• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Congratulations Sacramento Kings, the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions.

wXYNv.jpg

Next thing worth caring about: The 2012 NHL Draft Lottery

1 - EDMONTON OILERS
2 - COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS
3 - MONTREAL CANADIENS
4 - NEW YORK ISLANDERS
5 - TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

tambellini.gif

OnPoint

It's so weird that Manics didn't start it this year

Also pretty unconfident in these Sabres.

I may be joining you more regularly.

Acid08

Banned
No! The Ducks need to be good for the Pacific to be the best division in hockey. Wait we have Dallas, false alarm. Go back to crying.

OFFSEASON TRADE RUMOUR: Getzlaf has been traded to the Hagen Dazs corporation for a bucket of caramel and toffee ice cream. Looks like he's being assigned to the Administration team for filing duties.

HHTWR.gif

pringles

Dastardly, you need to continue Manic's tradition of crossing out the eliminated teams.

Start with Anaheim, Montreal, Columbus and Washington.

Razorskin

----- ------
Hey, I found my new home.

I thought I was going to have to make the offseason thread.

Then again the title isn't really relevant now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Possibly. All I want is to end the Coyotes. After that I couldn't give a fuck less if they get swept in 4 games by a combined score of 700-0.
I don't know what I would be more interesting in seeing your reaction to the hawks eliminating the yotes or vice versa. Both would be amazing I'm sure.

Red_Man

The only reason I would be interested in them going further then the first round is for Smith cause I have a soft spot for goalies, and he's done well for himself this year.

Red_Man

Hello thread <3

Time to revel in watching other teams fail...
Take a seat gentleman, and enjoy the bath of blood and salty tears that is about to flow upon us. It will be glorious.
ibceUNUargi1rc.gif

Also Dastardly, I think you guys have a very good chance of drafting Dumba, I know I'm going to be very jealous in a few years when he's wrecking people out in Cali, I wish there were a way for us to draft him and Grigorenko.

Gotta thank you once again for putting him forward man, I've been watching him closely ever since with keen interest and if he land him and he pays off, then this awful season will have been all worth it.

Countdown til Habs pick Grigorenko?

Red_Man

All depends if Edmonton grabs him which I could see them doing or if they trade their pick to another team who then grabs him. Then it's Galchenyuk / Murray / Forsberg. You guys may pick Forsberg too, but Dumba seems like he's going to be a really special guy. All the qualities of a heart and soul kind of player. I'm disappointed we sucked so bad in a year that is so blurry on picks. After Yakupov the top 5 are pretty interchangeable and there's a lot of questions marks on guys about health and their attitude. Still hard to fuck up with a top 5 pick.

Either way it looks win/win. This draft is certainly going to be interesting, that's for sure...

See ya later, Dan Ellis...

Based on a Swedish report, goaltender Viktor Fasth plans to sign with the Anaheim Ducks following the upcoming IIHF World Hockey Championship. Fasth has found success in recent years in the Swedish Elite League, but he got some measure of international attention after he led Sweden all the way to the finals in the 2011 IIHF World Championship. During the tournament, he turned aside 30 of 32 in a 6-2 victory over Team USA and posted a 1.71 GAA, including three shutouts in seven games. He was selected as the tournament&#8217;s Most Valuable Player by the media.

Source

Hopefully he won't be the next Monster.

Also in before NHL.com headline "Fasther than Quick"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I still need to do research on who the Leafs could potentially draft.

As of now hoping for Galchenyuk.

Red_Man

I still need to do research on who the Leafs could potentially draft.

As of now hoping for Galchenyuk.
The way I hope and see it going is as follows

CBJ - Yakupov
EDM - Murray
MON - Grigorenko
ISL - Galchenyuk
TOR - Forsberg
ANA - Dumba
the rest no one cares about.

Islanders are kinda of a wild card they could pick any of Galchenyuk, Forsberg, Dumba...Also I could see a team doing an off board pick of Forsberg ahead of Toronto, he gets a lot of hype around scouts.

Either way it looks win/win. This draft is certainly going to be interesting, that's for sure...

See ya later, Dan Ellis...

Source

Hopefully he won't be the next Monster.

Also in before NHL.com headline "Fasther than Quick"
I haven't seen anything in Swedish papers that recently but it might have been decided since i posted the romours a couple of weeks ago, just that they didn't wan't to talk to much about it while he was still playing.

I think he will be solid, the biggest problem will be to get games, I hope they don't sign him and let Hiller start 70+ games, it will be waste. And it is easy to say that he has to earn it but at the same time he should get some games before they ask for too much

Top Bottom