• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Mafia |OT| Sometimes You Don't Need A Reason to Lynch Your Friends

yuck please Night-kill LaunchpadMcQ Tonight.

If he's alive Tomorrow, I will consider that actionable proof that he's yucky.

zBNtQRA.jpg

yes, population: me

franconp

In light of the recent development folding me into this matter, I dismiss all this as my Lover's inconsequential tomfoolery having publicly raved under the influence of ignorance prior. I'm Bulletproof, but Zubz isn't. And it's not x-shot.

You know that this mean that both of you are either scum or neutrals? I'm more than happy to lynch either of them.

no lynch (0)
karkador 749
blargonaut 850

zubz (7)
franconp 765
kitsunelaine 821
launchpadmcq 835
isaacnukem 839
Karkador (930)
DuskSoldier (965)
Blargonaut (982)

franconp (1)
zubz 796

Blargonaut (1)
achors (859)

Achors (1)
weemadarthur (943)

Day Ends:
bla_1498770000.png

Majority is 10

franconp

I want to read more from Wee.

What do you think about Zubz and Blarg? I feel like you are tunnelling (I know I'm the one who shouldn't be saying this) on Acohrs hard to avoid adressing any other matter.

Zubz

Banned
Ugh, why did we get to this point?!

I'm the Cop, ok? I got spooked & superstitious after seeing I had such an important role, so my initial plan was to pretend I didn't even see my role to avoid psyching myself out as I am wont to do. That was the gambit; if I kept forgetting I was the Cop during the day, I wouldn't have to stress about it until the night.

So night comes, & who does my dumbass observe but Blarg. A lot of people discussed his alignment and how unreadable he is yesterday, so I observed him, cleared him as Town, & went on my way. Then when I check my phone the next morning, they're now claiming Lovers. With me. I was baffled & considered the possibility of a... Godfather? I'm used to Werewolf so I'm thinking Alpha Wolf. Either way, I thought of the Scum role where you don't read as Scum to the Seer/Cop. But then it hit me Blarg might be Night Watch, realized I saw him last night, & pulled the Lovers bit in an attempt to protect me. And hoping the town wouldn't see fit to risk killing 2 of their own like a bunch of chuckleheads, I rolled with it. And look where that got me.

I'm rarely the Cop, so this role intimidated me. I feel I never do it right, & clearly, I didn't do it here. It's way too early to claim but if you're about to kill me, I should at least clear the water. If we don't have a protector, I will die tonight. I will also look at one of the 4 I suspect are Scum (Launch, Fran, Kitsune, & Rac), since we know Kark is a horrible arsonist (& thus also a worthy pick). Regardless if I make it to tomorrow, sorry I bungled the role, but go after those 5 tomorrow. I'm keeping my vote on Fran but am willing to pick one of the other probable Scum or Kark.

[/I]Heck.[/I]

Assuming we belive this new claim. Can I asked why you choose Blarg over Fran, Zubz? You've suspected him all of today and a good portion of D1.

franconp

I'm the Cop, ok? I got spooked & superstitious after seeing I had such an important role, so my initial plan was to pretend I didn't even see my role to avoid psyching myself out as I am wont to do. That was the gambit; if I kept forgetting I was the Cop during the day, I wouldn't have to stress about it until the night.

So night comes, & who does my dumbass observe but Blarg. A lot of people discussed his alignment and how unreadable he is yesterday, so I observed him, cleared him as Town, & went on my way. Then when I check my phone the next morning, they're now claiming Lovers. With me. I was baffled & considered the possibility of a... Godfather? I'm used to Werewolf so I'm thinking Alpha Wolf. Either way, I thought of the Scum role where you don't read as Scum to the Seer/Cop. But then it hit me Blarg might be Night Watch, realized I saw him last night, & pulled the Lovers bit in an attempt to protect me. And hoping the town wouldn't see fit to risk killing 2 of their own like a bunch of chuckleheads, I rolled with it. And look where that got me.

I'm rarely the Cop, so this role intimidated me. I feel I never do it right, & clearly, I didn't do it here. It's way too early to claim but if you're about to kill me, I should at least clear the water. If we don't have a protector, I will die tonight. I will also look at one of the 4 I suspect are Scum (Launch, Fran, Kitsune, & Rac), since we know Kark is a horrible arsonist (& thus also a worthy pick). Regardless if I make it to tomorrow, sorry I bungled the role, but go after those 5 tomorrow. I'm keeping my vote on Fran but am willing to pick one of the other probable Scum or Kark.

[/I]Heck.[/I]

Lol.

Did you missed the part where Blarg hinted your partnership day 1 (the guts thing, it was in the summary)?

Can we wait for a while before turboing Zubz? I want to read some more thoughts from Wee, Kark, Launch and CornBurrito.

rac

Banned
anyways fran had a lot of suspicion on him coming from a lot of different people so much where someone had called it out being strange

and he was gunning at you

[/I]Heck.[/I]

image.php

Zubz

Banned
Assuming we belive this new claim. Can I asked why you choose Blarg over Fran, Zubz? You've suspected him all of today and a good portion of D1.

The 2nd biggest discussion point yesterday was "I can't read Blarg." Knowing Blarg is town clears that so we can have an easier discussion. But I tried crafting a way to get that out there without outing myself & couldn't. Then Blarg happened.

To be franc, I'm certain Fran's Scum because no player can be that obtuse. No powers necessary.

Lol.

Did you missed the part where Blarg hinted your partnership day 1 (the guts thing, it was in the summary)?

Can we wait for a while before turboing Zubz? I want to read some more thoughts from Wee, Kark, Launch and CornBurrito.

Wait, what was this again? I assure you the only team we share is Town, but I don't know what this "guts" thing is.

See, I'd just call Zubz an idiot, but this is par for course with what I'm used to seeing from gafia cops.

Your theory on Blarg seems to fit a bit too perfectly, I must say...

franconp

The 2nd biggest discussion point yesterday was "I can't read Blarg." Knowing Blarg is town clears that so we can have an easier discussion. But I tried crafting a way to get that out there without outing myself & couldn't. Then Blarg happened.

To be franc, I'm certain Fran's Scum because no player can be that obtuse. No powers necessary.

Wait, what was this again? I assure you the only team we share is Town, but I don't know what this "guts" thing is.

Here you have it:

But how do you know where your guts are if you've never seen them?

How do you know I haven't?

Because CrimsonFist said you could reply or post in the thread to confirm. I mean, did you not read your Role PM or something? That's just careless.

This exchange happened day 1.

acohrs

Zubz, from your post, I'm guessing you're an alignment cop, not a role one, correct?

Without actually posting crimsons reply, what info did his message to you about your investigation tell you?

Zubz, you don't mon ami~ me for a Gambit then royally flush the cred card I gave you down my own safehouse's toilet. That's called 'ton betrayal', "partner". The magic doesn't work if you professor exhibit it.

Well, at least one of us is Bulletproof

New deal, peasants; leave the both of us alone into the Night and see which one the yucky picks off by the Morning, understand? That's your pro-Town avenue now

Doctor, the vulnerability lies in my bartender/thief post.

Town, if one of us dies Today, say au revoir to two of your Investigative Roles. C'est tout une putain de blague, non?

Zubz, you don't mon ami~ me for a Gambit then royally flush the cred card I gave you down my own safehouse's toilet. That's called 'ton betrayal', "partner". The magic doesn't work if you professor exhibit it.

New deal, peasants; leave the both of us alone into the Night and see which one the yucky picks off by the Morning, understand? That's your pro-Town avenue now

Town, if one of us dies Today, say au revoir to two of your Investigative Roles. C'est tout une putain de blague, non?

You expect us to trust you when, if you're telling the truth, you've been blatantly misusing the clout of your role?

welcome to the club, this feels like the US election again, best of 2 bad options...

I'm just going to leave that hanging, if you don't mind. I'd rather not get into a political debate, since this isn't even political mafia.

ANYWAY.

I'm not 100% sure on Zubz. It's a plausible explanation, but there's still just so many crazy twists and turns in what actually went down that I'm not sure it's a satisfying one. Then again, the truth is often less crazy than we expect it to be.

franconp

So you have an investigative role with a bulletproof?

OK. Congrats on being really overpowered.

acohrs

I'm just going to leave that hanging, if you don't mind. I'd rather not get into a political debate, since this isn't even political mafia.

ANYWAY.

I'm not 100% sure on Zubz. It's a plausible explanation, but there's still just so many crazy twists and turns in what actually went down that I'm not sure it's a satisfying one. Then again, the truth is often less crazy than we expect it to be.

good idea about that point, probably best to avoid such a discussion here.

Forget Zubz for a second, what do you think about Blarg?

Forget Zubz for a second, what do you think about Blarg?

Blarg could either honestly have decided to try and sub for Zubz, but on the other hand, expecting Zubz to just play along was an incredibly risky gamble that you'd have to be particularly crazy to rely on. Granted, Zubz was in a situation where taking that gamble would be beneficial to his predicament, however the risk of them both going down with the ship was so large that it seems almost nonsensical to me.

They're both scum.

An addendum; I think such a gambit would have such a high chance of failure if a person wasn't already in on it. Which means that they'd have to have had private communications with one another in order to set it up. If someone did that with me, I'd be all "what the hell are you smoking".

franconp

ANYWAY.

Are you freaking kidding me!!!???

That explanation makes no sense. At all.

Are you freaking kidding me!!!???

That explanation makes no sense. At all.

Well, as I've already elaborated-- I still think he's scum. But I can mentally perceive of a situation in which him being a cop could make theoretical sense.

Could you elaborate on your opinion some?

Anyway, I'm gonna head to sleep, so if you poke me and I don't respond that's why.

Blarg could either honestly have decided to try and sub for Zubz, but on the other hand, expecting Zubz to just play along was an incredibly risky gamble that you'd have to be particularly crazy to rely on.

*part*

dokOpFA.gif

*separate*

Granted, Zubz was in a situation where taking that gamble would be beneficial to his predicament, however the risk of them both going down with the ship was so large that it seems almost nonsensical to me.

They're both scum.

Now you're just giving up

You expect us to trust you when, if you're telling the truth, you've been blatantly misusing the clout of your role?

oh, I'm not asking you to trust me. I'm asking you to trust Zubz & Blargonaut, loose canon partners on the case. If Zubz dies Today, I die Tonight. If I die Today, Zubz dies Tonight. You want that, Launch?

oh, I'm not asking you to trust me. I'm asking you to trust Zubz & Blargonaut, loose canon partners on the case. If Zubz dies Today, I die Tonight. If I die Today, Zubz dies Tonight. You want that, Launch?

1) that proposition actually seems worse than just trusting you

2) you're assuming the doctor won't protect Zubz

Karkador

Banned
If you're willing to believe that Blarg has been telegraphing things to Zubz from the beginning, consider that if either of them are scum, the other scum would probably steer clear of voting for them.

Karkador

Banned
In a mixed alignment lovers pair, like what I did in Animal Crossing, they didn't know each other's alignment.

A scum player tied to a town player would mean the scum team would try to keep that player alive and not cast a lot of suspicion their way.

TBH, how Zubz avoided a D1 lynch for being so weird is pretty odd. Why Cewyn caught the heat for what was basically Zubz blunder is odd.

In a mixed alignment lovers pair, like what I did in Animal Crossing, they didn't know each other's alignment.

A scum player tied to a town player would mean the scum team would try to keep that player alive and not cast a lot of suspicion their way.

TBH, how Zubz avoided a D1 lynch for being so weird is pretty odd. Why Cewyn caught the heat for what was basically Zubz blunder is odd.

But, they did know they were tied together. Zubz said he didn't know anything about, but of course they're now both saying it was bullshit.

Karkador

Banned
They know they're tied together, yes, but they dont know each other's alignment.

Now, Zubz said he looked at Blarg, but...ehh...that sounds like a claim to try to waterproof this thing.

Blarg is anti-town no matter what side he's on. He's what they call a wildcard.

And you could've been certain about the latter, Mr. Cop lol

don't remember this, and if I don't remember it, it must not have happened :p

Pixar Mafia. My finest moment.

dokOpFA.gif

Now you're just giving up

Be nice to the new players, they aren't used to this insanity yet.

Top Bottom