• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling (PS2 classic) coming to US PSN next week

I remember spending a pretty penny on importing Fire Pro G on the PS1. I bought D on the Dreamcast, and all of the King of Colloseums on PS2. I miss those days where we had several wrestling games to choose from even if we had to import them. The Giant Gram series was also quite fun albeit it being on the arcade side.

Hopefully we get an HD version of Fire Pro or KOC if this sells well.

Send me your PS2 save (upload it to Zippyshare or something), and I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Haha, beaten I guess. Go for it, C-Drive. But I'll be happy to help if you need it.

It is indeed a PSV file. Hopefully it has all the characters and ring and not just my save data or some other such nonsense.

I've sent a PM to both of you (just in case).

When I had the BC PS3 it seemed like I could have multiple Virtual PS2 Memory cards. Playing around a bit with the saves and Fire Pro on the PS3 last night it seems to allow just the one PS2 save file. So I'm not sure if I can access a "Memory Card B" in order to keep the modern roster I got from Seraphis, and add all the old characters and rings that I'd been using on the PS2.

Hopefully there'll be a way for me to have my definitive roster. I'd like to see Chris Benoit (or him in his Pegasus kid persona) beat up John Cena.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It is indeed a PSV file. Hopefully it has all the characters and ring and not just my save data or some other such nonsense.

I've sent a PM to both of you (just in case).

When I had the BC PS3 it seemed like I could have multiple Virtual PS2 Memory cards. Playing around a bit with the saves and Fire Pro on the PS3 last night it seems to allow just the one PS2 save file. So I'm not sure if I can access a "Memory Card B" in order to keep the modern roster I got from Seraphis, and add all the old characters and rings that I'd been using on the PS2.

Hopefully there'll be a way for me to have my definitive roster. I'd like to see Chris Benoit (or him in his Pegasus kid persona) beat up John Cena.

Okay, here we go.

http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/30174536/file.html

If everything went correctly, the setup should be as such:

Memory Card slot 1: Your old save
Memory Card slot 2: The modern roster

Download that and just put the folder in the .rar on the root of your USB device and copy it over to your PS3 (Save Data Utility (PS2) > USB Device > Copy). Let me know if it works.

Awesome! I will try this when I get home from work. Well, I have a work related party tonight, so maybe I can duck home for a bit during the day to test it out.

Also, whoever made this originally put a lot of work into it. It's got all the 80's & 90's WWF and WCW wrestlers, plus a bunch older than that and the ECW roster (before it was absorbed into the WWE). Definitely worth downloading for anyone else interested in that stuff.

Also, the satanic Aqua Teen Hunger Force ring is delightful.

I must be a total idiot, but I'll ask anyways. I've downloaded a couple of the converted files to my usb, but can't transfer them to my PS3.

First of all, on my slim PS3 there is no Saved Game Utility (PS2). There is one for PS3 and minis/PSP. There is however, a Memory Card Utility where I can create a PS or PS2 internal memory card. No problem.

But even after creating the PS2 memory card, when I navigate to my usb drive I get the message "There is no saved data."

"But PS3" I say, "there is saved data on the usb. I just copied it there!"

I may be a PS3 noob, (just bought my first one a couple months ago) but I do walk upright and know how to transfer files on a usb stick.....any ideas?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I must be a total idiot, but I'll ask anyways. I've downloaded a couple of the converted files to my usb, but can't transfer them to my PS3.

First of all, on my slim PS3 there is no Saved Game Utility (PS2). There is one for PS3 and minis/PSP. There is however, a Memory Card Utility where I can create a PS or PS2 internal memory card. No problem.

But even after creating the PS2 memory card, when I navigate to my usb drive I get the message "There is no saved data."

"But PS3" I say, "there is saved data on the usb. I just copied it there!"

I may be a PS3 noob, (just bought my first one a couple months ago) but I do walk upright and know how to transfer files on a usb stick.....any ideas?

Hm...there really should be no reason that you wouldn't have a Save Data Utility (PS2) menu. Is your firmware up to date? Have you played a PS2 Classic before?

Played the game for a bit the last two nights.

I can't see how this game was released in the generation succeeding that of the AKI wrestling games, but still looks and plays like an SNES game. This game resembles the WWF Royal Rumble game that was released for the Super Nintendo. Was this really a PS2 game?

Now, the customization potential is amazing. I've already managed to create an NWO roster (well, at least before they starting sucking).

I can't see how this game was released in the generation succeeding that of the AKI wrestling games, but still looks and plays like an SNES game. This game resembles the WWF Royal Rumble game that was released for the Super Nintendo. Was this really a PS2 game?

Now, the customization potential is amazing. I've already managed to create an NWO roster (well, at least before they starting sucking).

It plays nothing like an SNES game. Unless you are talking about the SNES Fire Pro games.

shoplifter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu4kVZpF35w

The series over the years. Has it evolved - yeah. I can't say the *core* gameplay has (they have added new grapple locations, mounts, corner->opposite corner moves, etc.), but visually, it got a lot better over the years. Lots of relatively well animated sprites, tons of moves, CPU logic customization so they actually perform like the real thing (unlike pretty much every other game).

Human/Spike makes the best wrestling games. No contest. I'd buy a new one tomorrow even if it looked just like FPR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu4kVZpF35w

The series over the years. Has it evolved - yeah. I can't say the *core* gameplay has (they have added new grapple locations, mounts, corner->opposite corner moves, etc.), but visually, it got a lot better over the years. Lots of relatively well animated sprites, tons of moves, CPU logic customization so they actually perform like the real thing (unlike pretty much every other game).

Human/Spike makes the best wrestling games. No contest. I'd buy a new one tomorrow even if it looked just like FPR.

We all would :)

Also cross post from the wrestling thread. KoC2 but since we all appreciate quality wrestling games, post it here too.

First Round of the WrassleGAF KoC2 Tourney

D-Lo Brown (beanman25) vs Ultimo Dragon (sf2fanatic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO5_D7TGu-c

British Bulldog (CrunchinJelly) vs Owen Hart (Mr. Luchador)
http://youtu.be/CLnB4yl4nEk

C-Drive

Okay, here we go.

http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/30174536/file.html

If everything went correctly, the setup should be as such:

Memory Card slot 1: Your old save
Memory Card slot 2: The modern roster

Download that and just put the folder in the .rar on the root of your USB device and copy it over to your PS3 (Save Data Utility (PS2) > USB Device > Copy). Let me know if it works.

Thanks for grabbing that for Lemmy. I was at work and was going to get to it when I got home, but you beat me to the punch.

Anyone getting random freezes? I've had a few over the last day. The PS3 itself doesn't lock up, just the game so I'm able to quit out. Not sure if its game related or save related.

Zep

Banned
C-drive or Seraphis, is there a way to add stuff to a current save? Really like this pack I have now but could go for some more rings designs.

/greedy

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
C-drive or Seraphis, is there a way to add stuff to a current save? Really like this pack I have now but could go for some more rings designs.

/greedy

You can, yes.

1. Copy your current save to a USB drive
2. Find a save with the content you want to copy to your current save
3. If it's not already converted, convert it
4. Rename the SCEVMC0.VME from the save you want to copy from to SCEVMC1.VME and copy it into the folder with your current save, overwriting the current SCEVMC1.VME file.
5. Start the game and copy the desired content from the Slot 2 save to the Slot 1 save using the in-game data transfer utility.

Zep

Banned
You can, yes.

4. Rename the SCEVMC0.VME from the save you want to copy from to SCEVMC1.VME and copy it into the folder with your current save, overwriting the current SCEVMC1.VME file.
5. Start the game and copy the desired content from the Slot 2 save to the Slot 1 save using the in-game data transfer utility.

Cool. Im on it.

Thanks.

diggler41

Enjoying this so much. Thanks to the people converting the saves. Gives the game so much more life. After numerous occasions before (97)(01)(07) I am once again going down the FPW rabbit hole. Burning Hammers and Maeda shoot kicks for all! :)

Persona7

Banned
Anyone getting random freezes? I've had a few over the last day. The PS3 itself doesn't lock up, just the game so I'm able to quit out. Not sure if its game related or save related.

I've been playing this and Fatal Frame and have not had any freezes. I don't have any custom saves yet.

Did you download the latest PS3 firmware?

iiicon

My game has frozen twice, both during Team Hell No vs. Bad Intentions tag matches. I guess Spike doesn't want to determine a number 1 contender to Sekimoto/Okabayashi's championship.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is there a list somewhere of recently converted saves? I have the starter pack and I'm looking for saves that contain more WWF/WCW/ECW PPV themed rings.

This game is fn addicting. It made me drop Injustice without even a second glance. Only drawback is its unfortunate you can't use the created characters for match maker mode. It's a bit of a bummer trying to keep track of matches, fantasy cards, etc on paper.

Is there a list somewhere of recently converted saves? I have the starter pack and I'm looking for saves that contain more WWF/WCW/ECW PPV themed rings.

This game is fn addicting. It made me drop Injustice without even a second glance. Only drawback is its unfortunate you can't use the created characters for match maker mode. It's a bit of a bummer trying to keep track of matches, fantasy cards, etc on paper.

Really? I swore you are able to. You are talking about the create a show, right?

Thanks for grabbing that for Lemmy. I was at work and was going to get to it when I got home, but you beat me to the punch.

Thanks again guys, it didn't work initially, but once I deleted my old file off the ps3 and made sure it was just the new files on the USB it worked perfectly.

I've added a bunch of current rassler's to go along with my classics (and deleted a bunch of super heroes and movie villains), and will let me wrestling-obsessed roommate give it a once over to ensure I didn't miss anyone important.

Once I feel I have a complete pack I'll upload it and share it with y'all.

The only disappointment was not being able to copy the belt-designs and custom Referees like you can copy rings and wrestlers.

Anyhoo, this is exactly what I wanted. I turn off the game music, put on some records and enjoy. Now for a three-way-dance with Dusty Rhodes, Golddust and Cody Rhodes...

Foffy

Banned
Does anyone know what the most up to date save file for overall wrasslin was? I think Desertpunk's Real World save was, but that's been last updated last summer..

C-Drive

Once I feel I have a complete pack I'll upload it and share it with y'all.

I'd suggest not posting the link publicly in order to respect the original creators of the edits on your base save.

These folks who take time to create these edits do it out of a love for the game, but they also really enjoy hearing thanks and stories from people who enjoyed using them, and when edits are tossed together in a random pack it's hard for people to know who to thank or tell these stories to. Typically it's hard to remember where the edits come from in order to get the "okay" from the original creator for a compilation pack, and so because of that it's best to just let everyone create their own base save, which they can share privately.

Of course I'm not telling you what to do, just trying to add a perspective some people might not think about.

Does anyone know what the most up to date save file for overall wrasslin was? I think Desertpunk's Real World save was, but that's been last updated last summer..

Posted this one earlier in the thread, seems to be popular with the new PSN players:

MYeager

Just wanted to say thanks to several of the posters in this thread for providing instructions and links to edit packs. It was very helpful.

Branson

I love how this has had a little spark in popularity again. Love this game. I wish VGCW would use this but they would actually have good matches lol. I'm going to get it tonight and have it dl while I watch RAW.

You can, yes.

So I try this method and it works but I have one problem. Whenever I'm at the Wrestler data menu and have the display of what roster is in what slot but I can't transfer data from those slots, only load them.

Basically what I'm trying to do is combine both saves but for some reason the game isn't letting me.

Am I doing anything wrong here? Love this game. I'd prefer calling it my wrestling toybox.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I try this method and it works but I have one problem. Whenever I'm at the Wrestler data menu and have the display of what roster is in what slot but I can't transfer data from those slots, only load them.

Basically what I'm trying to do is combine both saves but for some reason the game isn't letting me.

Am I doing anything wrong here? Love this game. I'd prefer calling it my wrestling toybox.

Oh, right.

You'll have to go into Edit mode and delete some wrestlers from your current save, most likely. If you downloaded the desertpunk save, I know for sure that one is full. There's a limit of 500 created wrestlers per save.

Oh, right.

You'll have to go into Edit mode and delete some wrestlers from your current save, most likely. If you downloaded the desertpunk save, I know for sure that one is full. There's a limit of 500 created wrestlers per save.

But the total I have is over 800 wrestlers, I might be wrong though.

EDIT: I mean I guess I don't mind cutting some wrestlers. Gotta wish them future endeavors.

shaowebb

FIRE PRO WRESTLING RETURNS!!!!!!!!
VGCW needs to switch titles immediately. Seriously this is the superior game for running sets with created characters. I got a PS2 memory card with Team 4 swords link as a 4 man tag champ, The hulk and Juggernaut as rivals for the main belt, and boatload of other dudes all incredible to watch. Kefka for hardcore champ.

Get this folks. Get it and streeeeeeeeeeeam your league. Shit is god like.

I used to be so good at 6 Man Scramble but now I'm getting my ass kicked. I'm gonna have to spend a lot of time tonight working on the timing, but man this is a good game.

Trying to keep a thread with saves being listed as they are converted:

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1980

40 Saves Total at the Moment.

Thanks for the link, will try to download a bunch to see whats in them.

I played FPRW nearly the entire day yesterday. Started a small fed (16 wrestlers) that had some guys from WWF, NWA, WCW, and ECW. Had a 16 man tournament to decide the first champ and it ended up being Macho Man Randy Savage vs The Undertaker in the finals with the Undertaker hitting about 2-3 tombstones to seal the victory.

PaulLFC

Has there been any word of an EU release for this?

If not, can I make a US account, buy some US PSN credit online, purchase this on the US account, download, then play on my main, UK account without problems?

Branson

142 ★★★★★ on PSN?!

Isn't that insanely good for a PS2 classic?
It's an insanely good PSN classic. :p. Simmed some matches yesterday after converting my Ps3 virtual memory card save over to the classics format. Still as fun as I remember. Can't wait to make some more edits.

I've been messing around with the game a bit and i love it, even though i'm getting my ass kicked above difficulty 3. The depth of the edit mode is daunting. One minor that bothers me about it though is the lack of fingered gloves, makes old versions of the Undertaker look a bit low rent. :)

But anyway, i'm planing on creating my own save file with DJKM's starter pack as a base and wanted to ask how to create organizations and/or assign wrestlers to them. I figured it would be hidden in the edit wrestler menus, but i can't find the option.

Top Bottom