• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
11675437044_931a8a9806_o.png

The Holidays are here! It's November! 2 months left in 2014! Make it count!

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

isJt9IKw0XRnA.jpg

---

Sorry no pics. I'm still traveling :( More pics later though. Please post your pics and highlights from October!

If you want to find out more about my adventures (in photos) and some text, check me out at http://markman23.com ;)

IV Wolfe VI

Neo Member
OG Xbox, Two controllers. One is the S and it is factory sealed all for $20 cdn.

Next is some of the games I remember first playing

- Rainbow Six Black Arrow
- Medal of Honor frontline
- Splintercell
- Splintercell Pandora Tomorrow
- Ghost Recon
- Crimson Skies
- Halo
- mech assault
- Colin mc Rae
- Toca race driver 2

simpleton

First video shows all my pickups from throughout October. I bought a whole bunch of original Xbox games I've been wanting, including KOTOR 2 and Jade Empire, along with a bunch of 360 games and a Xbox One and PS4 game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJESb7O_3gE

The next video is from a score I made 2 days ago. A collector was selling off his collection on kijiji so I swooped in and bought his entire original xbox collection (115+ games), as well as 13 NES games, 1 Genesis game and 1 Master system game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa9sZBvHVGs

My games budget for this month is already blown.

BOTEC

OG Xbox, Two controllers. One is the S and it is factory sealed all for $20 cdn.

Next is some of the games I remember first playing

- Rainbow Six Black Arrow
- Medal of Honor frontline
- Splintercell
- Splintercell Pandora Tomorrow
- Ghost Recon
- Crimson Skies
- Halo
- mech assault
- Colin mc Rae
- Toca race driver 2

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag221/ivwolfevi/AD6635FF-BF97-478E-949B-F30C3F36FA4B_zpszdgkyj1n.jpg[IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

Xbox 1 represent. Mine has been on the fritz for the last couple of years, and I kind of miss the big lug. I still remember bringing it home along with Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball. The future was then.

IV Wolfe VI

Neo Member
Xbox 1 represent. Mine has been on the fritz for the last couple of years, and I kind of miss the big lug. I still remember bringing it home along with Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball. The future was then.

Me and my best friend are re living halo one in its glory. I was gonna wait till mcc but couldn't. And the tits in DOA where epic.

Shun

Thanks! I'm sure I will! I'm still on the prowl for the others as well now!

OMG. That looks so good. Spirited Away still doesn't have a Blu-ray does it?

Actually it's already out and I have yet to pick it up. It comes in a black box. I'm missing a few and I believe the only one that hasn't received a BD is Kaguyahime no Monogatari.

Edit: Yup, Kaguyahime no Monogatari won't have it's BD box until December.

Actually it's already out and I have yet to pick it up. It comes in a black box. I'm missing a few and I believe the only one that hasn't received a BD is Kaguyahime no Monogatari.

Edit: Yup, Kaguyahime no Monogatari won't have it's BD box until December.
Oh wow! Didn't realize Spirited Away has its BD already! I guess it must still be on its way to here in the States then. Good to know!

Mostly clothes this time around. Waiting until November 9th to buy both Fantasy Life and Pokemon Art Academy from Target.

Anyways, had to buy some shirts to commemorate the Giants winning the WS (technically I bought these right after Game 7 ended):
3003c5a13e521c2941698a6c96c9cb29_zpsa481fa81.jpg

5e0ee35176d42662711f99595c6eec62_zps80b52ca4.jpg

b20ea23838c2a3eec1940aedf7288758_zpsa0211b37.jpg

Oh and a new keychain:
1ad151f48df1596b23d1f982e609e607_zps65afe7d5.jpg

zmet

Bayonetta 2 and Shin Kido Senki Gundam Wing: Endless Duel

Seriously loving Gundam Wing! Probably my favorite fighting game on the Super Famicom.

Nightbreed: The Director's Cut, Squirm, and Planet of the Vampires

Fiio E6 Headphone Amp

Got this for my 3DS since it has a very weak headphone output. They work great!

HuCard Disc In BANDAI NAMCO Games Vol.2

Love that Splatterhouse ending theme

Used Street Fighter Zero 2 Original Soundtrack

shawnlreed

15063375404_70cf726347_z.jpg

Some cool pickups this week:
Wind Waker Nendroid
A Link Between Worlds Sound Selection
The latest book by Patrick Rothfuss
Hori Zelda 3DS XL case

Aurelius

Highlights of october. Including games, a documentary, Sony wireless headphones for PS4 and an iPad Air 2 64Gb.

Ikus2JI.jpg

Also bought some nice souvenirs during a trip to Tohoku, northern Japan.

PTgAYqR.jpg

t1H7TcD.jpg

Yasawas

Well I tried it but I don't like this at all. Still I got the cheap version from the Amazon misprice so I should get my money back on it.

ZZ9ugOu.jpg

Some fantastic 3DS games. I bought Kirby as a birthday present to myself to have something new to play when I'm off work next week so I haven't touched that yet but I'm really looking forward to it.

6FmCcZQ.jpg

Some random eBay winnings featuring the best DS game, the best PS3 game (both really cheap) and the limited edition Ketsui which I've been after for the collection for some time.

vppcxWN.jpg

W7nVll5.jpg

Bayonetta wasn't a total waste as my Club Nintendo points got me this:

j7TwyZ5.jpg

And finally a Waterfield Cityslicker 3DSXL case and Shin Megami Tensei IV. The latter is really great but I'm disappointed with the case given how much it cost me, expensive to begin with and even more so when having it sent to Europe. I emailed the maker to ask how much give there was in it to see if it might fit the New XL (4mm longer) to which he replied he reckoned it would but that's clearly nonsense, it's clear as day nothing wider than the current model will squeeze in there. It's prohibitively expensive to return so I guess I'll keep it. It's a superb case but I'm so disappointed it'll be rendered obsolete in a month unless I buy the smaller model New 3DS.

Hhe5QYV.jpg

Aubergine

Neo Member
15063375404_70cf726347_z.jpg

Some cool pickups this week:
Wind Waker Nendroid
A Link Between Worlds Sound Selection
The latest book by Patrick Rothfuss
Hori Zelda 3DS XL case

Oh man, I really love the way the WW Link Nendroid looks, I'm kinda jealous man. How are you liking it so far, I heard there's a decent amount of customization for it.

Ryan_

Highlights of october. Including games, a documentary, Sony wireless headphones for PS4 and an iPad Air 2 64Gb.

Ikus2JI.jpg

Looks like a nice docu! If you're into documentaries, go and check the MediaMarkt. I bought some blu ray ones for 4.97. BBC Earth etc.

EDIT: I'm assuming you're Dutch :)

So much all coming at once! Couple of reposts from Oct, but thought I'd share again for those stumbling into the November thread...

Xbox One (Sunset Overdrive bundle) - I thought the One was supposed to be HUGE? I hadn't actually seen a unit out in the wild until mine arrived, but it's nowhere near as big as some have exaggerated it to be. Loving it so far, Forza Horizon 2 is incredible!

i4VXqaDbwrtyh.JPG

itYyTqWNJ152m.JPG

iD87KnyE1G4bz.JPG

isW2MsJhAh1dI.JPG

Wii U (32GB set, Japanese model) + Various ZERO/Fatal Frame titles - I hope you're paying attention, Nintendo. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I haven't had time to set it up yet, but there was no way I was missing out on Wii U ZERO.

io9LQtqVLgXwH.JPG

iEpH2d14bIfss.JPG

ij14aVVbpOb9t.JPG

KILL la KILL binge (Nendos, Figma, Guide Book, OST) - KLK is probably one of my favourite things right now, can't get enough of it.

ibeN0MzwzRSpZF.JPG

iKoCyzyHRI6JK.JPG

iMWsz0JTmnXhN.JPG

iYVFU9bTab5bB.JPG

ibnt1WzAj2QHsv.JPG

ibrX0HlyHmi596.JPG

iUTALzClvbpwJ.JPG

Bayonetta 2 5-Disc Soundtrack Set - The original game's soundtrack set was brilliant, so grabbing this one for the sequel was a no-brainer.

ipxKM7JU3ifrh.JPG

ibsaybbTefgDvi.JPG

iuzmmIiXimK3O.JPG

ibgRavY6MXD65j.JPG

ibevuScjqChI1e.JPG

eXistor

Just came back from a retro convention, got some neat stuff. The famicom games were €3,- each, nothing too special in there and the 3 on the right were complete gambles (no idea what they were). Also got a bunch of clear box protectors for loose NES carts, boxed SNES and some big-box SNES ones (my Earthbound is now extra protected!)

IGkIKdZ.jpg

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
PC: Myth The fallen Lords, Myth 3 The Wolf Age
myth1amp3_zpsbef4e6f9.jpg

PC: Myth 2 Soul Blighter (they sent me 2 copies one is factory sealed :p )
myth2_zps1cdda1e9.jpg

Fac Sealed Joust (Atari 7800), Sim Golf (PC)
simjoust_zps63d312d8.jpg

7800: Karateka, Choplifter!
karatekalifter_zps04e0e5bc.jpg

Cobra Command (NES), Bad Mojo (PC)
cobramojo_zpsa56e3288.jpg

Just came back from a retro convention, got some neat stuff. The famicom games were &#8364;3,- each, nothing too special in there and the 3 on the right were complete gambles (no idea what they were). Also got a bunch of clear box protectors for loose NES carts, boxed SNES and some big-box SNES ones (my Earthbound is now extra protected!)

Looks like Hi no Tori (the bottom one) and the Maze of Galious (top one)? And the middle one is Legend of Valkyrie?

Hi no Tori is based off the manga Phoenix by Osamu Tezuka. There was both an MSX and a NES game, but they are completely different types of games. The NES game is a platformer, the MSX game a vertical shooter.

Venfayth

B1YWlGuIQAEFfXw.jpg

Mug and games from my waifu. :) They came a day after I got out of the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. Don't you hate it when your body tries to kill you?

I've got games to enjoy while I recover!

SlickVic

dWop0HU.jpg

Managed to snag one of the last ones at my local Best Buy this morning. $315+tax after using the mover's coupon was the right deal for me.

Doombear

I emailed the maker to ask how much give there was in it to see if it might fit the New XL (4mm longer) to which he replied he reckoned it would but that's clearly nonsense, it's clear as day nothing wider than the current model will squeeze in there. It's prohibitively expensive to return so I guess I'll keep it. It's a superb case but I'm so disappointed it'll be rendered obsolete in a month unless I buy the smaller model New 3DS.

Ack. That is too bad. I absolutely love my VIta City Slicker and will eventually get one for my XL. I will say, my Vita case has 'loosened up' a bit since I first got it. It was very very snug and I was a little worried about the analog sticks getting a little... mashed. It has slowly grown a bit easier after 7-8 months of use. I wonder if that would make a difference for the n3DSXLs. I don't see them making two new versions, sadly.

Bayonetta 2 made me thirsty.

8LKNwm7.jpg

I think I'll be picking up the PS2 versions of DMC1 and DMC3 though (NTSC-J probably) because it feels a little off on PS3.

Top Bottom