• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Friends of mine who are Habs fans are so excited about Parros, you'd think the Habs signed Crosby. They also think Briere is a dumb signing.

I don't get it but w/e.

That's because a lot of Habs fan have a Napoleon complex due to the team being so small for so long. A lot are more worried about beating up Toronto and Boston instead of beating them on the scoreboard.

61 sleeps until regular season

0726S3_Nashsmall_60p.jpg

gaming_noob

That's because a lot of Habs fan have a Napoleon complex due to the team being so small for so long. A lot are more worried about beating up Toronto and Boston instead of beating them on the scoreboard.

As a Leafs fan, I'm worried about Parros pummeling whoever he fights on the Leafs. Maybe Orr can win a fight or two but I don't see anyone who will win over Parros consistently.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
As a Leafs fan, I'm worried about Parros pummeling whoever he fights on the Leafs. Maybe Orr can win a fight or two but I don't see anyone who will win over Parros consistently.

Yeah, it was parros that gave Orr his concussion.

No more hilarious show of Orr taking on 3 habs and winning

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
We'll, as long as you turn it off and pretend thats the ending

I think its because I bought too many games
Backlog: FF6, FF7, FF8, SMT 4, FE:A, P2:IS, Portal, Bastion, Dark Souls (almost done), Demon Souls, FF13-2

DAMMIT SMILEY, 3RD YEAR!!!! :(

Drop everything and finish the greatest game of all time.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

And then we can send in one of our other goons to bully the rest of the Habs once Parros is in the box.

/shrugs

edit: Get out of my mind Samyy!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Interesting article from the Habs fan who did the obituary for the Sens for Puck Daddy, he's a big stats guy and did an article showing that the way Bergevin did the 2 year bridge contract with Subban will be cheaper then if he had just given him a big one prior to this season:

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2...vin-right-to-sign-p-k-subban-to-a-bridge-deal

You Leaf fans seem to be forgetting about Ryan "crazy motherfucker" White

WhiteCrazy_zps1a0a500c.gif

I'm assuming he'll bring a mace onto the ice next time

It's nice to have a heavy weight like Parros, but the guy won't even play every game.

Enforcer roles aren't as important when you're the 2nd worst team in the league.
Just as important with all the kids we were icing. He's a good fighter, but he is most definitely not a "tough" one.

Red_Man

Just as important with all the kids we were icing. He's a good fighter, but he is most definitely not a "tough" one.
Really? Not too many people can knock out Orr no problem, I'd call that tough. Regardless I only expect him to be playing against teams like Boston and Ottawa.

Really? Not too many people can knock out Orr no problem, I'd call that tough.
As an enforcer he is soft. He toppled Buffalo's giant this season and is a good fighter, but don't expect an enforcer. He'll fight guys who he wants to and doesn't do a damn to intimidate the other side. His "fighting gentleman" routine extends on the ice. He doesn't hit, doesn't mouth off to their team and doesn't get in the face of anyone not his size. He can fight but he is a useless enforcer.

Interesting article from the Habs fan who did the obituary for the Sens for Puck Daddy, he's a big stats guy and did an article showing that the way Bergevin did the 2 year bridge contract with Subban will be cheaper then if he had just given him a big one prior to this season:

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2...vin-right-to-sign-p-k-subban-to-a-bridge-deal

I like his work but I don't really agree with this:

In order to figure out whether or not signing Subban to a bridge contract was smart, we're going to have to use a fair set of assumptions. Chief among these is that the NHL will continue to see the same average growth that they've had since the previous lockout, and the ensuing effect that will have on the salary cap.

I really doubt the NHL will see 8.9% growth for the entire CBA. The rest is pretty good and makes sense, although I don't think the cap will hit $126.8M in 21-22 so his final numbers will be off.

Red_Man

Who are the top enforcers right now?
David Clarkson.

I like his work but I don't really agree with this:

I really doubt the NHL will see 8.9% growth for the entire CBA. The rest is pretty good and makes sense, although I don't think the cap will hit $126.8M in 21-22 so his final numbers will be off.
His estimations are all in the conservative side and if there is expansion which seems guaranteed at this point then it will just go up even further.

"Enforcers" need to be able to play or else they are pretty much useless.
I wish they were out of the game all together, they're a waste of space.

His estimations are all in the conservative side and if there is expansion which seems guaranteed at this point then it will just go up even further.

A salary cap of $126M is NFL territory. There is no way the NHL ever brings in anywhere near the amount of $$$ the NFL does, expansion or not.

Whatever he is smoking he needs to put it down and go outside.

Samyy

A salary cap of $126M is NFL territory. There is no way the NHL ever brings in anywhere near the amount of $$$ the NFL does, expansion or not.

I agree with this
Small market teams would be screwed over so bad

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to see him pummel Lucic pls, don't care about the useless Toronto goons. I'd like to see a Parros/Chara fight as well but that would be greedy.

Red_Man

Parros is just there so that Prust (who actually is a surpisingly good hockey player) can play.
Exactly, Parros wasn't brought over to play hockey. He's a useless goon getting paid to punch people in the face.

I just want to see him pummel Lucic pls, don't care about the useless Toronto goons. I'd like to see a Parros/Chara fight as well but that would be greedy.
Mccarron has said a few times he wants to fight Lucic :lol and I'm pretty sure he's already bigger then him and he's been taking boxing lessons for a while now.

gaming_noob

Lucic picks his fights and Parros requires agreement from his opponent. A double negative on that happening.

Marvie_3

Banned

This. There's no fucking way revenues are going to grow that fast.

Top Bottom