• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Keio

For a Finer World
I'm all for BAYEEERN for this semi! I hope Robben exhausted all his bad luck in the Dortmund game and will DOMINATE tonight.

Awesome! I'm a HUGE fan of Falchi's videos!

So, the new schedule worked out brilliantly for us! We're playing Roma with zero suspensions, no injuries, and just over a week of rest!

Recharge your batteries, El Guerrero <3

uJp7x.jpg

When Pirlo said in a post-match video that Del Piero saw the wall was misplaced and took advantage of it, I didn't understand what he meant until I saw the video. You can see now that Marchetti left too much space, allowing Del Piero to curve the ball past the inside of the wall yet still curve away from the keeper. Our player (looks like Vidal?) also did an amazing job blocking Marchetti's sight line and moving him across goal with his run. Brilliannnttt.

Can't wait for the matches to start again. I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms over here.

man, it's good to see so much BAAAAAYEEEEERN support here. i remember the football threads from 08 or 09 where i used to be only one around there (okay, Kenka joined the party from time to time. i hope u r doing good, buddy. whereever u are).

I like Bayern, I really do. But sorry I'm with team fake Ronaldo on this one.

MADRIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDD

bjaelke

man, it's good to see so much BAAAAAYEEEEERN support here. i remember the football threads from 08 or 09 where i used to be only one around there (okay, Kenka joined the party from time to time. i hope u r doing good, buddy. whereever u are).

It was back when there were Inter fans in this thread.

Also BAAAAYEEERN

panty

Looks like Mou is going with a double wingback marking (thanks fucking Klopp) on Robben.

Well that is definitely interesting.. Lets just hope Di Maria is up for this and plays well. No Özil :(?

Also, Kehdira. Cmoon...

Screw you Real haters, REEAAALLLL MAAADDRIIIDDDDDDDDDD

Clegg

I'm going to break the pattern by saying that I want Madrid to win.

Only because want to witness the madness of an El Clasico Champions League final.

Kyoufu

It feels good watching a game as a 100% neutral that won't be butthurt if either team wins/loses.

Good luck to both Bayern-GAF and Real-GAF tonight :)

Clegg

If that happens I reckon it'll be one of the worst CL finals ever.

Nothing will ever be worse than the Milan/Juve CL final in 2003.

A Clasico final could be a terrible game quality wise but we'd be almost guaranteed meltdowns on the pitch and on GAF.

Yen

Nothing will ever be worse than the Milan/Juve CL final in 2003.

A Clasico final could be a terrible game quality wise but we'd be almost guaranteed meltdowns on the pitch and on GAF.

I remember Tyldesley was saying the entire match, "AC have Rivaldo on the bench, one of the most exciting players of the modern era, surely he'll be brought off the bench."
Cut to extra time, AC bring on Ambrosini.

FuturusX

New thread, smells good.

I love the smell of a new thread in the morning. Smells like Victory!!!!!!

For Bayern!!!!!!!!!

Empty

go bayern go

also horncastle tweeted a quote from de piero today comparing dealing leaving juve to playing a videogame and having a new level to complete. sign up to gaf plz alex
i will also accept you signing for united ala larsson

Clegg

I remember Tyldesley was saying the entire match, "AC have Rivaldo on the bench, one of the most exciting players of the modern era, surely he'll be brought off the bench."
Cut to extra time, AC bring on Rommedahl.

I remember reading a review of the match in one of the Irish broadsheets. They said that tactics dominated the game and that it was like a game of chess between the 2 managers.

In reality, both teams were terrified of conceding first and played ultra defensive football as a result.

WJD

I think Real would still be better prepared to beat Barca in a one-off game than Bayern.

Therefore, Hala Madrid!

sohois

Supporting Bayern for tonight.

As ever I won't actually be able to watch the match and I can't say I really care either way, but since I own a Bayern shirt for some reason I might as well support them.

Wilbur

Banned
Honestly, I'm rooting for Madrid. I like Mourinho, Alonso, Ronaldo, Casillas, Higuain, Sahin and Ozil, plus they've got a better chance of beating Barca if they get over the mental gap. And they're Madrid. I like Madrid.

Yen

Is Barca versus Chelsea tomorrow? Or next week?
BTW, I realised my avatar looks like WALKING DEAD SPOILERS
Zombie Shane

Honestly, I'm rooting for Madrid. I like Mourinho, Alonso, Ronaldo, Casillas, Higuain, Sahin and Ozil, plus they've got a better chance of beating Barca if they get over the mental gap. And they're Madrid. I like Madrid.

Sadly they don't play for the third place like at the world cup, so they won't have a chance to beat Barca in CL.

Clegg

I've been to Madrid twice.

Its a beautiful city and there are hundreds of different things to do.

But it gets too hot in the summer. Its face meltingly warm.

I have a pretty decent level of fitness but I was a puddle of sweat after a hour in that Madrid sun.

dc89

Sounds like me in Rhodes last August. Damn, that was hot. Wearing a polo shirt that day was a big mistake, it clung to me like nobodies business.

elsk

Banned

I have a pretty decent level of fitness but I was a puddle of sweat after a hour in that Madrid sun.

A shame they're all xenophobic cunts.

WJD

I'm off to Cyprus this August.

I may not come back alive.

elsk

Banned
I'm a little happy Mou changed the formation and lineup for this game. He only does that against Barcelona and he always ends up losing when he changes the formation in those cases.

sneaky77

I'm a little happy Mou changed the formation and lineup for this game. He only does that against Barcelona and he always ends up losing when he changes the formation in those cases.

They announced the starting 11? because the spanish press doesn't have it yet

Wilbur

Banned

Isn't it just paper speculation that he's done that? Wouldn't be surprised if he did but that snapshot from the paper is probably nothing but rumour

bjaelke

Madrid offers no excitement compared to some of Spain's other destinations + it's inland so you have to swim in the piss filled community pools.

Clegg

Madrid offers no excitement compared to some of Spain's other destinations + it's inland so you have to swim in the piss filled community pools.

I like Madrid but I prefer Valencia and Barcelona.

Valencia was particularly nice. We weren't sure what to expect but it was lovely.

Wilbur

Banned
I haven't been to Spain but we're looking into Barcelona next year. I've been Venice (AMAZING), New York (AMAZING), Paris (nice) and good old Dun Laoghaire (...)

Clegg

I haven't been to Spain but we're looking into Barcelona next year. I've been Venice (AMAZING), New York (AMAZING), Paris (nice) and good old Dun Laoghaire (...)

Lol Dun Laoghaire.

Most of Dublins attractions are in and around the city centre. I'd still never want to actually live in the city proper.

New York is brilliant but I actually preferred Chicago.

bjaelke

I like Madrid but I prefer Valencia and Barcelona.

Valencia was particularly nice. We weren't sure what to expect but it was lovely.

Yeah Valencia is quite nice. I've studied in Girona (1 hour North of Barcelona) and we'd go each week to see the local team play in the Segunda Division. Had the pleasure of seeing Barcelona B play there with some of the youngsters in the current senior squad.

Top Bottom