part so damn well, also helps that it starts just when you're diving deeper into the ocean. Honestly makes me feel like scuba diving into some underwater caves with every time I hear it.

image5a.jpg
Everyone should watch the video in your link.

Motherfucking goosebumps.

nkarafo

I noticed some people just discovered David Wise.

People, look up for his music. From NES games to DKC2 (his best work) up to Diddy Kong Racing.

Welcome to a new world. A better world.

Neiteio

I noticed some people just discovered David Wise.

People, look up for his music. From NES games to DKC2 (his best work) up to Diddy Kong Racing.

Welcome to a new world. A better world.
I'm glad you included Diddy Kong Racing, because I feel that OST deserves just as much praise as DKC2. It's a totally different tone, sure, but it's amaaaaaazing.

Neiteio

I just listened to what Fiktion passed along in a PM, and while it's appreciated (very much so), yeah, Xtortionist is right -- the sound quality isn't nearly as strong as the sound quality at the links in the OP. Waiting for Piplup on Amiss Abyss, then. :)

The Hermit

Yep, the new Bramble Blast (labeled "Twilight Terror" in the OP) is just fantastic. The choir... The choir! The flute-tweaking in the latter half (the "off" notes, although they're completely intentional) were a bit controversial at first, but like magic, it grows on you and I now wouldn't have it any other way.

Hahaha, it really does grow... and then the choir! It makes my eyes teary.

I'm really conflicted here. It's the music that got me hyped for this game in the first place and I want to hear it all right now, but on the other hand I also want to wait and experience it all myself on Friday. I mean I purposefully avoided listening to the 3D World soundtrack and it was so so worth it, but this games music is really hard to resist listening to!

I should probably just remove all possible ways of accessing the internet until the game is out.

I feel you man!

Think this way: when you get the game you will hear as it is intended, during gameplay. Also most of them are dynamic, so you will feel the full impact of the song.

I always play DKCR with music 100 and SFX 70 (I love that ost, but this one is leagues of distance and I've heard like 3 or 4 musics)

As much as I love David Wise, none of the new Tropical Freeze tracks have really jumped out at me as AWESOME like the DKC/DKC2 tracks did. That being said, they already remixed my two favorite tracks in DKCR so I guess I shouldn't be surprised I'm not going to get a David Wise take on them.

The first boss battle track is pretty much the highlight of everything I've listened to so far. Maybe it'll stand out more when I'm actually playing the game.

AoM

As much as I love David Wise, none of the new Tropical Freeze tracks have really jumped out at me as AWESOME like the DKC/DKC2 tracks did. That being said, they already remixed my two favorite tracks in DKCR so I guess I shouldn't be surprised I'm not going to get a David Wise take on them.

The first boss battle track is pretty much the highlight of everything I've listened to so far. Maybe it'll stand out more when I'm actually playing the game.

Same. That's why I hope they eventually release an official tracklist so I can go through all the tracks.

Hey guys, be sure to check out the audio interview in the OP. Really cool hearing David Wise talk about his work. :)

Watched it. For some reason, it made me envision a Wise, Kirkhope, Beanland podcast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAUOPHqx5Gs

mantidor

So... I'm the only one who feels the flute's out of tune? :/

Some amazing tracks in there but the flute gets odd sometimes...

entremet

LOL. I was calling my mom with one of the songs in the background and she loved it lol. She's totally not into games or anything tech related.

She thought it was a classical concert.

Top Bottom