• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

calder

I have a habit of buying games and not playing them for a year. I bought Deus Ex HR 2 years ago and just started it last summer. (Great game, minus the bosses, Also I see Calder has been playing it according to PSN as of recent times.) and I just played Sleeping Dogs over the past month and finished it (A feat in itself, these days) even though I bought it nearly a year ago when it came out.

I bought The Last Of Us on release and I've played about 2 hours of it. Maybe in a year I'll get around to playing it fully, I'm just not into a game like that at the moment.

I actually want more Sleeping Dogs! Anyone here play the DLC levels? Worth getting?

I started playing Deus Ex: HR again and was enjoying the repay a fair bit... then Steam goes and has it and some other DE games on sale so I pick it up. Now I'll have to start again on PC to play the DLC.

Personally I loved Sleeping Dogs a lot, especially on PC (so pretty), but found the DLC pretty crappy. The supernatural DLC was boring, repetitive and clunky. :/

Speaking of games that just didn't click, I really need to start Dishonored again. I quit on an early mission in a brothel due to vague feelings of irritation and boredom, despite the fact that open world and stealth genres are some of my favourite.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I bought BioShock in 2008 and didn't start it until last fall. I played the first couple of chapters and haven't touched it since.

I've been meaning to go back to it, but lately the only thing I've been in the mood to play is Split/Second. Solid arcade racer.

I had it on Xbox a few years ago, then my house got robbed and the assholes took it with my 360. Luckily they got caught and I got my 360 back but my copy of Bioshock was gone.

I've now since bought Bioshock 1 and 2 on Steam so I will eventually replay it there.

Anyone here listen to the Weeknd, in particular Leafs-Gaf? I just grabbed tickets for his show at Masey Hall in October, so pumped.

Good stuff man. I haven't been keeping up with him lately but I was huge on him when he was dropping his trilogy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good stuff man. I haven't been keeping up with him lately but I was huge on him when he was dropping his trilogy.
Oh yea? He has a new album out in September, he's released 3 songs so far check them out here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=73900643&posted=1#post73900643

Some really great stuff, nice to see some local talent that isn't complete shit.

The Off-Season suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
At least Ovie didn't bounce to the KHL.

Erdrick

I started playing Deus Ex: HR again and was enjoying the repay a fair bit... then Steam goes and has it and some other DE games on sale so I pick it up. Now I'll have to start again on PC to play the DLC.

Personally I loved Sleeping Dogs a lot, especially on PC (so pretty), but found the DLC pretty crappy. The supernatural DLC was boring, repetitive and clunky. :/

Speaking of games that just didn't click, I really need to start Dishonored again. I quit on an early mission in a brothel due to vague feelings of irritation and boredom, despite the fact that open world and stealth genres are some of my favourite.

The clubs in Sleeping Dogs... are so well done. Actually, the whole city is just fun to play around in. I usually get bored with games like that but for whatever reason, this just hooked me. The combat was so well done, and some of the environmental attacks, ye Gods... Very cathartic. The soundtrack is also superb. I never did get quite used to driving on the other side of the road, and I always loved seeing the valet guy come and just get smashed by another car, and get up like it was nothing. "HERE'S YOUR CAR!!"

A shame there will likely be no sequel, since it underperformed according to S-E's predictions, but those were kind of insane anyway.

I've never played any of the Bioshock games other than a demo of the original on PS3 and certainly not Dishonored. I tend to shy away from FP-type games. (Farcry: Blood Dragon being the awesome exception!)

I've got time off coming this month so I think I may devote it to playing through more of the original Mass Effect. It's the only one I've never beaten. I loved the sequels, and while this one is hard to stomach a bit, due to the less-polished combat, it's still a fantastic game and does such a good job of immersing you in its world. Right up there with the Ogre Battle games and the Suikoden games (Until V) for utterly fantastic realized fictional worlds.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
On the topic of games.

Cloudberry+Kingdom+difficulty.gif

Wat.

Red_Man

Mass Effect 1 is one of my favourite games from this generation, but I haven't played a lot of games either, but nothing else has drawn me in like the first ME did.I still haven't played the 3rd, all the shit talking about the ending has put me off it.

Socreges

Banned

DE:HR was one of a handful of games that I bought in preparation for my new gaming PC during the Steam sale. Meanwhile I'm gonna go through the games I can play without issue. Half-Life 2 right now (fucking amazing, despite feeling archaic at times - genius game design), then FTL and Hotline Miami. I've got System Shock 2, as well, but I'll probably need some motivation there. Looks so dated.

Also, calder, don't pretend like you aren't spending every free moment playing Euro Truck Simulator.

Acid08

Banned
DE:HR was one of a handful of games that I bought in preparation for my new gaming PC during the Steam sale. Meanwhile I'm gonna go through the games I can play without issue. Half-Life 2 right now (fucking amazing, despite feeling archaic at times - genius game design), then FTL and Hotline Miami. I've got System Shock 2, as well, but I'll probably need some motivation there. Looks so dated.

Also, calder, don't pretend like you aren't spending every free moment playing Euro Truck Simulator.
HL2 really only falters in the vehicle sections but even in those there are fun sections. The bridge level is one of my favorite FPS sections ever.

Erdrick

Mass Effect 1 is one of my favourite games from this generation, but I haven't played a lot of games either, but nothing else has drawn me in like the first ME did.I still haven't played the 3rd, all the shit talking about the ending has put me off it.

As someone who first played the series starting at ME2 on the PS3 back in January of... 2011? I loved it. Sure, I was missing out a lot of backstory, even with the little comic to get newbies up to speed. I played the game and finished it with the best ending I could possibly get around September or October of that year. Loved it. ME3 was more of the same for me. Essentially played it from release up until the end of August or Sept of last year and I must be one of the few who was not mortally offended by the game's ending. Of course, I first finished it after the patch and the "extended cut" so maybe it was much worse before? I kind of viewed the whole game of ME3 as the ending anyway. (Multiplayer was very, very fun. I loved the co-op aspect of it.)

The end result after beating ME3 was that I wanted more of the worlds and characters that Bioware had given me. I am happy to be able to enjoy the original and plan to do a full series run with this current save I am going through with ME1 on the PS3. It may take me a year or so though, haha. I'm also going to try the newer DLC for ME3 when I get to that point.

Just give me a series with Garrus and Zaeed (R.I.P. to his actor, sadly.) and I'll be happy.

Socreges

Banned
HL2 really only falters in the vehicle sections but even in those there are fun sections. The bridge level is one of my favorite FPS sections ever.
Yeah, it's surprising. I'm normally not a fan of vehicle sections, but HL2 does a great job for the most part. The seamless transition from vehicle section to foot section helps.

I just got the shotgun and escaped Ravenholm. I love how it feels like survival horror at times. No idea where I'm heading next, nor how much of the game is left. Really nice being in the dark.

Montresor

"Welcome, welcome to city 17" - that was a great way to start HL2. I used to bug my brother with that line incessantly when I first played that game.

Ravenholm was so damn scary. Though I get scared easily. Alan Wake scared the crap out of me, and I'm sleeping with the hallway light on right now because I saw The Conjuring over the weekend.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah, it's surprising. I'm normally not a fan of vehicle sections, but HL2 does a great job for the most part. The seamless transition from vehicle section to foot section helps.

I just got the shotgun and escaped Ravenholm. I love how it feels like survival horror at times. No idea where I'm heading next, nor how much of the game is left. Really nice being in the dark.
Do you have the episodes ready to go too?

Montresor

Both episodes are $15 dollars each, even if they go on sale it's probably only going to end up being the $20 you spent on the season pass. Hell with the Xbox One coming out in November they probably won't put much support on 360 sales by the time the second part of Burial at Sea comes out. You should have just kept the Season Pass as it's a good deal even if you don't want the horde mode.

Anyway, there was an article in which Hejduk said he was told he was done with the Avs as he wouldn't be a top-6 forward, not really anything new to that, but He also said he didn't want to move unless he got a good offer. So not only does he want a sizable contract he wants to play in a top-6 role. I don't see that happening, I bet he retires.

I could see everything going half off at one point: 200 MSP for horde, 600 MSP for Burial At Sea part 1 and 600 MSP for Burial At Sea part 2. I'd break even, but why not keep the cash for myself instead of continuing to pay for the promise of POTENTIALLY good content.

I get what you're saying about XB1, but I think we'll see fire sales as MS tries to sell as much of last-Gen content as possible before PS4 and XB1 start off the new gen.

Does Burial At Sea even have a release date? It might not release till November. I've already spent 4 months with nothing to show for my 1600 points of investment. I'd rather get that money back NOW than wait another couple of months for something good to come out.

Acid08

Banned
Can't believe its been nearly 10 years since HL2 came out. I was a freshman in high school, still clearly remember setting up my Steam account to get it. God Steam was a piece of shit back then.

Red_Man

Can't believe its been nearly 10 years since HL2 came out. I was a freshman in high school, still clearly remember setting up my Steam account to get it. God Steam was a piece of shit back then.
It really was, I haven't used it since I played HL2 either.

I bought The Last Of Us on release and I've played about 2 hours of it. Maybe in a year I'll get around to playing it fully, I'm just not into a game like that at the moment.

I actually want more Sleeping Dogs! Anyone here play the DLC levels? Worth getting?
TLoU is such an emotionally draining game. I had to play it late night or when I had absolutely nothing to do. I couldn't play it casually.

Sleeping Dogs was unexpectedly good. I got it on the Steam pricing error and played it nearly till 100%. Great break of the normall setting and atmosphere. The
police
parts were a bit too clumsy for me but the other side was great fun.

Speaking of Bioshock, I played it a bit on PS3 and couldn't finish it. I just got it last sale on Steam and with it running on max, it has me hooked. The atmosphere and world work so much better with the gameplay in console. Hacking is no longer a hassle like on console.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Episode 2 is probably my favourite FPS single player, just about perfect imo, and I didn't play any of them until I picked up The Orange Box around 2009.

Just finished Hotline Miami today, fun game, but pretty frustrating at times with some of the randomness.

RC

Banned
You can add the orange box to the list things I haven't played. Dabbled a little with Half-Life 2 and Portal, but that's about it,

Marvie_3

Banned
You can add the orange box to the list things I haven't played. Dabbled a little with Half-Life 2 and Portal, but that's about it,

I bought Orange Box the same day I got my 360 and it's still sitting unopened on the shelf. I have no idea why but I've never bothered to play it.

Socreges

Banned
I bought Orange Box for $10, never opened it, traded it in a year later. Really glad because these games are obviously better on a PC.

Got Portal and Portal 2 waiting for me, too.

Couldn't stop playing TLOU once I started. Got to the point where I had to play it all the way through to finish it because I knew i'd get nothing else done until it was completed. Game of the Year for me so far. #2 this generation after MGS4.

Quick

Banned
Couldn't stop playing TLOU once I started. Got to the point where I had to play it all the way through to finish it because I knew i'd get nothing else done until it was completed. Game of the Year for me so far. #2 this generation after MGS4.

I've been taking my time with it, actually. I usually gun through these games, but a combination of testing my nerves and appreciating the game has me slowing down. I'm 55% through it after almost a month since starting it.

Samyy

I haven't finished a game in ages
Maybe Chrono Trigger and Persona 3 2 years ago, apparently I didn't get the full ending of P4G so I guess that doesn't count...

I don't know whats wrong with me :((((

RC

Banned
Maybe Chrono Trigger and Persona 3 2 years ago, apparently I didn't get the full ending of P4G so I guess that doesn't count...

Chrono Trigger tends to make all other games look like shit in comparison.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

You have the attention-span of a High Schooler?

...wait a second...

Samyy

Leafs-GAF, I'm watching the NESN Bruins-Leafs Game 7 highlights because I want to appreciate it for being an amazing hockey game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYanopv3NCs

EDIT: I'm also turning it off after the score is 4-1.

We'll, as long as you turn it off and pretend thats the ending

I think its because I bought too many games
Backlog: FF6, FF7, FF8, SMT 4, FE:A, P2:IS, Portal, Bastion, Dark Souls (almost done), Demon Souls, FF13-2

DAMMIT SMILEY, 3RD YEAR!!!! :(

calder

Lol, yeah it has taken up most of my time lately. It's just such a brilliant combination of relaxing and engaging. I started playing it on the weekend and I'm over 17 hours in, and I actually haven't played it at all since late Sunday.

Also, <3 SKY.FM's nature channel. That shit's fucking blissful.

Going through Bioshock Infinite right now and I'm enjoying it.

Bioshock 1 = Good story/great twist + OK gameplay and somewhat overhyped (good game but not GOTY that it kept winning)

Bioshock 2 = OK story + better gameplay

Bioshock Infinite (half way through) = Much more refined gunplay (though vigors seem to be somewhat useless), I can't really comment on the story yet however since I haven't finished it but so far it isn't too bad.

I like Rapture more than Columbia, but I like that Columbia is not completely abandoned like Rapture was, it is still a living society.

Top Bottom