• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

WJD

Yay! GAF's back.

just got back from footy, I bloody hate playing with people that don't have football brains.

Just read a cool article:

If Bayern wins the CL, they need to pay 4m of the 9m they get for winning it to Schlake because of Neuer and 3m to Hoffenheim for Gustavo. Then add bonuses for the players and they might not make any money with it at all. (Not that anyone would care lol)

Fun Fact:
Schlacke would have gotten another 3m if Bayern had won the Bundesliga. So, we basically stole Schlacke 3m by winning the Bundesliga :)

Another funny story is van der Vaart. Because of him, Hamburg still earns money from Real Madrid for every title they win until 2013.

GQman2121

Banned
Just read a cool article:

If Bayern wins the CL, they need to pay 4m of the 9m they get for winning it to Schlake because of Neuer and 3m to Hoffenheim for Gustavo. Then add bonuses for the players and they might not make any money with it at all. (Not that anyone would care lol)

Fun Fact:
Schlacke would have gotten another 3m if Bayern had won the Bundesliga. So, we basically stole Schlacke 3m by winning the Bundesliga :)

Another funny story is van der Vaart. Because of him, Hamburg still earns money from Real Madrid for every title they win until 2013.

Front office management at its finest!

PaulLFC

|OT10| of silverware; staying up/going down; and tears
This one would be quite fitting as I'm guessing OT10 will end the season, with us maybe needing OT11 for the Euros?

You are cool.

Almost as cool as me.

But people NEED their witty titles. For some reason.
Back when I made OT1 (seems like forever ago!) it was originally going to just be called |OT|. Mainly because I'm quite possibly the most uncreative person ever.

It seems that in the last hours has been clarified what Ljajic said to Delio Rossi yesterday evening: Rossi has a disabled son, and Ljajic said something that in English sounds like "you're more disabled than your own son." If that's true I definitely understand the reaction, still bad but clearly nobody taught Ljajic how to behave in some scenarios. Btw, Rossi got a three-month ban, while Ljajic was suspended by Fiorentina's president.

In other news, Berlusconi's son is blaming the team for this second place. Maybe if somebody actually tried to buy better players we wouldn't be in this situation. Maybe.

Had to share this little tidbit from Norwegian 5th division:

Original article in Norwegian

My infallible translation:

Football players that notifies about incorrect calls even if it harms their cause, are a rarity. Usually, they are celebrated, but in a 5th division match between the Sandnes team Sandved and the Stavanger team Ild recently the opposite occurred.

Sanved was up 3-1 when its forward Tallat Abunima fell over and was awarded a penalty. The forward disagreed with that call.

- I passed an Ild-player before I stumble on my own feet. Extremely clumsy by me, and when I saw that the judge pointed at the penalty mark I felt it was right to point it out, says Abunima to Sandesposten.

The referee, Nedzad Munjic from Viking FK, was not interested in listening to this. He decided to send the Sandved player off with a red card.

- From my position it was a clear penalty, and I feel that it is extremely provocative that a player wishes to do my job and say that I made an erroneous call. As a referee you cannot go back on a call once it's made, says Munjic according to the Sandnespost.

- It was a hard match to referee, but I felt I had good control. It is important to point out that this is 5th division (6th tier in Norway -EDITORS NOTE), and a lot of weird stuff happens out there. The level is very low, after all, he continues.

Sandveds playing coach Øyvind Svenning (former Viking) finally took the penalty the team didn't want to take - and sent it flying several meters wide.

Ild took out one of their players, so that both teams would finish the match with equal amount of players on the field.

The red card has been retracted after both teams complained about the occurrance to the Rogaland football[don't know what to call it in English, it's basically the guys who have the power to make decisions like that on a local level].

- Have the retracted the card? I did not know that. That is very unprofessional, if you ask me - and I'll have to talk to them (let's just call them the Gods of local football -editors note). I was not informed that Ild took out a player to equal the players after the send off either. This is just nonsense, says referee Munjic

He wants to continue refereeing, but preferably on a higher level.

- 5th division is a silly division. It's that simple. I hope I can referee a little higher, so that I can have assistant referees and get to referee teams that are more serious than the hobbyplayers in 5th division.

elseanio

This one would be quite fitting as I'm guessing OT10 will end the season, with us maybe needing OT11 for the Euros?

Back when I made OT1 (seems like forever ago!) it was originally going to just be called |OT|. Mainly because I'm quite possibly the most uncreative person ever.

Yeah, some taglines stuck out and were relevant, and the best usually came from a random post.

I wont be around to post OT10 btw

PaulLFC

Yeah, some taglines stuck out and were relevant, and the best usually came from a random post.

I wont be around to post OT10 btw
Okay, I'll put OT10 up when we get near 10,000 posts then.

Time to go and look at the suggestions for taglines - if anyone has any new ones or favourites, post away.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It seems that in the last hours has been clarified what Ljajic said to Delio Rossi yesterday evening: Rossi has a disabled son, and Ljajic said something that in English sounds like "you're more disabled than your own son." If that's true I definitely understand the reaction, still bad but clearly nobody taught Ljajic how to behave in some scenarios. Btw, Rossi got a three-month ban, while Ljajic was suspended by Fiorentina's president.

I was kinda hoping it wasn't true!

bjaelke

Danish football broadcasting is a joke. Puts our match on a documentary channel with a former rival doing the commentating.

Kyoufu

Lol great one, but a ton of people in this thread hate the word salt and its reference towards football.

Yeah I'm lacking ideas :( Should include Pep somewhere in there though.

On a side note, Cisse's goal from last night had 1 million views on youtube before the FA ninjas took it down :lol

Not long now, here's the team line-up's;

West Ham: Green, Demel, Taylor, Reid, Tomkins, Noble, Nolan (c), Collison, O'Neil, Vaz Te, Cole.

Cardiff: Marshall, Taylor, Hudson (c), Turner, Blake, Cowie, Whittingham, Lawrence, Gunnarsson, Mason, Turner

O'Neil's in for Lansbury, who must have a knock as he isn't on the bench. Hope Cole and Vaz Te are up for it and we score a few. COYI!!!

Kyoufu

Region locks are so fail.

c3c9ae035aa7edcd37fb904d036dda5c.gif

Zabojnik

Cagliari-Juventus moved at 20.45, something something Galliani mafia.

Don't know if playing during their derby will be better for us or for them.

Frankly, that's how it should be in the last 5 matchdays at least. Everybody playing the same day, at the same time. Why the hell has Lecce to play on saturday, a full day before all the other teams battling to avoid relegation? They have a day less to rest than everybody else, which could be crucial, since Serie A has been playing every three, four days in the last two weeks. I find it incredible.

I still think the title should be

|OT| Winning isn't important, it's the only thing that matters

Edit: And, of course, it's hard to blame Buffon when we should've been two up. If only Vidal finished those glorious chances he had. That said, we still are in control and need to win the next two matches. The loss isn't the end of the world, but now we have to be perfect.

Clegg

There is no way this Kagawa situation goes off without a hitch. I've just read that United could get him for as little as £8m. There would be loads of clubs interested in him if thats the price Dortmund are looking for.

Feorax

This window will be all about RVP, Kagawa and Hazard i reckon. Cant see any of them having deals done quickly, if at all, but the speculation will always be there.

ATF487

Lol great one, but a ton of people in this thread hate the word salt and its reference towards football.

Well I thought it was a reference to his hair color, although he's bald now his beard is more salt than pepper now, probably due to the stress of the job

Top Bottom