• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Exclusive Revealed Next Week On GTTV (Superbot's PS All-Stars)

So why do you watch E3 press conferences? Do you like the sales talk? Watch your favorite company exec get applause? I don't get people who DON'T want announcements at E3.

Announcements and amazing live stage demos is why I stay up for E3 every year.

I understand the argument for announcing games from E3 for marketing and attention reasons, but why would you as a gamer don't want them at E3?

Do you think the FFXIII announcement would have as exciting as it was if it was announced via a press release?

I watch it for the stage demos, and Sony really doesn't give those away early. I really don't care if announcements are made there. If they are then that's great, but i'm not going to be upset if they aren't. I actually preferred the way that Konami did their conference last year. They dumped a pre-recorded conference instead of doing it live. That way I was able to skip over everything that I didn't care about (which would be the majority of it) and I was able to go straight to the KojiPro section. If Sony did the same thing then i'd be able to skip over all of the Vita and Move nonsense and get straight to the PS3 stuff. Instead i'l have to sit through all of that just to get to the stuff that I really want to see.

How many E3's did Nintendo "win" this generation? They were constantly ridiculed by many for their showings at E3, but they still ran circle around MS and Sony when it came to software and hardware sales.

You're giving E3 way too much credit as far as the impact that it has on games in the long run.

Nintendo has always had a strong showing of E3 exclusive, and titles that got the market to buy their games. Wii Fit, Wii Music, etc. Just because they look absolutely ridiculous on stage flailing their arms playing Wii Music or the like, they still get attention from the market.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
please be half life 3

Globox_82

Banned
Not directly related, but SCEE registered a trademark for "COLD HARD CASH" 2 days ago.

Did they ever reveal something from a developer based out of the US? Not that I have any idea what sort of game can be called "COLD HARD CASH"

can you give a link?
Sounds like some psn quiz game

Alebrije

And what about THE LAST GUARDIAN , it isn´t suppose Sony will realease it this year...

fumito_288x288.jpg

How many E3's did Nintendo "win" this generation? They were constantly ridiculed by many for their showings at E3, but they still ran circle around MS and Sony when it came to software and hardware sales.

You're giving E3 way too much credit as far as the impact that it has on games in the long run.

True. You only have to look at Rockstar's success for proof of this.

Sony does tend to blow their wad before E3.

But even so, there E3s tend to always be pretty good and there's generally a few surprises thrown our way during the press conference.

Last E3 the big surprise of the show was the price announcement of the Vita being $250 when most were expecting a lot more.

But generally their E3s are a good watch because they'll reveal a game prior to E3 and then have a stage demo of gameplay and release an awesome trailer for it during the show.

This is what happened with UC3 and UC2 (great stage demos, plus a fantastic new trailer).

So even if I know about the games already, you get to see substantially more during the conference.

The months leading up to E3 are mostly announcements so that the gamer public is aware the game exists, then they blow them away even more at E3. And I'm fine with that.

Another God of War game coming out isn't much of a surprise anyway, to be perfectly honest. Surprises need to be left for games that are genuinely a surprise - new IP, and so forth. And Sony has generally reserved these reveals for E3 proper.

True. You only have to look at Rockstar's success for proof of this.

Nintendo sells most of its games to people who wouldn't be following e3 in the first place. It doesn't really matter for them.

Sony and MS target the enthusiast crowd so it's better for them to unveil their stuff at a big trade show when their audience is paying attention. Sony just announced a new GOW which should be a big deal for them, but I bet hardly a fraction of the ps3 crowd was aware of it.

Nintendo sells most of its games to people who wouldn't be following e3 in the first place. It doesn't really matter for them.

Sony and MS target the enthusiast crowd so it's better for them to unveil their stuff at a big trade show when their audience is paying attention. Sony just announced a new GOW which should be a big deal for them, but I bet hardly a fraction of the ps3 crowd was aware of it.

They still show these games at the E3 press conference in a big way, so it's not like they're somehow not given any presence at the show just because they were revealed a month before.

The same people that would've taken notice of an E3 announcement are aware of the GoW:A announcement. GoW:A's announcement was basically in the spotlight on every major gaming website. Do you think that would've happened at E3 with everything that tends to be announced there?

Loudninja

The same people that would've taken notice of an E3 announcement are aware of the GoW:A announcement. GoW:A's announcement was basically in the spotlight on every major gaming website. Do you think that would've happened at E3 with everything that tends to be announced there?
Nope,even on gaf it will get swallow up in the dozens and dozens of new topics.

Yes. What exactly what overshadow a new GOW, Killzone, or Uncharted? There's not much that could do it. Those games actually would be doing the overshadowing.

Yes. What exactly what overshadow a new GOW, Killzone, or Uncharted? There's not much that could do it. Those games actually would be doing the overshadowing.

Who knows what else Sony has? And they would be battling it out with whatever MS shows at their conference since they take place on the same day. With GoW:A's announcement there was no competition. It received the gaming worlds full attention.

M.D

Remember when we exclusively posted that the rumored Sony Super Smash Bros. game could be called PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale? Well now we can again be the first to find proof of the existence of the game and the name.

Ahead of the reveal of a “huge new PS3 exclusive” next Thursday, Sony has registered the web address http://playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com/, which, when you check the Who is shows:

Registrant:
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
919 E Hillsdale Blvd
Foster City, CA 94404
US

Domain Name: PLAYSTATIONALLSTARSBATTLEROYALE.COM

Of course, the original survey we received as a tip showed that Sony wasn’t all too certain about the name as they were asking what people thought about it, so it’s still possible PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale might come out under a different name. But the fact that Sony registered the domain (while not registering a domain for Title Fight) not only means that the PASBR name is very likely, but is the first real strong evidence of the game’s existence since the rumor surfaced last year.

Be sure to stay tuned to PSLS for more coverage of the SuperBot Entertainment-developed game leading up to its possible reveal this Thursday.

The site reporting is banned

V_Ben

Banned
Why so dismissive?

Isn't Superbot formed by former Sony Santa Monica / Naughty Dog and other employees?

The game will probably be awesome.

Indeed, and it was headed up by the woman who was producer on god of war. She's back at SSM now though, but seemingly not before she got the studio the contract to develop this game. :p

RiverBed

Banned
I really think this is GoW since that was just announced and why would Sony announce two exclusives with in days? E3 is close and they would want to show something then too.
And what about THE LAST GUARDIAN , it isn´t suppose Sony will realease it this year...

fumito_288x288.jpg

Now, now; some games cannot be rushed such as Team Ico games, and ThatGameCompany games. You can't rush art. :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So why do you watch E3 press conferences? Do you like the sales talk? Watch your favorite company exec get applause? I don't get people who DON'T want announcements at E3.

Announcements and amazing live stage demos is why I stay up for E3 every year.

I understand the argument for announcing games from E3 for marketing and attention reasons, but why would you as a gamer don't want them at E3?

Do you think the FFXIII announcement would have as exciting as it was if it was announced via a press release?
There's always a few surprises at E3 and I love the stage demos. Stuff like God of War can be announced and shown beforehand since those are kind of a given. Save the actual surprise stuff for E3.

TripOpt55

I like the reveals before E3. I mean they always have a couple still at the press event and E3 is where we usually get our first real good looks at some games which is cool with me. I am excited to see what this will be.

SykoTech

Hah. Too bad Geoff isn't here reeling us along himself. That was hilarious in the thread prior to The Last of Us being revealed. Hopefully he'll show up once it's closer to showtime.

I don't get people who DON'T want announcements at E3.

Please point out where someone said that there should be no announcements at E3. I sincerely doubt anyone actually said that. People are just saying that it's stupid to hold back every single announcement until E3 just for the sake of something meaningless like "winning" the show. There should still be announcements and stage demos at E3 of course, but it's stupid to hold back every single little thing until the conference.

Endo Punk

I always feel like a kid at a candy store around E3 time. So many great announcements :D If this one happens to be a Smash Bros type game Im gonna scream like a girl. Sony better have some great coders on board to make sure the fighting mechanics are top notch, and please not 2D.

KAL2006

Banned
I always feel like a kid at a candy store around E3 time. So many great announcements :D If this one happens to be a Smash Bros type game Im gonna scream like a girl. Sony better have some great coders on board to make sure the fighting mechanics are top notch, and please not 2D.

Yeah I hope the gameplay is not in a 2D plane similar to Smash Bros. I would prefer it to be more similar to PowerStone.

Top Bottom