• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Exclusive Revealed Next Week On GTTV (Superbot's PS All-Stars)

Tuck

Keighley's twitter;

Surely he'd say if it was God of War. Thoughts, people? Insomniac's Ratchet and Clank title for the 10th anniversary? Evolution's PGR successor? A wizard being attacked by bees? PlayStation Battle Royale? WHO KNOWS.

For better or worse, I think Ratchet and Clank is done.

Raoh

Their site is so cool.

http://www.superbotentertainment.com/

Whatever the game is, I already know I'm going to like it.

Oh shit that's cool

Using the scroll wheel not only scrolls content it changes the entire view of the site, night to day change, giant robots over looking a city, rocket men, inside nuts and bolts of a robot, eyes glowing on robots overseeing a city in the night, then you scroll all the way to the bottom and it takes you back to the top of the page to do it all over again.

Really interested in what they have planned with such a clever website out.

Lame if it's the tilte fight thing. I can't think of a less intersting fighting game rooster then one filled with Sony characters.

Well Last of Us. Looks like you will remain my one exclusive purchase this year.

theBishop

Banned
Lame if it's the tilte fight thing. I can't think of a less intersting fighting game rooster then one filled with Sony characters.

Well Last of Us. Looks like you will remain my one exclusive purchase this year.

Worse than the roster, has got to be the game itself. I know we haven't seen anything yet, but I just can't picture how it could be fun or successful.

If they copy SmashBros' for-the-unitiated gameplay, it'll be jarring to see Nathan Drake and Kratos as well as unfun.

If they try to make a more deep fighting engine, it won't be taken seriously by any fighting game fans. Also I doubt the c-grade team likely developing is capable enough (paging High Impact Games).

Feels like a lose-lose.

PS: not hyped for
Starhawk
? The beta was great.

StuBurns

Banned
As someone who thinks Smash Bros is shit, I can't begin to imagine caring about this game personally, but it will be disappointing to see if Sony do make a Smash Bros clone. LBP Karting is one thing, they've had a history with things like Crash Kart, but it's sad to see Sony riding coattails.

Whats this I hear about Evolution making a PGR type game?

I have been saying Evolution or the wipeout guys should be doing that FOR YEARS now!

HYPE!

Whats this I hear about Evolution making a PGR type game?

They hired Ged Talbot (PGR lead designer) into a senior position and the rumours suggest that'll be the direction Evolution's next series will go in.

Also of note, Bizarre's ex-design manager Gareth Wilson joined Sumo Digital, who are also making a PS3 exclusive.

theBishop

Banned
lol at the hate over something that we don't know anything about in terms of gameplay, design and content.

haha, I know it's ridiculous but can you picture it being good? If they had Daxter fighting Cole MacGrath against the backdrop of some noir-ish, rainy crimescene? Perhaps on the back of a Colossi? With LBP bubbles dropping from the sky giving powerups.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
haha, I know it's ridiculous but can you picture it being good? If they had Daxter fighting Cole MacGrath against the backdrop of some noir-ish, rainy crimescene? Perhaps on the back of a Colossi? With LBP bubbles dropping from the sky giving powerups.

Fuck LBP, but the rest of your post sounds awesome <3

Carl

Sounds good to me

Derrick01

Banned

One with MS characters? Master Chief and....Banjo I guess?

But yeah this is a terrible idea and I find it even more ridiculous than I found Super Smash Bros when it came out on N64. But the thought of it working with mostly realistic characters makes it even more ridiculous to me.

You, my friend, will have to endure LBP for a long while to come. Its one of Sony's most recognisable brands, makes a shit ton of money and Sony want to turn it into their Mario, which is why Sackboy will appear in different genres (Kart, Platformer, Fighter) etc. There are currently 4 studios working on LBP content.

what makes PGR different compared to Gt and Forza?

Its more arcadey. The series has had some interesting features over the years. For example finishing first in a race might not be enough to progress/unlock the next stage. You might have to complete a specific challenge and finish first.

Combichristoffersen

You, my friend, will have to endure LBP for a long while to come. Its one of Sony's most recognisable brands, makes a shit ton of money and Sony want to turn it into their Mario, which is why Sackboy will appear in different genres (Kart, Platformer, Fighter) etc. There are currently 4 studios working on LBP content.

I don't mind Sackboy (I think he's charming), but I tried playing LBP1, and I got bored even before that long-ass tutorial at the beginning was over. Also, horrible jumping.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I don't mind Sackboy (I think he's charming), but I tried playing LBP1, and I got bored even before that long-ass tutorial at the beginning was over. Also, horrible jumping.

Worse than the roster, has got to be the game itself. I know we haven't seen anything yet, but I just can't picture how it could be fun or successful.

If they copy SmashBros' for-the-unitiated gameplay, it'll be jarring to see Nathan Drake and Kratos as well as unfun.

If they try to make a more deep fighting engine, it won't be taken seriously by any fighting game fans. Also I doubt the c-grade team likely developing is capable enough (paging High Impact Games).

Feels like a lose-lose.

PS: not hyped for
Starhawk
? The beta was great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hR5YNqE3K8

lol at the hate over something that we don't know anything about in terms of gameplay, design and content.

at least we can predict some content like character list, it's SCEA title mean it less likely seeing something like Wild Arms, Alundra, Legend of the Dragoon, rogue galaxy an bunch of others, made it to the game, mean huge chance the cast will be dominated by sausage feast and some furies character.

I hope there is a stage that has a badly wounded Rico writhing around on the floor in the background and if you win, a Helghan Shocktrooper walks in casually and finishes him off.

Brian Cox VO laughing like a maniac as it happens.

They hired Ged Talbot (PGR lead designer) into a senior position and the rumours suggest that'll be the direction Evolution's next series will go in.

Also of note, Bizarre's ex-design manager Gareth Wilson joined Sumo Digital, who are also making a PS3 exclusive.

sounds good. Didnt even hear about Sumo.

They have needed a real world racer to fill the gap's between GT's.

Would be great if they could do some model sharing back and forth between PD and other racing teams at Sony if even possible. Dont need to completely remodel a Enzo for every racing game.

They have needed a real world racer to fill the gap's between GT's.

If Sony got their shit together they could do:

LBP Karting
Evolution Game
GT5
WipEout

and mix up the cycle so there is always a racer of sorts released every year. They'll have enough games to prevent too much franchise fatigue setting in too.

They could also do the same with GOW, TLOU and Uncharted if they wanted. Throw in Killzone and Guerillas new IP and they'll have a strong set of IP on tight 3 year development cycles.

Globox_82

Banned
The thing with racing games, they are heading in the same direction as platformers. Meaning only a few IPs sell. really what racers sell in millions, other then GT, NFS and Forza? GT being the only 5m+ seller.

SykoTech

The thing with racing games, they are heading in the same direction as platformers. Meaning only a few IPs sell. really what racers sell in millions, other then GT, NFS and Forza? GT being the only 5m+ seller.

I want to say Mario Kart, but that one's so obvious that I have a feeling that you're purposely leaving it out.

Globox_82

Banned
Sometimes Sony seems all over the place with their exclusives. Do they really need two more racing games from Evo and Sumo? No one will buy them. As probably no one will buy LBPK.

I would rather see them use those resources in new IPs like TLOU. At least you know that has better chance of selling.

That sounds like the best fucking thing ever.

Combichristoffersen

I'm surprised Sony's going to continue making so many racers. The market seems pretty dead.

I'd just continue to go with Gran Turismo as the flagship racer and then build up the LittleBigPlanet Karting IP to be their Mario Kart equivalent.

Keep GT as the flagship racer, LBPK as the MK equivalent, and Wipeout as the futuristic racer, and they're good to go. Motorstorm isn't doing anything for them, so it should just be cut, really.

And obviously they need to have ND make Unkarted.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Sometimes Sony seems all over the place with their exclusives. Do they really need two more racing games from Evo and Sumo? No one will buy them. As probably no one will buy LBPK.

I would rather see them use those resources in new IPs like TLOU. At least you know that has better chance of selling.

Not every game needs to some cinematic action title.

Games like LBPK have a lot of potential, are already based on a successful brand, and go a long ways towards diversifying their lineup.

Now that PS3 will probably receive a price drop to $199, it makes a lot of sense to build their brands with accessible, fun, and somewhat casual titles like LBPK and Battle Royale.

Sure, they probably focus a bit too much on racers that really don't serve much purpose other than redundancy, but focusing in a big way on two big ones is ideal.

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
tumblr_m2ua3mgRLJ1qhak6b.gif

KingK

Regardless of its quality, the series hasn't exactly set the charts on fire.

Yeah, which is pretty unfortunate. Pacific Rift is my favorite racing game I've played in years, maybe ever. I rented Apocalypse and didn't like it nearly as much, but I would hate for Evolution to be closed down or something. If they could release another game as good as Pacific Rift I'd buy that shit up fast.

Top Bottom