• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K6 League thread...

Cloudy

Banned
Ground Rules and Info:

SIM NBA 2K6 league for serious players

AIM is required (just make an account) and if you don't play at least 3 pre-season games (just challenge any other players by AIM), you cannot be in the league (this is to weed out flakes).

We'll decide on settings after a week with the game (pre-season) and also everyone can suggest banning anything that seems cheesy.

Here's the teams as they stand:

Cloudy Lakers
Jobber - Spurs
FMT - Heat
Kruza - Pistons
DM - Bulls
Billybo - T-Wolves
rpac44 - Pacers
biglami - Suns
mvb34 - Wiz
Tru - Cavs
Matrix - Rockets
Wellie - Knicks?
Mally - Jazz
Dsal - Mavs
Fift - Raps

Waiting list:
classless - Nugz
ImReady77
Kingofthecouch
Buckaholic
Ksolo12

Slo

dv-tumbleweed-1-big.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll say right now and I dont care if he reads it...

If I do get this game *well my bro* and I do play,I will only play if Bog isnt in the league.Hes a cheeser and ruined the last season we had >_< I'm not going to chase around Bo Outlaw playing pg and I dont believe Bog will play legit even if he says he will.

So my vote is in,if I play or not.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I might be interested, but it's totally dependant on renting the game and trying it out. I no longer just buy sports games from GAF (especially Konex's) recommendations.
You guys still owe me for buying two freakin baseball games and I only played 4 games between the two games. Not happy about that. I'm getting over it though. Working on a 12 step program. I'm only at step 2 though. It's tough work.

And if I play. I get the Cavs. I would like to do the fantasy option though. That would be cool. We'll have 8 allstar teams though. That could be a little cheesy.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Truelize said:
I might be interested, but it's totally dependant on renting the game and trying it out. I no longer just buy sports games from GAF (especially Konex's) recommendations.
You guys still owe me for buying two freakin baseball games and I only played 4 games between the two games. Not happy about that. I'm getting over it though. Working on a 12 step program. I'm only at step 2 though. It's tough work.

And if I play. I get the Cavs. I would like to do the fantasy option though. That would be cool. We'll have 8 allstar teams though. That could be a little cheesy.

MVP friggin rocks,Ive played over 300 online games,lol..aim me sometime and we can play,now espn baseball was a total waste of money on everyones part :(

Cloudy

Banned
I would like to do the fantasy option though. That would be cool. We'll have 8 allstar teams though. That could be a little cheesy.

Yah, I was thinking that too. I think we'd have to limit the number of star players folks can pick though. Based on the fact that we'll probably have 12 at the most, I'm changing my vote to teams.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I enjoyed playing Bog.

I just ran Run and Gun. Outlaw is too slow to catch my guards :lol

Bog

Junior Ace
Hey, nowhere did you guys say it was a sim league, so Outlaw was perfectly within the rules. I just feel bad for the guy who lost to him.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm waiting for Wellie's review to hit 1up. I'll make a decision after that.

As it stands now, it's NBA2k6 if it's good this week. Or NBA Live for the 360 in two months. I can live without a basketball game for 2 more months. Especially considering how good NHL 2006 and Madden are this year.

DMczaf

Konex, why are you inviting people from other forums to this league?

Im thinking IF I do get the game, I need to make my own league so you wont screw it up for the rest of us that spend money.

Cloudy

Banned
As you can see by the list above, there are only 5 GAers comitted to playing (4 since you're still saying "IF"). 3 or 4 OS posters won't hurt us :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I just started playing it, and I think it's much improved over last year's game. The stupid garbage animations ruling the game and the hop-step are gone, which is 90% of the problem. Shotstick owns too.

I am having a bit of trouble getting things down since it's a fuckin review copy with no manual, but with playtime today I'll let you guys know how things iron out.

I may be interested in a league with a fantasy draft.

I also got Live to write a review on as well. Don't worry, I'll be extremely unbiased, but I will say that 2K6 is already up a few points for the online options alone.

Cloudy

Banned
The majority of the interested players don't want a draft cos they say with 12 players, it'll just be a bunch of allstar teams. I suggested my cap rules but most folks just don't want it with the league size. I'll stick you in the "not sure" list for now

PS: Even though 12 will be the league size, GA players have priority so I WILL get you guys in if you let me know here by Thursday or so :p

Matrix

Konex my bro still hasnt decided if hes getting it,but are you sure the price is $30?I know for fact he wont buy it if its 40 and neither will I.

Its still listed as $40 online and the game is due out in a couple of days,you would think they would have lowered the price online by now.Now seeing that nba live for xbox has gone up in price,I cant imagine that its 20$ cheaper than live.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Konex my bro still hasent decided if hes getting it,but are you sure the price is $30?I know for fact he wont buy it if its 40 and neither will I.

Its still listed as $40 online and the game is due out in a couple of days,you would think they would have lowered the price online by now.Now seeing that nba live for xbox has gone up in price,I cant imagine that its 20$ cheaper than live.

Its $40, Konex keeps saying GameRush has it for $30 before release but that doesnt make it $30 when 2KSports' press release says $40 :p

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Its $40, Konex keeps saying GameRush has it for $30 before release but that doesnt make it $30 when 2KSports' press release says $40 :p

:lol

Count me out then.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
I'll throw my hat in. I'll go Mavs.
How many games a week are we talking here?

Cloudy

Banned
I'm thinking a 20-game season + playoffs for now. 4 day limit to play games but if everyone gets done, we can advance...

Matrix

Cloudy said:
I'm thinking a 20-game season + playoffs for now. 4 day limit to play games but if everyone gets done, we can advance...

Sounds good.

Matrix

I'm getting it later today!

I just wanted you to explode with excitement reading that Konex.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I have the Cavs twice. :lol. I'm gonna get this and I am gonna freakin abuse people with Lebron.
Ya hear me?? Nightmares. Big time. Nightmares. :D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
damn man, u waste no time.... I am going out of town on business and wont be back until Thursday late, I will try to get it soon....

Matrix

The pass better be what I said it should be Konex :p

Matrix

Just waiting for you to pick it up Fifty ;)

Fifty

rafael%20araujo%201.jpg

CharlieCamera.jpg

Hmmmm..

Also, I just noticed half the names on the list haven't seemed to have posted in this thread. Are they Konex's home boys?

Matrix

Fifty said:
rafael%20araujo%201.jpg

CharlieCamera.jpg

Hmmmm..

Also, I just noticed half the names on the list haven't seemed to have posted in this thread. Are they Konex's home boys?

:lol

I have no idea,but if we get enough people here to buy it,konex's boys will have to find a different league to play in.

STEP UP KONEX!
swede.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
In the end, there'll be 3 (4 at the most) OS posters in the league. I've been talking to them on AIM and I'm not gonna kick them out just cos guys here finally decided to join.

They are serious players and are very excited to be in the league :p

PS: Get the game, Fifty. The Raps suck but so do the Lakers :p Plus you can make trades to get better :lol

Fifty

Ok, fine...but my priority will still be the madden league! I'll pick it up tomorrow most likely, and be in by thursday, like malley. put me down

Fifty

Well before I sign this in blood I will wait a bit to see what some more people think...so I'll see how it goes between now and thursday and if it's exposed in time (it never is!) I can safely backout.

like i said in DM's thread, i'm not going to play in a league with non-gaffers or even unknown gaffers. yes i'm an asshole, but i really dont feel like wasting my time with dickheads who decide to join a league and then think they can "just play whenever!"

you are in for trouble if you let outsiders in konex. perhaps you will get through 5, maybe even 6 weeks without issue, but it will come up. be smart and stick with what has worked in madden leagues and past successful sports online leagues. your choice though, but i'm out if there are any outsiders in the league

Cloudy

Banned
I undestand where you're coming from but until a few days ago, it was just me and Jobber who even wanted to play so I got these guys all hyped up for a sim league and I can't just ditch them. That's crazy...

Other non-GA-ers expressed interest but 3 of these guys have been talking to me on AIM for days now. Any cheesers/deadbeats (GA or otherwise) will be booted and the games will be played. That is why season 1 is only 20 games. If anyone can't get past that, it's cool...

Matrix

Get them to become members of GA and we might change our stance!

Dance Konex Dance
hbk.jpg

Other non-GA-ers expressed interest but 3 of these guys have been talking to me on AIM for days now. Any cheesers/deadbeats (GA or otherwise) will be booted and the games will be played. That is why season 1 is only 20 games. If anyone can't get past that, it's cool...

the problem is that we dont need any outsiders. we can fill a 12 man league easily, hell i think we could fill a 16 man league with GAF people.

it is just not feasible to run a league with people who aren't from the board. it brings back memories of those guys you got for nfl 2k5 and how they would "sometimes" be on AIM and you'd IM them and the convo would be like this:

fmt: hey dude you ready to play our game?
irawku420: wut game
fmt: uh... nfl 2k5?
irawku420: who this
fmt: fmt
irawku420: oh whats up bro
fmt: want to play our game for nfl 2k5?
irawku420: oh the new week already started?
fmt: yes...
irawku420: i ken play little later, i dont know when tho

seriously konex, we dont need that. but you are right that it is your league, just trying to help out

Top Bottom