• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Exclusive Revealed Next Week On GTTV (Superbot's PS All-Stars)

i-Lo

If FF characters were made playable either at launch or as DLC I have a strong feeling for these ones:

1. Lightning
2. Cloud
3. Sephiroth
4. Tidus/Auron

It'll be interesting to see how they balance the combat between characters with permanent weapons against those who either don't or have temporary options.

I'm hoping that it's 4 players. Most of the screens on the Superbot website show two people playing, but there is one screen with 4 people holding controllers.

If FF characters were made playable either at launch or as DLC I have a strong feeling for these ones:

1. Lightning
2. Cloud
3. Sephiroth
4. Tidus/Auron

It'll be interesting to see how they balance the combat between characters with permanent weapons against those who either don't or have temporary options.

If they got both Cloud and Seph in this game all the raging FFVII fanboys wouldn't be able to resist. That's +2 million sales right there :)

SykoTech

I'm hoping that it's 4 players. Most of the screens on the Superbot website show two people playing, but there is one screen with 4 people holding controllers.

Man, 4-player Power Stone 2 style would be so awesome.

Not going to get my hopes up too much for that though. :(

cyborg009

Banned

1. Lightning
2. Cloud
3. Sephiroth
4. Tidus/Auron

Cloud needs a alternate costume that looks like this:

CloudCosplay--article_image.jpg

Sony constantly does the moneyhat routine to get their characters in 3rd party fighting games (Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter x Tekken). I doubt they'd have a problem doing so to get 3rd party characters into their game.

If this game doesn't have any 3rd party characters at all, then they're just idiots.

3rd party character should just be a bonus, not the main attraction of the game. no matter how good Sony list of characters might be, they can never stand up to the huge amount of number the 3rd party character can provide, the last thing you want people to think about the game is when people start to think something along the lines of "Fuck (Sony character), that spot is better served for (any third part character)" or something similar.

I expect "Coming up, a playstation 3 exclusive you won't believe!" for a good 20 minutes while they show other games & commercials. Hope they get right to it at the top of the hour. But i'm not holding my breath.

smr00

Banned
I expect "Coming up, a playstation 3 exclusive you won't believe!" for a good 20 minutes while they show other games & commercials. Hope they get right to it at the top of the hour. But i'm not holding my breath.
No it will be "coming up, on GTTV a playstation 3 exclusive that you wont believe! only here on GTTV"

ill watch the reveal in the morning, i expect nothing but mediocre from this.

fernoca

how long is the show, I don't want a 5 minute segment
We'll be lucky if it's like 1 minute trailer/tease.
Most times, this exclusive reveals are "We have an exclusive look of this and that", teases all over the show, the a 30 seconds clip and that's it.

Unless the whole program is dedicated to this game; in that case there will be more clips and interviews throughout the show.

Oh Gaf....30+ pages of hype for what may be 3-5 minutes of a game being shown on a TV show known for hyping things way beyond need be. Then the show airs and all hell breaks loose as hype is fulfilled for a few and not for nearly everyone. Then it is 40 pages of the same few people arguing about the same things over and over again.

You do this to yourselves.

PS. Who am I kidding? Don't let me down, get this thread to 80 pages when I wake up. I need some awesome reading material for lunch tomorrow.

ReaperXL7

Ok so here is just a quick list of character that I think so "Could" put into the game, I doubt many of these will make it, but hey it's pretty much all speculation at this point for the most part so here you go.

Sony Battle All-Stars Cast:

Kratos (God of War)

Sweet Tooth(Twisted Metal)

Doll Face (twisted Metal)

Sackboy (LittleBig Planet)

Sack Girl (LittleBig Planet)

Daniel Fortesque (Medievil)

Jack (Jack and Daxter)

Daxter (Jack and Daxter)

Rachet (Rachet and Clank)

Clank (Ratchet and Clank)

Angela Cross (Ratchet and Clank)

Quark (Ratchet and Clank)

Dart (Legend of Dragoon)

Rose (Legend of Dragoon)

Parappa ( Parappa the Rapper)

Lammy (Um-Jammer Lammy)

Drake (Uncharted)

Elena (Uncharted)

Sev (Killzone)

Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

Meryl (Metal Gear Solid)

Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid)

Chris Redfield (Resident Evil)

Jill Valintine (Resident Evil)

Berry Burton (Resident Evil)

Brad Vickers (Resident Evil)

Abe (Abes odyssey, Abes Exodus)

Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)

Aerith, or Tifa (Final Fantasy VII)

Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)

Wanderer (Shadow of The Colossus)

A Colossus (Shadow of The Colossus)

Kazuma Kiyru (Yakuza)

9-Ball (Armored Core)

Alundra (Alundra)

Quirex fighter (Whipe out)

Nomad (Journey)

Kazua Mishima (Tekken)

Eiji Shinjo (Battle Arena Toshinden)

Robbit (Jumping flash)

Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)

Spyro (Spyro the Dragon)

Specter (Ape Escape)

Klonoa ( Klonoa Door to Phatomile)

Alucard (Symphony of the Night)

Aya Brea (Parasite Eve)

Random RPG character (RPG Maker)

Random Fighting game guy (Fighter Maker)

Levant (Jade Cocoon)

Kain (Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen)

Space Fighter (Colony Wars)

A-Rod (MLB the Show)

Yeah I know i'm dreaming with some of these but I really hope Sony pulls out some obscure shit with this game, so much potential for some awesome characters. I'm going to be disappointed though, because it will most likely be PS3 Allstars.... :(

Loudninja

Oh Gaf....30+ pages of hype for what may be 3-5 minutes of a game being shown on a TV show known for hyping things way beyond need be. Then the show airs and all hell breaks loose as hype is fulfilled for a few and not for nearly everyone. Then it is 40 pages of the same few people arguing about the same things over and over again.

PS. Who am I kidding? Don't let me down, get this thread to 80 pages when I wake up. I need some awesome reading material for lunch tomorrow.
Posts like these irritate the hell out of me.

SykoTech

I hope Geoff shows up soon. Tonight's pretty boring, could use some entertainment.

3rd party character should just be a bonus, not the main attraction of the game. no matter how good Sony list of characters might be, they can never stand up to the huge amount of number the 3rd party character can provide, the last thing you want people to think about the game is when people start to think something along the lines of "Fuck (Sony character), that spot is better served for (any third part character)" or something similar.

That much is obvious, I never said otherwise. Still, there should at least be 1 or 2. Sony has relied more on 3rd parties than Nintendo, and has far better relations with them than Nintendo as well. If they can't get any 3rd party characters in at all, then something went seriously wrong. After that Long Live Play commerical, I'd think they certainly should get a couple in there.

If I remember correctly last time GTTV announced a PlayStation exclusive it was Starhawk and they announced it within 10 seconds of the show starting. I'm expecting the same here.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

Most of the pages in this thread are comments and posts hyped for the game, not GTTV necessarily. And now that it's a few hours away more people are posting in the thread, gasp.

Give me a break.

SmithnCo

The fact that we aren't entirely sure what it looks/plays like is worth getting hyped over. The reveal could go either way, should be fun.

SmithnCo

if the sweet tooth pic is anything to go by
it don't look so good :X

Eh, I always fully expected them to not really change up the characters' looks, so it would be weird to see Sackboy or Sly next to Kratos, but it could also be weirdly awesome.

The fact that we aren't entirely sure what it looks/plays like is worth getting hyped over. The reveal could go either way, should be fun.

Yea in my head I am kicking around the idea of whether it would be Smash Bros. or Power Stone style (Power Stone please!), but fear that it will be just another 2D fighting game in the vein of Marvel vs Capcom or Street Fighter. That has it's fans and I am sure some here would love that, but I would really prefer a Power Stone sytle or Smash Bros.

As to my last post. Come on, it was in jest and just trying to make light of the topic at hand. The fact that I am posting here now shows that I too am hyped lol. I am not expecting a lot from the reveal though, whereas, I think some are expecting a lot (full roster list, full stage names, online details, etc) and will be greatly disappointed.

Top Bottom