• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling (PS2 classic) coming to US PSN next week

Yanksfan

I'd suggest not posting the link publicly in order to respect the original creators of the edits on your base save.

These folks who take time to create these edits do it out of a love for the game, but they also really enjoy hearing thanks and stories from people who enjoyed using them, and when edits are tossed together in a random pack it's hard for people to know who to thank or tell these stories to. Typically it's hard to remember where the edits come from in order to get the "okay" from the original creator for a compilation pack, and so because of that it's best to just let everyone create their own base save, which they can share privately.

Of course I'm not telling you what to do, just trying to add a perspective some people might not think about.

Posted this one earlier in the thread, seems to be popular with the new PSN players:

I downloaded the file above, extracted it to a USB drive and when I place it in the PS3, it states I have no saved data. Obviously, I am doing something stupid, any tips?

C-Drive

I downloaded the file above, extracted it to a USB drive and when I place it in the PS3, it states I have no saved data. Obviously, I am doing something stupid, any tips?

Did you use the PS2 Save Data Utility and copy the data from the USB Drive to your system? Is your USB drive FAT32 format?

Yanksfan

Did you use the PS2 Save Data Utility and copy the data from the USB Drive to your system? Is your USB drive FAT32 format?

Thanks for the quick response. My USB drive is FAT32 format. I extracted the file to the USB Drive, disconnected it from my PC and then connected it to the PS3. My PS3 recognizes the USB Drive, but when I open up the PS2 Save Data Utility, it says that there is no saved data.

C-Drive

Have you booted up the PSN game at least once yet since you downloaded it?

Beyond that I won't be much help as I haven't had a chance to download it myself yet and mess around with the fine details.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Any chance of this working on a Vita, either Remote Play or DL to the system? Handheld Fire Pro would be amazeballs.

Yanksfan

Have you booted up the PSN game at least once yet since you downloaded it?

Beyond that I won't be much help as I haven't had a chance to download it myself yet and mess around with the fine details.

Yep, since I had not played a PS2 classic yet, I booted it up so I would have the PS2 memory area. I did that before trying to transfer the file.

I appreciate the advice, especially since you haven't even done it yourself. Maybe I will try a different USB device.

Any chance of this working on a Vita, either Remote Play or DL to the system? Handheld Fire Pro would be amazeballs.

:drools:

Especially on that Vita screen.

I've been messing around with the game a bit and i love it, even though i'm getting my ass kicked above difficulty 3. The depth of the edit mode is daunting. One minor that bothers me about it though is the lack of fingered gloves, makes old versions of the Undertaker look a bit low rent. :)

But anyway, i'm planing on creating my own save file with DJKM's starter pack as a base and wanted to ask how to create organizations and/or assign wrestlers to them. I figured it would be hidden in the edit wrestler menus, but i can't find the option.

Since it's probably been overlooked, being the last post on the previous page, can anyone help me with this?

Grayman

There were 2 gameboy advance games which were amazeballs. Fire Pro G is on Japanese PSN classics if those work on a vita. The GBA games are graphically like G but with some of the features of D.

Since it's probably been overlooked, being the last post on the previous page, can anyone help me with this?

If I remember correctly I think you need to goto Wrestler Edit and you should see a list of all the organizations. Select one and hit square to bring up a set of options and you should see a Create New: Promotion/Faction.

Yes Indeed! Sure hope we get KOC 2 never got to play it. Also really hoping for a cross save/buy PS3/Vita Fire Pro Wrestling. Everyone buy this to show Spiks how bad they fucked up with Avitar Pro Abomination 360. Sales speak volumes if this version crushes the newer 360 game in purchases perhaps we will finally get that HD 2d FPW title we have all been dreaming about.

MYeager

Edit Menu->Wrestler Edit -> Organization Edit

Highlight the name of any organization and press the square button. From here you can rename, or create a new company or group within a company. (it's not the most intuitive process).

I'm using the starter pack. And there's no PPV rings in the save outside of Wrestlemania ring. Unless it's on the MC1.vme save, but I tried using that and it appears as empty.

Foffy

Banned
Aren't most peoples edit packs over powered compared to the actual default roster?

This depends. One thing you have to remember is Fire Pro Wrestling Returns is a 2005 wrestling game. Even if the wrestlers are overpowered, that's by 2005 standards so moveset and assumed logic for many of those guys are out of date. I myself go for current ones, and the most recent worldwide roster pack was updated last summer.

HT UK

Never played Fire Pro before. But the videos posted here look really good.

Bought a $10 US card from eBay, downloading now!

Now to try and find the best current WWE/TNA/ROH save out there :)

HT UK

Sorry for double post, But the game won't work on my PS3?

I just get a black screen and my monitor says "No Signal". The PS3 is still on, and the controller is connected.

I think the game is running fine, but it just wont display?

I'm using a HDMI->DVI cable if that makes a difference.

Starting to get into making my own edits now. Good heavens that's a confusing process. One thing that is really bothering me is understanding Ukemi. Is it basically telling a given edit how often to attempt a counter?

The high/low, yes/no, continue/none stuff is making my head spin.

Geniuzz

Fire Pro was always my favorite wrestling game. The depth was mindblowing. Very Impressive. Might have to pick this one up, too.

KiNeSiS

Banned
See this:

If we're talking about downloading saves (instead of importing them from your own memory cards), it should be the same method, but I think you'd have to use PS2 Save Converter to export the downloaded save to RAW format. When the game comes out I could help anyone who is having trouble figuring it out. I've done my fair share of messing around with PS2 saves, so I've got some experience here. Heh.

Sera thanks for the DL link but warning to anyone who dl's it. The created title belts are awesome but the roster sucks.
It is for indy fans with pwg and a lot of no names. It had a small amount of high level top WWE guys & TNA. But it had every single WWE scrub & TNA bottom barrel jobber. Worst thing is it ruins the game. It literally removes 99 percent of the awesome default roster. All of the female/Joshi stars & retires every MMA fighter what type of monster would do this???? I thought the default fighters don't take up edit space. Why retie 99% of the roster & remove them WTF!!!!

I was impressed by the awesome lucha edits but god damn this save ruined the game at least I figured out how to get converted saves in the PS 3.

If only I could find a great already converted pack with OG ECW , WCW/nWo era & Attitude era with some 80's wrestlers, That's the fpw I know.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Thanks C-drive I bow to you.
& thank you Sera I'm just old I guess, & I hate when people remove awesome content from a game for nothing.

C-Drive

Most people retire the default roster because typically, the default roster's logic settings suck when compared to most edit-creators personal logic settings on their edits. This ends up in crappy AI matches. With no way to change the default roster in any way, the best option is just to hide them.

Top Bottom