• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Street V3 Tournament (Signup!) Thread

Fifty

Hey everyone

With only one week to go before NBA Street 3 hits, I wanted to start setting up a possible tournament. While I haven't seen anything to suggest that they have a tournament mode(dunk contest should be online, as is the use of created characters), I'd be glad to organize this. Who knows, if people love the game we even expand into a league.

For now, I'll post a link to IGN's ratings, that can give you the scoop on who's in the game, and who's got what rating.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/579/579220p1.html

Post your favored team here, mainly to guage interest, and we should have something ready to go soon after the game comes out.

1. Fifty - Nuggets or Blazers (Maybe not after Fats Randolph stinks it up night after night)

2. DM - Bulls or Rockets

3. FMT - Mavs or Heat

4. Truelize - Cavs

5. Matrix - Rockets or Magic

6. Rors Heat/Lakers

7. Dskillz - SA/Dallas

8. Bob.

9. Ramirez - Sixers

10. Jobber - Spurs/Golden State

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So there are gonna be tournaments for this game?? W00T!!!!

Any notice of leagues??

I'll take the Cavs.

Note: Why wouldn't Bosh be in the game? Who's in? Marshall? He wont even be a Raptor when this game comes out. Idiots.
Edit - I checked the rosters. I can't believe they have Eric Williams in there and not Bosh.

And where is Jordan?? He better be unlockable.

Fifty

Check the link my friend. Also As I said in my post, I have seen nothing to suggest that they have a tournament mode, so this would be set up entirely on GA..You'd play your games by yourself with settings we agree on.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rockets or Magic.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Check the link my friend. Also As I said in my post, I have seen nothing to suggest that they have a tournament mode, so this would be set up entirely on GA..You'd play your games by yourself with settings we agree on.

yeah I checked it after I posted. I'm game for whatever. We're all getting the Xbox version of this right?

Fifty

Yes, I should have stressed that, thanks for reminding me. This is Xbox only. (the tournaments, not the game)

Shadax

Banned
If EA ends up sending me this game for free or if I get a really good cheapassgamer deal on it, I'll play--I enjoyed Vol. 2. This game brings back very fond memories of NBA Jam/Showtime. I don't like sim basketball games, which is why I didn't bother with the NBA2K5 league, but arcade b-ball I can handle.

If I get it, I'll post again, and I'll call the Wizards.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I guess I will call the Knicks. I am horrible at all NBA games, especially NBA Street! Never will I forget the asswhooping Blackace administered two E3s ago. :(

I would do better with the power of Mario, though.

Alt. Team is the Nets.

Mrbob

Which team has Bo Outlaw? I want to continue Bog's tradition if he isn't getting Street Volume 3. Otherwise FMT do me a favor and take the Mavs I want to use my boy Duane Wade.

Ramirez

Sixers,and why in the blue fuck is Corliss Williamson and Glenn Robinson in over Iguadola/Korver,bleh.

Iverson
Thomas
Dalembert

I'll have the best rebounding team ever! :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Mrbob said:
Which team has Bo Outlaw? I want to continue Bog's tradition if he isn't getting Street Volume 3. Otherwise FMT do me a favor and take the Mavs I want to use my boy Duane Wade.

Duane?? (sic)

And what's with the cough there Fifty? The boy is gold. You will all spend your time looking up his shorts. :D

Fifty

Well with you using the Vick in Madden, and Lebron in this game, I have to give you some shots for using the two best players. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Well with you using the Vick in Madden, and Lebron in this game, I have to give you some shots for using the two best players. :lol

Last I checked Starbury wasn't on the Cavs...
headscratch.gif

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:

Sounds good enough to me. Hey I would use Randall Cunningham if he were in Madden over Vick anyday. :D It's not my fault that the players I like blow up. I would take the Pacers if you could punch people. But i really doubt the Cavs will be good. It will just be Lebron. All day. All night.

And you're just mad cause all you got is Skip on your team. Have fun running with Eric Williams. :lol

And no one is gonna take the Atlanta Hawks. Yuck. :)

Fifty

Well actually the Cavs should be great, with Gooden and Big Z as the two other players you'll have fanatastic blocking and rebounding along with Lebron. You're free to use them, but (like the heat and a few other teams) they should be one of the very top teams.

Ramirez

Actually they will probably be pretty good...Walker/Harrington/Childers or whatever his name is,pretty decent lineup.That Josh Smith kid isn't in the game though...

Fifty

That's a shame, Josh Smith is my favorite player on that team. Same with Bosh for the Raptors. What the hell is EA doing? Ratliff isn't on Portland either, and that's why I'm probably not going to use them.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Fuck it....I'll get it Tuesday. I call SA if I can't then I'll pick a shitty team like the Warriors or something

Fifty

Yes you can, I was just giving Truelize hell. I'll probably end up with a "power" team. After all, this is NBA Street. You can be loyal to your team in Live and 2K5 :)

jobber

Fifty said:
Yes you can, I was just giving Truelize hell. I'll probably end up with a "power" team. After all, this is NBA Street. You can be loyal to your team in Live and 2K5 :)
Then shouldn't I get SA then?

I only said I would take a crappy team cause

my skillz > your skillz with computer help :D

Shadax

Banned
If anyone sees a deal on this game please post it--FMT told me that if you have a Game Rush near you (I don't, unfortunately), you can get some insane store credit prices for recent games from them.

Also, anyone know if online leagues/tournaments are supported in-game?

Fifty

Leagues are certainly not supported in game. Tournaments, I doubt, but they're easy to manually organize.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
If I get this, I will want to go with the nuggets if fifty doesnt take them... if not I will go with the JAZZ!!

jobber

Is there a date setup for this?

I might not pick this up til this weekend.

Fifty

There is not, so that'll probably be ok. Assuming the game comes out on wednesday, we'll take at least three days to get this set up, if that's ok with everyone. People need to get the hang of the game, decide who they'd want to use...We'd need to figure out what settings are best.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I might not be getting this until next week. Mortgage payment on Friday and payday isn't till next Tuesday. We'll see. Maybe I'll find a money tree outside somewhere. :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I want impressions of online play Ram and can you use created players? Play a random douche bag for the good of GA.

I wont get my game till tomorrow :(

Ramirez

You have to create a dude once you log in online,it isn't the one you create offline,its saved on EAs servers...

There was only one other guy online and I played him twice,his connection was ass,so I really don't have a good feel of the game yet.

Ramirez

Nah,my connection was all green but it was in the middle and it wasn't as bad as say MVP/NBA Live,just some noticeable lag here and there.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ramirez said:
You have to create a dude once you log in online,it isn't the one you create offline,its saved on EAs servers...

There was only one other guy online and I played him twice,his connection was ass,so I really don't have a good feel of the game yet.

Even the court you create is saved online, I think that is what I heard anyway. A good idea, IMO. So the online character and court is totally based on online play.

Ramirez

Yea you create a court too...one thing thats buggin me is how fuckin easy it is to steal =\

Fucking random douches *dies*

Lets throw a baseball pass all the way to Garnett every time we inbound it and just fuckin dunk,ugh.Why do these people even play the game?

Fifty

First impressions: Shut the fuck up, Bobbito. Graphics are good, but I'm not used to the camera angle.

No tournament mode.

Christ Bosh REALLY isn't in the game.

The online play is cool. You create a player and a court, and gain points by playing online, you can use them to outfit your player and court. I'm not sure how it all works exactly, but that's the most basic description. The bad thing about this is that your offline work doesn't seem to affect your online game, the good thing is of course it increases the online replay value.

Ramirez

GGs with Fifty tonight...the only thing I don't like is that your teammates are random every time for the created stuff.One of us would get a 7 foot dude and the other would get 2 midgets,lol.

Fifty kept getting these fat asses and they would straight work me :lol

Fifty

Yeah, that mode is weird. I don't see an option to buy NBA players...but that would be good. Having two random idiots with your CAP isn't my first choice..Even though they're usually better than him. I don't think I like the way points are dealt with online. It doesn't say how many you've recieved after a game, so the only way to know is to go into the online customization mode and check right after a game, and that's assuming that all wins are equal in terms of points gained.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
How do you guys like the controls on the Xbox version? I was walking out to get it and thinking PS2 based on turbos and such.

Fifty

I don't mind them, but then again, I played Street 2 on Xbox, so I'm used to them. The left thumbstick click being a turbo is the only problem I see, and if you can get used to that (like I have) then it should be no trouble at all. Maybe someone who used to play on the PS2 can help you out more.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Musashi Wins! said:
How do you guys like the controls on the Xbox version? I was walking out to get it and thinking PS2 based on turbos and such.

I have played the PS2 religiously so I can give some impressions late tonight if you want to wait for the impressions from someone used to the PS2 version.

Top Bottom