• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

shanafan

The newest member of Team B.A.D.!

N1AAAO1.gif

I think Summer is absolutely stunning so more airtime for her is good with me!

Give the belt to Sasha, call up Bayley, slow build up to Sasha/Bayley 3 at SummerSlam

I would much rather build that for WM 33. Sasha is essentially a babyface right now, so you could have her respect Bayley in the immediate moments after the call-up, set up their first one-on-one match for Summerslam, and have her cheat to win and turn on her because she realizes Bayley is a threat. Then have Bayley have to fight and fail multiple times to get another shot at the title, before ultimately giving her the shot at Sasha one-on-one (who has held the belt for a year at this point) at WM 33.

/fantasy booking

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The timeline of Bayley still amuses me for when she started to become a contender. She started off (character persona) with poor skills and inability to focus on the match because she was just so happy to be there, and that let everyone beat her. Then she became competent in the ring and it was an amazing sight for fans, she wasn't terrible any more.

The same idea of Sasha just being at such a high level skill wise since joining the main roster (we will have to pretend of course it's better there) and Bayley still just being NXT level (again, pretending for story purposes) could work with us seeing Bayley improve overtime and getting closer and closer to victory with each match is how it could go in a nice perfect world of slow builds.

Of course it's not 1990s Japanese Women's Wrestling, so I don't expect it to happen and we just get a surprise call up, win on the first night again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So The New Generation Project Podcast released yesterday covered the last two Raw is War episodes before Wrestlemania XIII. Very fun little podcast and the ending to that second episode is one that needs to be covered. The roster is really thinning in 1997 and WCW is kicking their ass but the top of the card in WWF was second to none.

The edge and christian show that totally reeks of awesomeness
The edge and christian show that total reeks of awesomeness.

I hate these advertisements

That's not fair. You could ask Scott Steiner about his favorite meal and it would turn into a shoot.

"Hey Scott, what do you think about KFC?"
"I TELL YOU WHAT I THINK ABOUT THEM THEY TRIED TO CHARGE ME FOR A SIDE AND I TOLD THEM THE BIG BAD BOOTY DADDY DON'T PAY FOR THAT BUT MY FREAKS WILL AND THEY TOLD ME TO CALM DOWN SO I GRIPPED HIM AND TOLD HIM TO GET HIS REDNECK ASS OUT OF HERE JUST LIKE I TOLD DDP BACK WHEN I SHOWED HIM WHO THE BIG BAD BOOTY DADDY IS" and etc

MC Safety

Team B.A.D. at Wrestling

Naomi's not bad, but she's been saddled with a lot of dead weight. First it was Brodus, Cameron, and the Funkadactyls. Now it's Tamina and an embarrassing moveset.

Her flurry of kicks is currently the worst thing in professional wrestling. Her butt bump is a close second.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Looks like there's a trampoline or something from the way he jumps

there's no way dude is getting that kind of air unassisted

Naomi's not bad, but she's been saddled with a lot of dead weight. First it was Brodus, Cameron, and the Funkadactyls. Now it's Tamina and an embarrassing moveset.

Her flurry of kicks is currently the worst thing in professional wrestling. Her butt bump is a close second.

Her kick thing is even more horrible because unlike punches, kicks are relatively easy to pull and still look painful (hence why so many moves are kicks). But then she has this lame ass weak as fuck looking kick thing that's impossible for her opponent to sell with any conviction because it sucks so bad.

Hex

Banned
Hayabusa just passed. Months after learning towalk again.
8ab64171b286241466612a11f2b69cab560a62385cefced8351ce04b63e8f9b5_1.gif

p.gif

tumblr_naqaw01HUN1s1uj0qo1_250.gif

Hayabusa was one of my first international mark outs after seeing him here in Florida at an event and at the time all I knew was NWA/WWF with a bit of AWA and WCCW.
Huge huge talent and a lingering tragedy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm going to have to rewatch Hayabusa vs Gladiator/Mike Awesome now. FMW was one of the first non-WCW/WWF promotions I ever got into. It was actually the beginning of me importing and purchasing tapes(including the Tokyopop ones at Suncoast video back in the day) and Hayabusa was a big part of it. It was definitely someone I look back on and noticed how sloppy he was but he was still entertaining and he was a huge boon in my growth as a wrestling fan. As a teen, he just looked fucking awesome. He did phoenix splashes before I knew what those was and he had the most awesome attire I had seen at the time, even compared to guys like Liger and Ultimo Dragon.
HayabusaGladiator9595.jpg

Jamie OD

http://fmwwrestling.us/Hayabio.html

Recommended bio about him for anyone looking for reading material. Someone on F4W brought up a great point that Hayabusa was really one of the first internet sensations in wrestling, the kind of guy only the hardcores in this part of the world knew about. They would go through so much just to find his matches on poorly copied VHS tapes.

Top Bottom