• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie - S1 OT of Kicking Ass and Taking Brains - from the creator of Veronica Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwk94

Well that escalated quickly. This is why you always bring your morpher.

EDIT:
Umm so the opening just spoiled the whole ex-fiance thing? Why?

Briarios

This show has been way better than it has any right to be ... I was very dismissive, but it's very nearly won me over. Weird.

Penguin

Fun show

I felt a little bad for it, my mind is still processing The Flash so wasn't 100% watching it

But enjoyed it

it's a fun show for sure. rob thomas' wit really props up the law and order-procedural thing they're going for with this show. and i really like the lead and her boss at the morgue.

dunno if I could do 22 episodes a season of crime-solving though, but I liked the pilot.

her family's so annoying though lol, get off her ass.

TripOpt55

I loved it! Great dialogue. Tons of funny moments. Loved the comic intro and transitions. Liv is a cool lead so far. I liked how she picked up the victim's kleptomania too. Great start!

Enjoyed it. Different from what I thought. But I had fun with it. I like the dynamic between the 3 main characters. Plus, the humor was my style of funny. I'll keep up with it.

anaron

loved it

a lot of it feels like the foundation and promise of something amazing but not quite there yet (duh it's a pilot) but was so assured and fun that the journey to that point is going to be a good one.

the cast is already incredibly charming and the references to zombie pop culture are so welcome

I love the continued comic book styling for the warner brothers closing credits

I liked it, very Veroica Marsish which is a good thing. I hope they can tie in an overarching story though so its not just procedural

Drayco21

I enjoyed it. Following that Flash was always going to be difficult, but this did a better job of it than this season of Arrow has.

Looking forward to the next couple episodes, hopefully the quality holds.

Getting Allred on the art for the opening and doing panels for transitions was a really neat touch too.

saunderez

Well that felt a lot more like Veronica Mars than I was expecting - yes I know it's a Rob Thomas show but I didn't expect it to feel this much like VM. A little bit less dramatic, a little more humour but more or less fits the VM template. Great start to the series, I'm all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom