• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Burnaby: And you thought there was nothing to do in Richmond.

All cities surrounding Vancouver are equally boring.
hwu7q.gif

it's true :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Go to the amazing Burnaby shopping mall thing and get accustomed by stupid kids

Metrotown? also not sure you really wanted to put the word "accustomed" there...

Also, Burnaby isn't THAT bad, I go to school&work there.... :(

Do we know when the WC team ratings come out?

Socreges

Banned
Burnaby is fine. It just doesn't have any good bars or clubs or random live music joints. Plenty of karaoke clubs and bubble tea hangouts, though.

Tabris

You need to look at the individual stats under rating. You could have someone rated 88 but they have a bunch of points in stats like Fighting, Toughness, Stamina, etc

While that person rated 86 may have high numbers in shooting and passing.

Like Kessel for example is a horrible 2 way player, has no toughness, etc. So that will lower his rating.

You need to look at the individual stats under rating. You could have someone rated 88 but they have a bunch of points in stats like Fighting, Toughness, Stamina, etc

While that person rated 86 may have high numbers in shooting and passing.

Like Kessel for example is a horrible 2 way player, has no toughness, etc. So that will lower his rating.
Most top end offensive players are horrible defensively. Look at the Sedins. They're so lazy with their backcheck they make Samuelsson look like Datysuk.

How is our D a 4.5 overall out of 5? Our D should have went down while our goaltending and offense should have at least been above that.

and Luongo at an 89. LOL

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How does EA decide the lines for a team? Do they just put the highest numbers together? I don't understand why they have Desharnais as our 3rd line C when he's going to be our 1st line C.....

Osorio

You did replace Parise, you signed Bobby Butler :)

Good luck with that one.

I might be an optimist but I expect some decent numbers. It sounds like his main problem is that he's a floater, doesn't forecheck, backcheck, doesn't fight on the boards.

He signed a 1 year 2 way contract. He knows if he wants to see NHL time, especially on the Devils, he's gonna have to step up his game defensively. Or score goals.

Unless he gave up on hockey altogether.

Osorio

How is Gionta doing in Montreal? I didn't really think much about him until his brother started playing his heart out in the playoffs.

I still remember looking forward to our matchups against Boston because he'd always go after Chara :lol

Red_Man

He was our leading scorer for the 2 seasons before this past one when he had his season ending injury. Love him on the team, but I think he's too quiet to have the C. At first I thought it was a good idea, but I'd prefer giving it to a guy like Gorges at this point. He's served very well in his role though, one of our best SO players as well.

Osorio

He was our leading scorer for the 2 seasons before this past one when he had his season ending injury. Love him on the team, but I think he's too quiet to have the C. At first I thought it was a good idea, but I'd prefer giving it to a guy like Gorges at this point. He's served very well in his role though, one of our best SO players as well.

How's Judas aka Scott Gomez?

TUSR

Banned
Daniel Sedin (91), Henrik Sedin (90)

mmm

Henrik has played 7x consecutive 82 game seasons. With .83744 PPG

Daniel has played 4x 82 game seasons in the same period .835855 PPG

Even last season IIRC Henrik had more PPG than Daniel.

Marvie_3

Banned
How is our D a 4.5 overall out of 5? Our D should have went down while our goaltending and offense should have at least been above that.

and Luongo at an 89. LOL
Maybe they forgot Lidstrom retired?

How does EA decide the lines for a team? Do they just put the highest numbers together? I don't understand why they have Desharnais as our 3rd line C when he's going to be our 1st line C.....
Pretty much.

Derek Roy = Patrick Kane? EA PLS

Red_Man

Montreal Canadiens Executive vice president and general manager, Marc Bergevin, announced Friday the contract extension of Trevor Timmins as director of amateur scouting.

W2Y2O.gif

JWxGE.gif

KSfyQ.gif

JABEE

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d82b2d292/09000d5d82b2d2eb

Uniform Monitor Ranks the Flyers Jerseys as the best uniforms in all of North American Sports

1. Philadelphia Flyers

Flyers: In the name of full disclosure, I am not a Flyers fan -- matter of fact, they're my least favorite team in sports -- but dang if those orange and black getups don't sing like Kate Smith in the Spectrum before a playoff game. They're paradoxically straight out of the 1970s and timeless all at once. Kudos, you dirty creeps. Might this be the only thing you win for another century.

Everyone loves to hate the Flyers, but there's no denying how cool these throwback uniforms are.

Top Bottom