• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Street V3 Tournament (Signup!) Thread

Fifty

We don't usually do this, and I think I'm the only one who jumped the gun. But since I decided I was getting rid of it, and I wasn't playing it....no point in waiting till March like Matrix only to see the trade in value drop. I usually don't regret buying before renting, but this is one of those rare times.

Ramirez

I still have that actually...no one has it though so I don't play it much.

IMO,NFL 2 was leaps and bounds better in improvements compared to NBA 2 to 3,but no one would try it,oh well.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
NBA street would be so much better if it had some of the features of NFL Street. I loved how when you played two player game it gave you a group of players to pick from and each team took turns on taking the player they wanted. Kinda like if you were actually picking teams in the playground. That would make it much more fun when you are playing random people.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What have I jumped the gun on lately? Street 3 is the only game I have bought and wanted to trade in a few days later....ESPN games dont count and Ive just started trading in those piece of dung games.

I call it like I see it and play it and Street 3 is overrated and I dont see the point of holding onto it till I force myself to start to like it,if I trade it in now I can get mvp for free.

Ramirez

Overrated how?Aside from the easy steals its a good game,and the steals thing isn't a factor if your guy has good handles.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ive mentioned everything I hate about the game already,dont make me repeat myself..plus not having Jordan sucks ass :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
not having Jordan sucks ass :p

Exactly. What's the point in having a Street game without Jordan. I know Bernard King was amazing is his day, but he doesn't replace Jordan in my video games. Or at least he shouldn't

Matrix

Street 3 doesnt even have signature dunks...I POOP ON YOU STREET 3!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Street 3 doesnt even have signature dunks...I POOP ON YOU STREET 3!

You mean you would like certain players to have their own dunks? Yeah the other games did that but then you could just assign them to your guy. I wouldn't mind if these games went back to the Genesis days and had it so that only a certain player could do a certain dunk. They could do that with NBA Live too. It could help give it a more authentic feel.
But in a Street game I think it's "NEEDED".

I still can't get over the fact that there is no Jordan, no Pippen, no Barkley. There aren't too many players from the 80's and 90's that have the flair to be fun in this game. Sure Larry Bird was the man. But come on, who's plays this game to take threes?

Ramirez

I don't see the big deal about Jordan not being in,he wouldn't play any different than any of the other NBA players.It's just a different character skin :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:
I don't see the big deal about Jordan not being in,he wouldn't play any different than any of the other NBA players.It's just a different character skin :lol

he would be rated higher I guess, that's all. And if they had the signature dunks and moves then it would mean something.

Are you listening EA? Are you? Probably too busy counting all their money. Oh I am soooo funny. hahahah. :lol

Ramirez

The dunk that is used as Jordans logo is in the game,but it's called "The Doctor" or something though,I guess Dr. J did it before him :p

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Truelize said:
You mean you would like certain players to have their own dunks? Yeah the other games did that but then you could just assign them to your guy. I wouldn't mind if these games went back to the Genesis days and had it so that only a certain player could do a certain dunk. They could do that with NBA Live too. It could help give it a more authentic feel.
But in a Street game I think it's "NEEDED".

I still can't get over the fact that there is no Jordan, no Pippen, no Barkley. There aren't too many players from the 80's and 90's that have the flair to be fun in this game. Sure Larry Bird was the man. But come on, who's plays this game to take threes?

I like the fact that the legends are not the same ones EA always pulls out the mothballs. The people they included are legends as well. They included more of the people that paved the way for MJ, Larry and Magic. It is nice to see them included and not the same players always see.

I actually don't think that people need their own dunks either. The top dunkers do have access to dunks other players don't have. I am enjoying the game alot. The more I play, the more I like it. I do agree that online is broken, but the offline is fun, IMO. But then again, I played Vol. 2, all the way through 4 times.

Top Bottom