• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Oxx

Premier League are really missing out on doing something like NBA.TV where you let people pay £xxx for a year's coverage and you can watch all the games you want.

Does NBA.tv have dumb-ass blackout rules?

Obviously services like that and MLB.tv are great for europeans, but they usually screw over people who live near to their teams.

It would be awesome if Soccer Saturday was like NFL Redzone.

Keio

For a Finer World
Thumbs up on the thread title. It's been a season of a lot of nasty health setbacks, from Abidal to Muamba to Petrov, and now to Morosini passing away.

Has everyone VOTED already for the PREMIER LEAGUE 20 season thing?

See here: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/20-seasons/

You get to vote on (AND in the bracket I tell what MY PICK was):
MATCHES (Newcastle-Arsenal 4-4 of course)
GOALS (Cantona)
CELEBRATIONS (Shearer)
SAVES (Jaaskelainen)

and additionally:

PLAYERS (pick your best 11 from the shortlisted players)

ShogunX

Phil Down is the Ref for the FA cup final. Not too bad I suppose.

tumblr_m1hvjnbGZ21qgl5gko2_500.gif

Thumbs up on the thread title. It's been a season of a lot of nasty health setbacks, from Abidal to Muamba to Petrov, and now to Morosini passing away.

Has everyone VOTED already for the PREMIER LEAGUE 20 season thing?

See here: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/20-seasons/

You get to vote on (AND in the bracket I tell what MY PICK was):
MATCHES (Newcastle-Arsenal 4-4 of course)
GOALS (Cantona)
CELEBRATIONS (Shearer)
SAVES (Jaaskelainen)

and additionally:

PLAYERS (pick your best 11 from the shortlisted players)

Liverpool v Newcastle 4-3 was a far better game but maybe you don't remember that one.

Fady K

Whoops! Sorry for the misspelling on the title. Thanks for catching it Salazar.

Sup Fady. You support fucking LEEDS but not us ?

Hey there Salazar : ) It was just a joke by the way, didn't know you guys would catch it so quickly haha!

:lol, nice touch on the list of supported teams Fady, was that there before?

Thank you bro! I hope we have a great game to remember tomorrow. I'm surprised no one has done it back in the day when everyone thought I supported every team. It was about time : D

FUCK YOU FADY

I see what you did there

A joke Wil, I swear :p

Fady loves all teams. And we all love Fady.

This is the month when Newcastle return to Europe...maybe next month it'll even be the Cl!
Dream.

I'm very happy for the way things are turning out for your team bro, I fear Newcastle will be there at the expense of Chelsea; but ultimately I would love to see Cisse play against the top European teams if Chelsea couldn't.

FADDYYYY

Nice title, great idea.

Thank you Viva, bless you bro :)

And what's with Fady deciding the title.

Booo this thread.

Sorry you didn't like the title, you can never please everyone :p

I hope you have a great game tonight.

Everyone but Man United Fady? Really? Really man? I guess even the nicest guys have a dark spot in their heart.

Disgusted.

And no your avatar doesn't make up for it.

Honest to God, I was kidding. Ironic timing too, as I can now confirm I have no hate for any team any more. The avatar helped as well.

He even went for Madrid.

He's a villain.

If I had to be a villian, i would be a david villan without a doubt ;D

Oh Fady

You hurt us United fans.

I kid, I love you guys and I wish you a wonderful last few games. I only despise Young. I also find it difficult liking Nani.

HAHA FADY YOU TRAITOR

On another note, yay new thread! Although we'll probably get to OT10 by the time El Classico is finished :lol

LOL. I can imagine a whole thread talking about El Classico :p!!

Fady edition is brilliant! Nice title too.

Thank you good sir :) I hope you guys end the season on a very high note! Very happy for the Tevez Redemption.

We are all too busy actually attending matches!

Hmm but will he pass Djimi Traore in the quest for Champions League Gold? AND Will Michael Owen get a league winners medal again or has he not played enough?

I've not been on Owen watch of late. I severely doubt he'll have the required games.

Does NBA.tv have dumb-ass blackout rules?

Obviously services like that and MLB.tv are great for europeans, but they usually screw over people who live near to their teams.

It would be awesome if Soccer Saturday was like NFL Redzone.

Don't think it has Blackouts for local markets.

ShogunX

I've not been on Owen watch of late. I severely doubt he'll have the required games.

Hope not. The medal thief will be all over twitter telling everyone it's his proudest moment. Would have far more respect for the man if he went and actually got himself some games somewhere - Like Everton, Blackpool, Tranmere or even Chester.

U18 LFC vs Wolves ended 2-0. Goals by Ibe and Lussey.

This thread is off to a great start.

Ibe looks like another one to keep our eye on.

Hope not. The medal thief will be all over twitter telling everyone it's his proudest moment. Would have far more respect for the man if he went and actually got himself some games somewhere - Like Everton, Blackpool, Tranmere or even Chester.
He's made just one appearance in the league, as a sub.

Fabio, Vidic, Lindegaard and Fletcher will miss out too.

CleverTom needs one more appearance to qualify.

Carbonox

Fantasy team of the 20 season...Left midfield...Gareth Bale...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Fuck off.

Anyway, the team I'm picking for this important event is:

Van der Sar
Gary Neville
Tony Adams
Rio Ferdinand
Denis Irwin
Cristiano Ronaldo
Paul Scholes
Roy Keane
Ryan Giggs
Alan Shearer
Thierry Henry

Now imagine that team in real life.

Messi

The day has come my friends on football GAF. I need to say my goodbyes. Sadly it seems I have developed an addiction to the Internet/GAF and it is affecting my life/social skills. I spend 8 or so hours every day on GAF ect and I find myself becoming more and more addicted by the day. So I am taking a break, not sure for how long. Something has to change before I become a total loser. I have made many friends on football GAF and I felt the need to say bye to you guys. You have been fun for the past 2 years.

Hopefully this is not goodbye just a see you later :(

Onwards and upwards
Brian

tumblr_lz6t9hNhD21r2cfii.gif

Choc

Banned
The day has come my friends on football GAF. I need to say my goodbyes. Sadly it seems I have developed an addiction to the Internet/GAF and it is affecting my life/social skills. I spend 8 or so hours every day on GAF ect and I find myself becoming more and more addicted by the day. So I am taking a break, not sure for how long. Something has to change before I become a total loser. I have made many friends on football GAF and I felt the need to say bye to you guys. You have been fun for the past 2 years.

Onwards and upwards
Brian

he just knows barca is gonna lose

:)

WJD

My Premier League 20 years picks...

Game: Liverpool - Newcastle 4-3
Goal: Cantona against Sunderland (purely for how iconic it is for me personally)
Celebration: Cantona against Sunderland
Save: Schmeichel against Newcastle

Team:

Schmeichel

Neville
Adams
Vidic
Cole

Ronaldo
Scholes
Vieira
Giggs

Henry
Cantona

Clegg

Onwards and upwards
Brian
Take a break until the end of the season.

But come back for the Euros.

There shall be much rejoicing when Ireland smash the Spanish.

sneaky77

Onwards and upwards
Brian

wimp! lol.. Sad to see you go hope everything works out

GorillaJu

Onwards and upwards
Brian

Sounds like me, only I pretend I don't have a problem. :D

Moobabe

I'll be back to celebrate our CL win :p

Please :(

Ok I am gone, bye fady

You don't have to leave us! Just.. don't spend that much time on GAF! It's simples! But God speed friend, I hope you do sort it out and come back to us better for it. And hopefully by then we'll have knocked you out the CL so you won't need to spend as much time in the thread anyway.

See you later man!

Top Bottom