• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Socreges

Banned
"We gave up a good prospect. Canucks fans are going to have a good player down the road whenever [Dahlen] comes over."

😳

calder

For a 6th?

He's pretty bad. He's slow, zero physical game, not sure I've ever seen him make a defensive play of any kind, decent shot, is totally invisible for games at a time unless you look at possession numbers and his are always bad compared to his teammates and linemates.

BUT, every now and then he pops two PPG's in a game or gets 4g3a in a 10 game stretch. And for a 6th round pick he's basically free depth at the wing so why not, if he randomly has one of his effective bursts down the stretch that's more than worth putting up with his awful defense.

For the Jets, we get him the hell out of here so he stops stealing minutes from much better younger wingers like Dano and Armia.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Shocked that Desharnais was moved, and that Chiapet of all people bit on him. Good fucking riddance.

Red_Man

Bergevin doing his press conference in a minute, can't wait for the generic sound bites.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Clearly a metro team is going to be the East's Stanley Cup finalist.

Any of Washington/Pitt/Columbus/Rags will beat any of Toronto/Ottawa/Boston/Montreal.

Hell, it could be an all Metro ECF easily too, as the Rags could beat any of Toronto/Ottawa/Boston/Montreal.
This is our one and only path to the Stanley Cup, yes. We go into the Atlantic, where only Montreal really poses a serious threat (it doesn't matter how much you guys suck, you know that's always the case) and clear out the division while the Caps, Pens, and BJs all run each other into the ground. We take advantage of the depleted Metro survivors in the ECF and go on to the SCF, where we frankly have a pretty decent chance against just about anybody in the West. A fantastical longshot that almost certainly won't play out this way and that basically requires McDonagh and Lundqvist in particular to go completely unscathed from here on out to June, but a not-impossible scenario.

If we somehow end up in the second or third spot in the Metro, though, we're probably out in 5 games against the Pens or maybe 6 or 7 against the BJs.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised that Poile actually made a trade. Seemed content to do nothing.

Guessing all of the craziness from Nashville will come near the expansion draft, since they currently have a sticky situation with one of Arvidsson/Jarnkrok being ripe for the taking by Vegas.

Lourio

Bergevin live now, let's see what he has to say.

**beaten :D

verbal_diarrhea__400x400.jpg

Red_Man

Bergy saying they felt fine moving Ghetto when they have Hudon, yet he hasn't played 🤔

Red_Man

Bergevin just said he doesn't believe in a "cup window"

Which would explain a lot of his dealings or lack there of

Red_Man

"I had good reports from Kirk Muller. Grit. Sandpaper. He has a lot of intangibles that don't appear on the scoreboard." - Bergevin on Ott
Pinnacle Bergevin right there

You'll never see a more Bergevin quote in your life

Razorskin

----- ------
I wonder why John "The Desert Fox" Chayka didn't move Vrbata.

And no surprise Doan stays put as no wonder would want to drag his corpse through the playoffs.

yyzjohn

Banned
Some reporters are dumb. What GM is gonna comment on a player that refused to waive a no trade clause to come to your team?

Marvie_3

Banned
Chris Kuc‏ @ChrisKuc

#Blackhawks acquire forward Kenton Helgesen and a seventh round pick in 2019 draft in exchange for forwards Spencer Abbott and Sam Carrick.
Uh yeah. This thing happened.

Red_Man

Players needed to be sent down to the AHL today to be eligible to play in the playoffs, McCarron wasn't so it seems like he'll finish the season in Montreal.

So... let's look at the new gritty Habs lines

Pacioretty Danault Radulov

Lehkonen Galchenyuk Gallagher

Byron Plekanec Shaw

King Mitchell Martinsen

(Extras: Flynn,McCarron, Ott)

Defenceman:

Markov Weber

Emelin/Beaulieu Petry

Beaulieu/Davidson Benn/Nesterov

Who knows what the actual lines look like

Top Bottom