• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My wallet is hoping for a lock out. Since I've been giving money to the Ducks these past couple of months for my season tickets, I'll be able to get that money back or put it towards next season.

What would you guys do if there was a lock out? Get your money back or use it for next season and get awesome seats or your regular seats.

To answer that question I'd first be happy to not have a waitlist for season tickets that's a few years long and pretty much consists of hoping people die.

Smiley90

How much are season tickets at around top center bowl?

Not actually sure since they're always sold lut so prices aren't exactly listed.... But lower bowl season tickets go for 10k+ and the waitlist for it is like 8+ year, and to stay on the waitlist you have to pay 150 bucks non-refundable deposit and 50 bucks/year to stay on it (of which only 25 will be used towards the eventual season ticket.)

It's ridiculous.

How much are season tickets at around top center bowl?

This is just grabbed from dragging through forums as the team apparently doesn't publicly make their season ticket prices available except to members of the waiting list club.

Upper Bowl: ~$2500
Lower Bowl: $10k+
Best Buy Club: $9500
Champions club: $32k (some sort of executive multi-part lounge with a buffet and such)

Some guy attacked Biznasty on twitter for a picture he posted with his dudeds, so Biznasty replies : "Did you plan on marrying that mutant @LilKarpart? See what happens when you wear graphic T-shirts? you marry 4's. Figure it out" referring to the girl in this random dudes twitter profile picture :lol :lol :lol ice cold.

The best part is that Biznasty sells graphic design tees on his sourcehockey store.

Ha, now my stuff is up on Puck Daddy's blog

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...hers-kings-everyone-loves-183710220--nhl.html

I'm internet famous!

I need a life.

DOUG WILSON SAYS THERE'LL BE AN AUSSIE NHLER IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS- oh hey cool collection

Yeah the blog poster has a "LOL I guess I didn't know!" type response.

SNES
habbo art
buffalo beards

dunno wtf was smoked on that link

Nowadays everything is pixel art. It's the lazy indie game dev way.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow, one of my coworkers just said the Salary Cap was a bad idea. I am baffled. He continued to get bashed for it by 3 other coworkers and me. I think I have to ask for him to get fired. Unacceptable.

Is he a Wings fan?

Smiley90

Is he a Wings fan?

You'd think so, but he's a Canucks/Islanders fan. I quote "Our team (the Canucks) is so good we deserve a cup but because the salary cap restrains us we're still cupless". I'm rather scared Tabris is my coworker.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You'd think so, but he's a Canucks/Islanders fan. I quote "Our team (the Canucks) is so good we deserve a cup but because the salary cap restrains us we're still cupless". I'm rather scared Tabris is my coworker.
There's so much fail in this post, I'm surprised Gaf didn't crash.

Marvie_3

Banned
I still can't completely comprehens wtf happened and why. I'm still trying to get over it.

I told him that, amongst other things, too. "It's not selfish, the salary cap just isn't fair for rich teams."

I'm as baffled at this as you guys.

Just take a stick and hit him. It's about all you can do.

Ratings_Toronto.jpg

The fuck is this shit? I don't even know where to begin.

Lupul is too low
Frattin should be a bit higher at least
JVR I can't really comment on
Grabovski is way too low
Connolly and Lombari are way too high. Seriously wtf they should be 60's
Kessel is too low. Wasn't he 89 last year? How can he go down after last season?
Meanwhile Kulemin has a bad season and gets downgraded
Phaneuf may be a bit high
Franson is too low

It's like they said "We don't know shit about these players. Let's just give them all 82".

Smiley90

Just take a stick and hit him. It's about all you can do.

I was considering it, but given all the (somewhat dangerous) chemicals in our lab, I'm not sure that would've ended well.
Ratings_Toronto.jpg

Ahahahahahahaha. Loving the goalies. Kessel is too low. Gardiner is pretty good and probably has loads of potential, so he'll be great. Same for JVR.

Are there other team pics out?

Lupul is too low
Frattin should be a bit higher at least
JVR I can't really comment on
Grabovski is way too low
Connolly and Lombari are way too high. Seriously wtf they should be 60's
Kessel is too low. Wasn't he 89 last year? How can he go down after last season?
Meanwhile Kulemin has a bad season and gets downgraded
Phaneuf may be a bit high
Franson is too low

It's like they said "We don't know shit about these players. Let's just give them all 82".

Truth hurts bro... ;)

Smiley90

I'm glad to see Team Ratings are generally lower though. And ROUGHLY accurate, apart from some obvious weird ones. But really, everyone should be forbidden from commenting on their own team's ranking. :p

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Phaneuf 88 and kessel 86

What in the fuck

Grabo 82 lolololol

The Leafs ratings are overly fair considering the ratings the other teams are getting.

It's not that they are unfair, it's that they are fucked up

Grabo >>>>>>>> JVR,Kulemin, MacArthur, Connolly, Lombardi

Kessel is far better than Phaneuf. Phaneuf doesn't even know if he's a defenseman or a winger sometimes. Kessel is one of the better wingers in the league. He had 82 points... And he could have had so much more if the team didnt jump off a cliff

Most hockey fans can recognize that as a truth, he didn't get $5.5 mil a year for being a bad player.

Hell, i consider bozak a better player than Kulemin and MacArthur because he's very well rounded (even had more points than either of them last year) better defensively than both too

It doesn't really matter anyways, for all we know they sit around a roster and get really drunk while tossing out bullshit, arbitrary numbers.

I mean, that's how I'd do it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It doesn't really matter anyways, for all we know they sit around a roster and get really drunk while tossing out bullshit, arbitrary numbers.

That actually sounds like a lot of fun. Once a lockout is officially announced NHL-Gaf should all get drunk and do this.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
LOL Phaneuf is 88 but Karlsson is 86.

hahahaha

See...

I mean Phaneuf is good offensively... Does have a hard shot and has massive hits

But when you lay it all out on the table, karlsson is a better player. His lows might be the same but his highs have been so much higher

:lol Leafs goaltending.

Would anyone be surprised to see some AHL tandems that are rated higher?

Yeah, but you're an alcoholic. Game designers are all sober and responsible people!

There was a definitely a point where, after numerous shots and beers had been consumed, that someone (it may have been me) joked about rating the leafs as low and possible, at which point we all had a laugh and got another drink.

Little did I know...

smh

There's a difference between 8bit art and Habbo art. And it's not lazy, it's "I can't afford a damn full time artist" and/or "this looks better than wasting 12 more dev months to make it look like Dudebro 1"

Sorry, "lazy indie game dev" is an injoke on another forum I post on where the biggest detractors from indie titles that have amazing innovative gameplay (IE: Fez) usually comes out along the lines of "yah but why did they use 8-bit we're in 2012 u guyz!!!1". I made that post pre-caffeine on my phone when I was jumping between forums and had my wires crossed.

Personally I find it charming, as most of my favourite titles were pre 16-bit days, and the art style is very feasible to an indie dev project cycle (provided it's actually appropriate for the game universe).

When market trends started pointing towards iOS and downloadable titles overtaking the whole "AAA Hollywood Title" style of game dev, I was a very happy person.

Top Bottom