• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Street V3 Tournament (Signup!) Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
3 things I dont like about Street 3 so far...

1.I'm not digging the default camera angle online,can you change it?
2.Steals...too easy or is it just my imagination?
3.As you increase you stats,do you get randomly better computer teammates?

4.Fifty kicked my ass and I need to practice,I suck :D

Fifty

Guys, I really can't say this enough. Bobbito Garcia is a worthless human being. Fuck him for being such an annoying prick, fuck EA for supporting him, and fuck me for listening to him as long as I have.

Matrix said:
3 things I dont like about Street 3 so far...

1.I'm not digging the default camera angle online,can you change it?
2.Steals...too easy or is it just my imagination?
3.As you increase you stats,do you get randomly better compueter teammates?

4.Fifty kicked my ass and I need to practice,I suck :D

1.) I know you can change it, but whether it carries over online is another matter. Someone who's on now should be able to clear this up. (What sucks is having to defend the man who's down court, when you can't see SHIT). Try changing it offline and then going online. Also try turning Bobbito off for me. thanks.

2.) They're easy, yeah. I believe the handles rating protects against steals. I really don't know, BECAUSE EA IS RUN BY CHEAP FUCKING ASSES AND THEY GIVE YOU A 2 PAGE BLACK AND WHITE MANUAL. FUCK YOU EA.

3.) I sure hope so. I don't think anyone knows yet. Once again, fuck EA for not explaining this mode. I've had to make logical guesses as to how you gain points in World Challenge. Sure, winning gives you some, but most (wins) give me hardly any points. I think you've get a lot of trick points to get more points.

(PS: Fuck EA for telling us jack shit about this big title of theirs. They don't do shit for the consumer. They load our games with ads, give us constant obtrusive EA TRAX, no custom soundtracks, and they don't even explain how to play. Most of the stuff I know now is from older street titles. Also, why can't we have a good online interface? This one is OK, but we don't have a simple "rematch" button....Many games I've seen lacking this feature have been EA titles. odd)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Really I feel lost with this game :( You're right,that manual they give you is a piece of crap,4 pages of worthless nothing and they dont explain jack shit even on their website.

I'm truly hating having to play with random fucking douche bag computer teammates,I hate gtting stuck with two fat men and the other person im playing with has only one and a quick guard.I also dont want to be sexist,cause I'm not in real life,but I dont want to play with the wnba whores either >_<

Fifty you havent tried pausing the game during gameplay to see if you can change the camera if you're the host?

I was just playing Bob and the camera like totally zoomed in and both of us couldnt see our guys in the corner...wtf :(

I'm totally digging playing the game offline and Im sure ill feel the same way about playing the nba mode online,but as of now the create a player shit mode has but a damper on the game for me :\ I cant stress how annoying it is not knowing how to get points and having to play with random shit head teammates,let me play with nba players EA ...and I WANTED A CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK EA CAUSE YOUR MUSIC TRAX MAKES MY EARS BLEED.

Fifty

There are NO options when you pause online. Just quit and resume. I know it's just day 2, but maybe I should give up on the whole world challenge mode. It seems like it's far more trouble than it's worth, and between not choosing my people, playing with bad characters...I don't think it's worth it. I could be missing something, but I've played 20 games of world tour and I think I'll shift over to NBA teams.....even if there is no reward.

Mrbob

Camera sucks ass in volume 3 what happened?

Game is fun but some major nagging problems. This is not a mid 9 game. Low 8s maybe.

Matrix

Game is fun playing with nba players like every street game,they simply just fucked up create a player mode imo.

Ramirez

Camera isn't that bad...it just gets annoying when someone throws it down court every time,take the ball up with your guard and the camera won't be a problem.

Ramirez

I just played a guy in the created mode who had 2 NBA guys,one was Larry Hughes (top scorer) and I couldn't tell who the other one was,looked like Kwame Brown,not sure.I still beat him though! :lol

He was up like by 7 all game,I got my gamebreaker then hit like 4 3s in a row :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Is the online fun? Cause if you guys are gonna be giving up on this in a week I'll just rent it and get through it. If online is good I'll get it soon.
What do you guys think?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Truelize said:
Is the online fun? Cause if you guys are gonna be giving up on this in a week I'll just rent it and get through it. If online is good I'll get it soon.
What do you guys think?

I haven't tried online yet. But I did play the "career mode" for a few hours. I have to get used to the control on the X-Box as I am so used to the PS2 version. I have won 9 and lost 2. The 2 I lost was against teams with 2 pros and one created player. Troy Hudson Kenyon Martin and a player that I let go of my team whooped me big time. I will try online for a bit tonight. Now about the steal deal online, the steals work well offline as well. Seems that it might be a bit overpowered all over the game, so what people are reporting online is just a part of the game. In a tournament I played, the score was 16-6 we were down. Then I started the "steal drill" and ended up winning 18-21. I was just standing in front of the ball handler and repeatedly pressing "b" like I was playing "Track N Field". Now when playing against NBA players, they did some trick action to get past the "steal drill".

Overall, I am pleased with the game, but the jump from Street 1 to Street 2 was a natural progression, the jump to Street 3 seems like it was a serious change in direction. Seems that this game is a bit more style over substance and bordering on "Tony Hawk" territory.

Matrix

Whooo I'm totally digging this game when you play NBA mode and slam dunk contest,atleast with the nba mode I have a chance and can pick my players...really the create a player World tour is a great idea,but its just handled like shit.

Ive gotten used to the camera,but two things still piss me off...

STEALS...MY GOD! EA DO YOU EVEN WANT PEOPLE TO SHOOT? AT ONE POINT I WAS PLAYING SOMEONE AND IT FELT LIKE A GAME OF HOT POTATO >_<

Also blocks,to the random people I play who pick the tallest fucks in the game and camp under the hoop and block every two point shot or any shot in general...a big FUCK YOU 2 YOU!

Ramirez

I'm liking the created stuff better simply because the Sixers suck so much ass on here,A.I. just gets pushed down by the slightest touch and Glenn might as well not even be out there and Dalembert is just too weak against Shaq (Heat are by far the most used team I've played,meh).

But I have my court decked out in Red with blue lines and the Sixers logo every where and the banner on the side of the building,its awesome!

Fifty

Yeah, that's no shock about the Heat. They've got the best big man in the game, one of the best PGs in the game, and a good shooter in Eddie Jones. They're too good.

Ramirez

Yea,I'm tempted to say EA should have left the steal button out and made it only Trick Counters as a stealing method,takes a lot more skill than just running beside your opponent and madly tapping X :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I was thinking about getting this, but none of my friends like the street games, so is the online worth it or will we be giving up on this in a couple of weeks like NFL street

the game is pretty good in NBA teams mode, but if you asked me "Will you spend any decent amount of time with nba street 3 after mvp baseball comes out?" the answer is no

Fifty

It's a real shame you can't earn online CAP points using real teams. Everyone seems to agree it's more fun with real teams, but having the points incentive in world challenge mode is tempting. This way whenever I play the NBA mode, I'll think "I could be earning points" and then whenever I play World Challenge mode, I'll think "I could have having fun" :lol It'll drive me insane.

yep i would chuck that shit from about half court, nothing but net. also, there are times when i am clearly NOT behind the 3 points line (2 point, as it were) and it still gives me the long range score

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
K i rented it from Blockbuster. And with their new deal I can have this game for 33 days and I will only have to pay a $1.75 late charge (they are gonna get so screwed with new deal when it comes to games.)
So hit me up when I'm on AIM and maybe we can get a game on.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I've put in about 4 or 5 hours into the game now and I don't know if it deserves a purchase. I'm going through the create-a-player mode and playing with my created baller and although I like that I can choose what game to play as far as what challenge to take, I dislike that some of them are completley out of my reach.
None of my players are really good enough to play a dunks only game. Heck half of the players at this level fall over when they do a dribble move. I've had players miss break away dunks/lay-ups. Sure they might not be the most talented players in the game, but when you are 7'5" you are expected to make your wide open dunks.
The NBA mode is nice though. I played some 2 players games and we just picked random teams. But that got a little stale after awhile.

I don't know. Good game. More of the same. I actually like the soundtrack too. :lol.

Matrix

Dont buy it,more ive played it the more I think it stinks...this bitch is getting traded in for a baseball game come March.

Fifty

I'm out. I also decided to trade it in, and why wait till march? the value can only go down. Sorry....If enough people still want a tournament it won't be hard to set up.

Matrix

YeaI guess I wont wait till march,Im trading it in for a mvp xbox pre-order.

Matrix

A little of both.

Mrbob

Fifty said:
Take your pick as to why IGN gave it a 9.4. They were bribed, or they're just insane?

Why did IGN give ESPN NFL2K5 a 9.4??? Can't trust reviews of sports games anymore.

dskillzhtown

Matrix said:
Dont buy it,more ive played it the more I think it stinks...this bitch is getting traded in for a baseball game come March.

I feel just the opposite, the more I play it, the more I like it. I think it has alot to do with the fact my player is alot better than in the beginning and I am getting used to the X-Box controls.

Matrix

I really enjoyed Street 2,I'm not sure why I have so much hate towards this version.Maybe its the online portion that has clouded my mind,cause its just not fun playing people who stand in front of the rim all day with Yao or Shaq and swat every shot or just tap the steal button over and over and it turns into a game of hot potato.It also could be that im just not enjoying it with the xbox controller *im used to the ps2 version* and the fact that I stink at the game.I also hate the world tour online,getting stuck with two random midgets or fat guys for computer teammates while the other player gets only one or neither,just truly annoys me.

Maybe Im just tired of the whole arcade game style :(

Ramirez

Yea I can't believe EA made it so easy to steal the ball,thats my main gripe.The Trick Counter should be the only steal technique in the game.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
thanks guys... I was close... REAL close... I will get 2 preowned and get one free from EB next week with that trade in credit i have...

Matrix

Game is not good enough for league play,so yes.

Ramirez

Im holding on to mine,these guys are a little quick on the trigger,IMO...the game isn't as bad as they make it seem. :p

dskillzhtown

Ramirez said:
Im holding on to mine,these guys are a little quick on the trigger,IMO...the game isn't as bad as they make it seem. :p

I agree. I am enjoying the game. Haven't played online alot though.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm still undecided really. There some things I love. Some things that are exactly the same as the first two games (expanion pack factor). And then some things that are just plain stupid.
I probably wont be buying it anyway though. Not if everyone will be playing some baseball game in a month or two anyway.

It's too bad that Winning Eleven 8 isn't online. I've read that that game is some sweet action.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:
Soccer,bah.

Hey I don't really like soccer either. But i've heard it plays well in 2 player mode and I just like playing in GAF sports leagues.
NBA street could have been an awesome online game for us. Especially seeing as we've all given up on ESPN baskteball.

Fifty

If you're close minded to the sport, you might not like it. But WE 8 is the best sports game I have ever played. The most realistic sim of any sport out there, and I've played them all. I just sold Street 3, and a few other games today, to save up for the PSP and the baseball games, especially since ALL of my time has been taken up by Winning Eleven 8.

Fifty

You're from Kentucky, right? I have a game right up your alley my friend.

redneck%20rampage.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
If you're close minded to the sport, you might not like it. But WE 8 is the best sports game I have ever played. The most realistic sim of any sport out there, and I've played them all. I just sold Street 3, and a few other games today, to save up for the PSP and the baseball games, especially since ALL of my time has been taken up by Winning Eleven 8.

Thank you. That's what I'm talking about. Good game regardless of sport.

Mrbob

It may be the best sim recreation of any sport but it is still soccer which means I don't care. :p

I can't believe all you guys sold off Street 3 already! :lol

I may hold off on buying MVP now till I see the GA sports crew hold onto the game longer than a week. :lol

Top Bottom