• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

imBask

Banned
Why not? They'll make the playoffs, do their 1-2 rounds and go to work next season with his new coach. Only way he goes right now is if they miss the playoffs again.

i'm thinking he's also gone if we exit early but you're right

i'm just kinda mad. I was hopeful the last 2 games, now i'm deflated

Solo

I don't know what I'm more looking forward to with Bergevin's presser:

a) him saying with a straight face that he improved the team today, trades are hard, etc., or;
b) the media hopefully roasting him mercilessly

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
i'm thinking he's also gone if we exit early but you're right

i'm just kinda mad. I was hopeful the last 2 games, now i'm deflated
I'm still excited for the team under Julien, but this does nothing to inspire confidence in his team for the playoffs. He's going to get destroyed by the media, as he should. How the fuck could you not even get Vrbata out of Phoenix?

I give the Habs an honest C-

We still have too many players, too many cooks in the kitchen right now. I have no idea where Davidson will fit or Ott.

The only deal I liked today was the King deal.

imBask

Banned
I'm still excited for the team under Julien, but this does nothing to inspire confidence in his team for the playoffs. He's going to get destroyed by the media, as he should. How the fuck could you not even get Vrbata out of Phoenix?

my problem is still the same : in my head, this is the last year before the beginning of the end. If we don't trade Price over the summer, we're fucked for the next 8 years (and he's not getting traded)

Solo

Also, let us not talk about the second round. The only hope the Habs have of getting there is if they face Toronto or Ottawa in the first round. If they win the division and get the BJ's or Rags, they are golfing after 5 games.

zroid

Banned
Fehr means the Leafs have their two 40/70 forwards to expose for the expansion draft. Him and Matt Martin.

now they can protect Komarov, which they might not have been able to otherwise

Red_Man

So Washington - Pittsburgh ECF? Might as well been sellers if we couldn't get anything more than 4th liners.

Cactus

Banned
Fehr means the Leafs have their two 40/70 forwards to expose for the expansion draft. Him and Matt Martin.

now they can protect Komarov, which they might not have been able to otherwise
They could also play Ben Smith one more game and sign him to a 1-yr contract, but that would probably mean protecting Martin and losing one of Leivo/Leipsic.

You're telling me

That we didn't trade Duchene or Landeskog

But we're a desperate rebuild team that should give them up for nothing?

#entitlements
A team that trades Subban for Weber should probably be desperate to improve their team for the immediate future, but what do I know.

Red_Man

Not possible with the playoff format. 2nd round is the deepest they can play.
So Washington is going to murder whoever ends up in the ECF? I can't imagine how deflating this is for the team. Of course we're going to hear the typical "we believe in ourselves and the team we have" bullshit, but man that's shitty for them.

Top Bottom