• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

rozay

Banned
when is the Sprint HTC One Evo 4G LTE launching on the Now Network? Wonder how the nexus will do compared to that sales wise, I'm sure it won't have anywhere near as much of an advertising budget.

asdad123

So I bought one of these jspust cause I wanted to try something other than my iPhone 4s. I bought the unlocked version brand new on amazon since I have AT&T. This is my first time with an android so if you guys have any suggestion of what to do with it when I first get it, that'd be great.

Also, are there any good car docks for this? I'd love to do the touchstone mod, but I feel like I would screw up the phone lol. If anyone in the nj area did it and wouldn't mind doing it for me, I'd gladly pay for their troubles lol.

This is the mod I am talking about.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-accessories/147840-guide-galaxy-nexus-mod-palm-touchstone-no-soldering-phone.html

VPhys

I just got this as well and was coming in here to ask...is it still worth it to get this phone? I've been with Sprint since the day the Evo 4g launched, and I'm still using that phone. Should I jump on this or is there something else right around the corner?

Htc one and Galaxy s3, it's best to wait.

Cudder

Not super impressed with my Seidio Surface case, so I've been looking for another one. One of my friends got this really cool, chic aluminum bumper for his iPhone4s, and I've been looking for something similar for my Galaxy Nexus for a while, and it seems I've found something comparable.

T2YtemXd8XXXXXXXXX_%21%21474594301.jpg

T2lsamXmpaXXXXXXXX_%21%21474594301.jpg

T28IOmXnBXXXXXXXXX_%21%21474594301.jpg

T2Ub1mXh8aXXXXXXXX_%21%21474594301.jpg

T2BI1mXj4XXXXXXXXX_%21%21474594301.jpg

20120315_224238.jpg

20120315_224247.jpg

It's a 2 piece case that you screw together using the includes screws.

I bought an otterbox defender, the case+belt clip choices seemed to be very limited for the Nexus in Canada........at least it was 15 dollars cheaper on ebay

Menelaus

Banned
Not super impressed with my Seidio Surface case, so I've been looking for another one. One of my friends got this really cool, chic aluminum bumper for his iPhone4s, and I've been looking for something similar for my Galaxy Nexus for a while, and it seems I've found something comparable.

Not content with how shitty the radio is? FUCKING BOLT THIS SHIT ON, MOTHERFUCKER!

Does anyone know if I order a GNex from Newegg as an upgrade phone, will Verizon still grandfather me into my unlimited data plan? If not, do you guys think the local Verizon store will honor the $150 GNex from Newegg if I bring a printout to them? I was just up there the other day and they wanted $300 for it as an upgrade phone, I don't have that kind of cash at the moment.

I was thinking of picking up the white GSM version from YesAsia to replace my Vibrant. Has anyone had any experience ordering phones from them? They don't allow returns so I'm kind of leery about ordering a phone from them. The other alternative would be to order from a secondhand seller off of Amazon. Anyone ever order from FGS Trading?

VPhys

Does anyone know if I order a GNex from Newegg as an upgrade phone, will Verizon still grandfather me into my unlimited data plan? If not, do you guys think the local Verizon store will honor the $150 GNex from Newegg if I bring a printout to them? I was just up there the other day and they wanted $300 for it as an upgrade phone, I don't have that kind of cash at the moment.

You can try a Verizon dealer, they have no restriction on what they can charge. The Can give it to you for free if they want , The only thing that changes is their commission depending on how much they charge you for the phone.

My Nexus is working like crap lately. Slow, devouring my battery, freezing every now and then. I have problems specially with the keyboard, it freezes a lot and crashes. Sometimes it doesn't crash but it doesn't recognize any input so I need to close all apps and launch again for it to start working again. Pretty tired of this, I think I might go return it, see if they give me something else at vodafone.

I am hoping most of the problems would be solved by an update but I am still in 4.02 and it says I am on the latest version. I also don't want to get into rooting and all that stuff. I don't have time for that.

End of rant.

SimleuqiR

Sprint's Galaxy Nexus pre-order stock sold out already

While we don't know how much inventory Sprint reserved for pre-orders, the Nexus is apparently proving more popular than the company expected. Its other new LTE phone, the Viper 4G, hasn't yet sold out despite being available for longer. If you were one of the lucky customers who successfully pre-ordered a Nexus, it may be on its way to you as soon as Friday; otherwise, you'll probably want to show up early on launch day.

I say a modest 200-300K sold? Or is that too much?

Edit, Also:

CyanogenMod 10:30 AM - Public
CDMA & AOSP

Many people may not know this, but due to licensing issues, CDMA Nexus devices are no longer considered 'supported' by Google's AOSP program. This means the Nexus S 4G, the Verizon Galaxy Nexus, and Sprint Galaxy Nexus are officially the black sheep of the AOSP family.

But fret not! That's what we are here for. Builds for crespo4g and toro are already on get.cm and coming soon....

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Many people may not know this, but due to licensing issues, CDMA Nexus devices are no longer considered 'supported' by Google's AOSP program.
LOL. The GN LTE is such an abortion. Well, I should have expected that considering it took forever for the water to break yet it ended up stillborn.

gcubed

LOL. The GN LTE is such an abortion. Well, I should have expected that considering it took forever for the water to break yet it ended up stillborn.

this is REALLY old news though. Verizon won't publicly supply the CDMA drivers, so it can't be part of AOSP.

So I gave up waiting for the POGO-enabled car dock for my VZW Galaxy Nexus, and bought the official car dock and charger.

Once I figured out how to get it to actually stick to the windshield, I quickly became irritated that the dock doesn't automatically launch the phone into Car Mode, and that's because there *is* no Car Mode on the phone, as opposed to the app that was on my Moto Droid.

Has anyone found a solution for that? I've found several Car Mode app alternatives (CarHome Ultra is the best I've found so far), but there must be a better way to handle it out there.

SimleuqiR

imm76i.jpg

owners are reporting that this fixes the intermittent signal loss issue that'd been affecting some on IMM76D, as well as remedying smaller issues like occasional lock screen lag when using automatic brightness. (Be sure to let us know in the comments if you notice any other changes on your Nexus after applying the update.)

And for any neckbeards out there keeping track of technical stuff, it seems the new software leaves the phone's baseband as it was, while including a fresh kernel built last Friday.

The update should be pushed out to GSM Galaxy Nexus owners over the next few weeks, if earlier release patterns are anything to go by.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Come the frick on Verizon.

Anyways I'm becoming more and more happy with the battery life on my GN 4G. I was appalled at it before but I'm content with it now. I just have to say that playing with it a lot does have an impact. :p

I've had this update for a little over a week and while it solves the dropping of the GSM modem during sleep issue I feel both the wifi and gsm signal has suffered and data over gsm just stops working every so often.

I got my update last night, which fixed the lock screen lag which had been driving me nuts. Can't say I've noticed any data issues or signal problems yet but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

gcubed

I love this phone. I don't get the hate.

The only thing wrong is battery but any LTE device until they get built in is going to suck. Once they get VoLTE running its going to be another boost since you won't need both radios constantly on.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Maybe by like 0.00001%. :p

That depends on what you value more - speedy updates (rolls eyes) or the Best Galaxy? Rumors are that the Galaxy S3 is going to be announced soon. Not sure how quickly would that phone be released on Sprint.

Any rumors on where/when the Galaxy S3 is going to come out? I know they supposedly have some conference coming up in London.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So yeah...I was seconds away from buying the Sprint version today. As pointed out, the lack of LTE kills it. I swore it would have wimax and LTE radios in it.

As much as people say Wimax sucks it's a shit ton better than Sprint's 3G.

gcubed

So yeah...I was seconds away from buying the Sprint version today. As pointed out, the lack of LTE kills it. I swore it would have wimax and LTE radios in it.

As much as people say Wimax sucks it's a shit ton better than Sprint's 3G.
ATT edge is better then Sprints 3G

Top Bottom